Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Just think yourself lucky he's still primary age Rosie, since the school returns all the 6th form boys seem to have acquired grey suits to wear around this area. It is very strange. This is a new phenomenon for 2013-14 term it seems.

Oooh I love a man in a suit :)...not that young though, before you lot start ;)

How are you today hun, when is your appt at specsavers? ;)

Even with glasses Rosie you'd have to chop his head off and even then he'd be way way down my list :D

I'm having a rest today Rosie I have been running around all week and I just need to sit and chill today . We went to get all the last minute baby bits the other day so I am now washing all the little babygros etc to save my daughter having to do it ,they are so tiny . I had some that I had kept from my Littleone and I thought how the hell was she small enough to fit in them but she was you forget how tiny they were don't you?

I agree, I ordered some baby cardigans last week, they arrived yesterday..they are ultra tiny!!!..cherub said they are adorable and so cute!! hee hee...I hardly remember my newborns being that size?..it must all have been a bit of a blur for me! ha ha
How long now, 2 weeks? I am almost at 4 weeks and counting!

We were going to go to the mainland today with the latest collection of baby clothes etc.. but waiting now until cherub's long weekend on the 21st, hope my daughter hangs on until her due date!

Enjoy your rest ..you will soon be ultra busy!!!..awwww x

Yes 2 weeks Rosie but I think she may be late head not engaged yet . My daughter has a very small bump she certainly doesn't look 38weeks pregnant that's for sure. She is quite small anyway but I was huge towards the end of all of mine.

We have been lucky that Aunts and friends etc have knitted her lots of beautiful cardigans too many in fact she will never use them all . As she is staying with us for a while after baby is born we have cleared a small chest of drawers to put the baby clothes in and it is full up she hasn't even got the presents yet and I have got a box with a lid from work that I am going to cover with baby paper and put a big bow on top that is full of baby clothes ,towels, shawl etc so I don't have a clue where we are going to put it all ha ha.

Do you know what your daughter is having yet or will it be a surprise?

weigh day tomorrow I have been as good as last week but don't feel like I have lost much so will see in the morning I'll be happy if I'm in the 18's at least.

I am also now 14 days without chocolate I might bring an end to that this week I'm not sure yet whether to do 1 more week or not will decide after I've weighed tomorrow.

Last edited:
weigh day tomorrow I have been as good as last week but don't feel like I have lost much so will see in the morning I'll be happy if I'm in the 18's at least.

I am also now 14 days without chocolate I might bring an end to that this week I'm not sure yet whether to do 1 more week or not will decide after I've weighed tomorrow.

Good luck for tomorrow. You're really doing so well.

Hi Pooks, I didn't know with any of mine either...I'm a big believer in all that pain and torture (hee hee) needs not only a lovely wee bundle of joy at the end of it, but a surprise bundle of joy! :) Read in a mag last week about a couple who were told they were having a girl, bought pink themed EVERYTHING!..and baby boy arrived!!!..Sad story, because the mum then felt she had lost the daughter she had dreamt and planned for and couldn't connect to the baby boy....but she did eventually :)

Well done on the no choc challenge hun, but why not allow yourself a wee treat now and again, even once a week?..then you won't be denying yourself chocolate, you will be controlling it instead of it controlling you? that's my way of thinking anyway, as I munched a galaxy last night! hee hee

Not that I'm saying your grandchild won't be a girl!!!..of course she will be!!! :)...just sharing a magazine article with you! ..Yes, it's okay, I'm going to bed now! x

Rosie that happened to someone I knew they told her she was having a girl she had painted the nursery pink bought all pink bedding ,pink clothes everything even had pink dummies then out popped a boy they were in shock and she had washed everything so nothing could be taken back and it was a huge rush for the dad to change everything to blue before they came home . So I know it happens.

I will allow choc back soon it's just that I have never gone without it for that long before.

I will be back on soon just need to run hubby's car to the garage now .

Morning Pooks!

I'm impressed with your commitment. :)

When is "weigh day"?

I weighed this morning and had a STS. I thought I was doing okay -- but I guess I have to do better.

I weighed 18 stone 12lbs this morning that's 3lbs lost.

Happy to be back in the 18s now just wanna get back in the 17s. ;) But that's me I always want more ha ha

I think I will try for another chocolate free week and see how I go I will have it if I really want it but if I can just chalk up one more week without it it's given me a good start.

i am off work this week as hubby is off on a 3 day course , my 2nd daughter is 21 on Thursday so we are all going out for a meal on Wednesday as she's going clubbing with her friends on Thursday and I am just too damn old for clubbing now the noise just gets on my wick oh how things change so much in just a few years ha ha.

So I'm 21 shopping today balloons , champagne glass , cards etc and she wants money so I haven't got to look for presents at least I'm also new baby paper , card etc shopping too as my impending nannyhood is growing ever closer just 2 weeks to go now.

I absolutely adore newborns so I will be in my element as she's staying with us for a couple of weeks when she's had the baby.

I have two meals out to contend with this week so not sure how Ill do at weigh in next Monday .

Well done on finding the 18s again Pooks.

Ugh newborns, no no no Pooks. I have never recovered from my mother bringing home twins when I was 7, traumatised me for life hence why I have never wanted any myself. I prefer kids when they get to the horrible teenager stage lol

Last edited:
Fabulous loss Pooks. Im following in your footsteps and haven't had chocolate for 11 days now, feels really good to know i've gone that far. Especially as i would normally have something chocolate most days. Keep up the good work :)

Im with tranqs on the whole baby thing, not my cup of tea at all. Much prefer a stroppy sulky teenager, we have far more in common.

Well done Pooks!

Good loss. I'm going to be trying much harder.

Wow! Your youngest starting school... One daughter becoming a mum and another turning 21! Busy month of momentous moments!

Enjoy your time off of work (as much as possible).

Busy busy busy!!! :) well done for hitting the 18's..great loss!

Love newborns, don't love sleepless nights tho! hee hee

I also love hunky men..and sleepless nights!!! ha ha

Enjoy all the upcoming events :).. I can't wait to hear baby has arrived :)

Back