Lurker Turned Poster Due To Rainbow Rose's Diary - Time to start my own diary

Hello Nanny Pooks!

Sorry Ladies I have just realised I have updated Rosies news but didnt update my own.

Nanny Pooks I certainly am

Baby arrived at 8.35pm on the 7th October
Little girl 7lbs 4oz

She is called Ellie May

My daughter had a really bad time she hemorraged and lost nearly 3 litres of blood and was very poorly she had to have 2 blood transfusions and couldnt get out of bed for 3 days . She had a really bad time.

Shes at home now and baby is doing really well although she was a little pickle for feeding at the start as she had swallowed a lot of blood during the birth.

She is absolutely beautiful.;)

Congratulations on your granddaughter and I'm so sorry to read that your daughter had it so rough. Was it a placental abruption? My DH's niece had that happen and they almost had to do a hysterectomy to save her. They worked hard to avoid that -- as it was her first baby and she was 20 at the time. She had a second baby a few years later and it was uneventful. Her boys are now grown. One in Uni and the other will be soon.

You must be so glad to have things on a more normal footing. How does your youngest like being an aunt?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! i bet youre so excited to have babies at home again! (although possibly sleep deprived?)

yaaaay! nanny pooks!

I think the DD and GD might be at their own flat now.

No still with me for another week at least daughter is having a hard time with it all don't think she realised it would be as hard as it is even though I did warn her lots of times .

My little one informs us she is not an auntie and never will be ha ha.

Massive congratulations Granny Pookie :)

Sorry to hear your daughter had such a rough time, that probably explains why she is finding it hard to cope at the moment. I am sure she will recover soon and be a brilliant mummy :) it IS hard work, rewarding but blooming hard!!! Best wishes to her, baby and new grandparents :)

She is not really bothered about the baby although she did say ' mummy can you tell Becky to take that baby home as she is crying and I cant hear my programmes ' ha ha

Lol -- my friend's older child (about age 4) told her it was time to "take the baby back".

Morning Pooks!

Catch up us on the Adventures of Nanny Pooks!

Happy Tuesday..how is life these days hun? Hope your daughter and baby Pookie are doing okay? :)
Daughter still not great stitches are really playing her up still but baby is fine .

Me however may be about to go off me loop I am having the house rewired at the moment which is an absolute nightmare. We had booked it for now thinking daughter would be long gone by now but obviously with all complications and baby coming so late they have overlaped.

I knew that rewiring had to be the job with the most upheaval ever because they need to get everywhere but its still awful
We spent last week clearing out our loft that was an eye opener we had boxes up there for things we had got rid of 5 to 8 years ago among a load of old crap of course so we have rented a storage locker and put it all in there . I will sort it out before it goes back up.
It will all be worth it in the end as we now have 11 double sockets in the living room alone. We also have lights in the walk in waldrobes which is something we desperately needed .

While the loft is empty we are going to be have the insulation changed .

Then stupid here goes and orders a new suite while out on our travels for a couple of ceiling fans so I'm now left with a complete living room refurb we ordered new carpet this week and while we were at that we ordered a new bedroom carpet for our bedroom so I have to do that as well because both carpets are being fitted on the same day. So it is a very busy time in the Pooks house hold .

I returned my daughter home yesterday she wasn't very happy about it but we have now had her for 3 weeks and she has to learn to stand on her own two feet again sometime plus with all the work going on its not a nice environment for a baby.

Hope you're all ok will catch up with you all soon hopefully. :)

Morning Pooks,

Not at all -- you're right new carpet, insulation, dust, etc. not great for baby. I hope you're very pleased when it's all done.

Blimey!! You don't do things in halves :)

it it will all be done in one chunk though, at least when it's done you won't have to worry about the next thing getting done x

Morning Pooks!

Hi ladies sorry I have been missing for a while but things are pretty crap in Pookie world at the moment.

My Dad died last Tuesday it was all very sudden and a complete shock so we have all been a bit stunned . I know he was terminal and we should have been expecting it but the last couple of months hes looked better than ever . They had got his pain relief under control , he was eating again so had filled out again and had really started looking like his old self again and apart from being stuck in bed he was fine.

Then early hours of Tuesday he was taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack , then we got a text saying he was ok and would be out in a couple of days . Half hour later my brother rang me and said you better come down he is not looking good . I had only been there 5 mins when he died and he was in a coma when I got there so never saw him awake . I have been ill with a chest infection for 3 weeks so haven't been able to visit him either but I did speak to him on the phone two days before he died. They discovered he hadn't had a heart attack after getting the results of the tests they had taken when he got into hospital, the cancer had got very aggressive and had really taken a strong hold almost immediately they said. At least the one good thing about this was he didn't have months of long drawn out suffering it was almost instant, not that this makes it any easier to deal with.

So as you can imagine life is pretty shitty at the moment.

On a brighter note my granddaughter is a right chubby faced little thing now shes 9 lb now and has really big eyes and smiles away at us loads. Shes doing really well.

My living room and bedroom are all finished now after an awful lot of hard work and they both look really lovely so I am very pleased with both, the new suite is really comfy too. I am just in the process of putting every thing back then I am starting on the hall ,landing and stairs after Christmas.

I am off to have a quick nose around your diaries , hope to speak with you all soon .

Sending you huge amounts of love pooks. Im so sorry about your dad honey. Of course things have been shitty.

So pleased to hear about baby pookie and how well she's coming along.

Big hugs lovely. We're all here for you. Xxxxxx

Evening Pooks,

I'm sorry about your Father's passing, but am grateful he didn't suffer. It is also fab that e lived long enough to meet your daughter's baby.

Yay to baby doing so well!

And super yay to be out of a work zone.

(((((HUGS)))))

So sorry to hear your sad news Pookie. Words don't seem enough, but always remember we are all here for you..at any time.

Good to know your grandaughter is doing well, I hope she provides you all with some smiles through your heartbreak. Take extra special care hun xxxx

Back