Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Hi Granny-to-be! :)...tick tock tick tock, so pleased everything okay! These scans are pretty accurate with baby weight, I had one the week before cherub was born and they estimated he weighed 9lb..he was 8lb 13!!! :)

Did your daughter get any scans after 20 weeks hun?..apart from the recent one to check all was as it should be? My daughter had a 20 week scan and has been told she doesn't receive any more? we tried to book her a 4d private scan for her birthday 10 days ago, but was told it was available up to 34 weeks?..she was 37!...gutted!

First babies are usually late, so hang on in there..best wishes to you and mummy-to-be :)

Well done for the dieting related topics ;) hee hee

Hi Rosie lovely to see you posting again hope you are feeling a bit better now.

No she had her last at 20 weeks up until this week. They cant do the 4d after 34 weeks as the head is usually in the process of moving into the birth canal to engage I believe.

Everything seems to be ok now so we are just playing the waiting game she had pains last night which went off and she has had mild ones all day today so hopefully not long now.We both have a stinking cold so I just hope baby doesn't pick it up

Last edited:
Aww get better soon Pooks and daughter too! I will let my daughter know that is appears to be routine for no more scans..changed days indeed! I though maybe it was because I was a dinosaur that I got a 40 week scan 8 years ago?..but I remember having a 31 week one with first child..so maybe not?

If she hangs on long enough maybe we will become grannies on the same day! ;)

Very exciting for both future nannies! I'm so glad all is well with your daughter and grandchild.

I had a 3D scan at 37 weeks. They were concerned about the baby's size. They ended up inducing me, then sectioning me about two weeks early as they were in a panic about how big she was -- she was 10lbs 2oz and have a narrow pelvis front to back. The 3D scan was very cool. I don't know what a 4D scan is!?

Very exciting for both future nannies! I'm so glad all is well with your daughter and grandchild.

I had a 3D scan at 37 weeks. They were concerned about the baby's size. They ended up inducing me, then sectioning me about two weeks early as they were in a panic about how big she was -- she was 10lbs 2oz and have a narrow pelvis front to back. The 3D scan was very cool. I don't know what a 4D scan is!?
3D Mel gave you a 3 dimensional look at baby as oppose to the normal 2d flat image we get routinely 4d is constantly updating the image so you can see baby moving like you would outside the womb I think.

I don't like them personally I think the baby looks quite spooky.

Aww get better soon Pooks and daughter too! I will let my daughter know that is appears to be routine for no more scans..changed days indeed! I though maybe it was because I was a dinosaur that I got a 40 week scan 8 years ago?..but I remember having a 31 week one with first child..so maybe not?

If she hangs on long enough maybe we will become grannies on the same day! ;)

Yeah I was prehistoric when it came to pregnancy and childbirth for my last at 41 but I was high risk classed because of my age , the fact I was bleeding from the beginning until about 9 weeks and I was discovered high blood pressure in pregnancy I had also lost one in utero the year before at 20 weeks so I had scans all the way through every 2 weeks for the first few months then weekly thereafter so that was 5 years ago next month I don't really know what standard is now because that was excessive what I had.

I cant really remember with any accuracy with the rest as I know I had late scans with most of them for different reasons one measuring too small, one too big , thought I was carrying too little amniotic fluid etc.

I know they don't have half as many checks and antenatals as we used to have they have hardly any now and they said at the hospital when she had the 20 week that was the last one unless she had any problems later in pregnancy.

So we are still waiting pains have subsided again could go on like this for days :rolleyes: but at least we are near enough ready for her now the last lot of baby sheets , clothes about to go in wash in a minute. Its like preparing for a baby but with none of the fun stuff like feeling them move and kick inside you its quite weird really. Mind you I have none of the yuck stuff either like labour pain , pushing it out and bleeding and after pains for weeks after so it has its advantages. I found the after pains worse than the labour with the last two , they say they get worse with each baby and they are not kidding.

Hope you are all ok my shrinking friends :)

It's interesting how things change over time. Soon, soon, soon... It'll be granny time.

Have you been swimming?

Not yet since last sunday Mel only due to no spare time then totm appeared .

Still waiting *tapping fingers on table* getting a little impatient here now.
Moses basket ready, changing area ready, car seat ready, baby seat ready and no blooming baby to put in them .

On the plus side diet going well haven't had a minute to stuff my face and all the cleanimg preparing etc should hopefully have burnt a lb or two.

How's everyone else today ?

It'll come soon enough. How exciting.

I'm glad you've gotten everything ready.

Ooh how exciting pooks. I hope baby comes quickly and safely. Sounds like you're all ready to go.

*Taps fingers alongside Pookie*...are they mentioning induction if she reaches 7 days 'overdue' hun?..or has that all changed too nowadays? ;)

*Ra Ra Rasputin*......

*Taps fingers alongside Pookie*...are they mentioning induction if she reaches 7 days 'overdue' hun?..or has that all changed too nowadays? ;)

*Ra Ra Rasputin*......

They did a sweep of the cervix today to see if that will help things along . If nothing happens then she'll be booked in for induction sunday or Monday which will be 12 / 13 days late .

*so still tapping*

I know when they told me on Monday I'd be induced on Wednesday... I went home and went into labor. Maybe they've scared her into starting.

Hot sex is what the mummies to be require. This was what my friend's daughter in Oz was prescribed by her doctor when she was overdue. She took the advice and the waiting was soon over.

News today is that Rotty is now joining you on the grannies-in-waiting list.

Hot sex is what the mummies to be require. This was what my friend's daughter in Oz was prescribed by her doctor when she was overdue. She took the advice and the waiting was soon over.

News today is that Rotty is now joining you on the grannies-in-waiting list.

On no.. They let them continue to reproduce!!!

Hope things get moving soon for your daughter Pooks! ;)

Tranqs, I thought the hot sex was at the conception?..but hey..what do I know? hee hee ;)

Seriously, that is a true statement (so I've heard!!)..and curry and fresh pineapple..not all at the same time though! ;)

Back