luscious losers meeting 3/2/12

Bostik

Gold Member
Sorry its so late guys, was at work and forgot when i got back!

How's your guys week been?

Oh this weeks Slimmer of the week was bijouxdolly with a brilliant loss of 1.6%:D

Well done bijouxdolly!!! Sorry hun I should have taken control this week knowing how busy you've been, but I completley forgot!!!

Its fine :) i finished at 3 today but it just totally slipped my mind!

Had a gain this week 1.2lbs. Didn't deserve it. Apparently its cos of kettleworx.

Started work this week so last two days have been a bit rubbish diet wise cos i had shifts thrown at me last minute so couldn't prepare. Gonna try and get back on track from tomorrow :) even if its just with the food for now.

Heya guys! Well done bijouxdolly - fab job :)
Like you Bostik I've had a slip up :-s I gained 2lb. I was a little naughty & went to pizza hut on Tuesday but I ate a huge low calorie salad for starter. Plus I'd chosen a meal from the under 500 calories menu and ate 1800 that day instead of my usual 1200 (my maintaining allowance is 1700 though so I didn't think it would be very damaging). Gutted, but never mind! I suppose I have to expect it being so close to target.

On a more positive note, I did very well at not snacking in the evenings :) i'm quite proud as its a habit I've been trying to break for months.

Hi everyone, even though I'm feeling like crawling under a rock I am being brave and coming here to admit to a 3 lb gain :...( I have completely lost the plot. I feel really low. And am eating to comfort myself but in a way it's like a punishment , does anyone know what I mean? Coz I'm eating even when I'm not hungry. Pmt this month is extra bad. I always struggle when the days are short and weather is so cold. I keep thinking everyday I will start a fresh but just can't find the inspiration. Sorry for the moans. My friends always think I'm so upbeat and positive and bubbly. But I think that is just my mask I've learnt to wear through being over weight most of my life!! Anyway. Again apologies for whining, thank you for listening/ reading!! I'm now at 13 stone 6 and I was that at the end of December so I feel a bit like I've wasted the last 5 weeks. So time to start planning and make changes. It's only me that can do it!! Have a good week everyone. : )

Hi everyone, even though I'm feeling like crawling under a rock I am being brave and coming here to admit to a 3 lb gain :...( I have completely lost the plot. I feel really low. And am eating to comfort myself but in a way it's like a punishment , does anyone know what I mean? Coz I'm eating even when I'm not hungry. Pmt this month is extra bad. I always struggle when the days are short and weather is so cold. I keep thinking everyday I will start a fresh but just can't find the inspiration. Sorry for the moans. My friends always think I'm so upbeat and positive and bubbly. But I think that is just my mask I've learnt to wear through being over weight most of my life!! Anyway. Again apologies for whining, thank you for listening/ reading!! I'm now at 13 stone 6 and I was that at the end of December so I feel a bit like I've wasted the last 5 weeks. So time to start planning and make changes. It's only me that can do it!! Have a good week everyone. : )

I completley get what you mean. I promise you that you are not alone. When I have a rubbish time of it I turn to food and eat and eat until I'm sick sometimes. I know I am doing a stupid thing, but it's almost like I carry on to punish myself for doing it in the first place.

Do not feel beaten. You can turn this around. So what that you put 3lbs on. If you pull yourself together and drag yourself out of this viscious circle you can regain control, and thats what you NEED to do. You have to want this and it can take some time to get there, but everyday you need to tell yourself that you are worth it, and that you want to loose weight. Eventually you will get that light bulb moment. It took me an entire month to get back on it after Christmas, but here I am, trying everyday to fight the urges. It will get better hun. Thats what we are here for. Do you have a diary?? It's a great way to get the full support of minimins.

You can do this, you really can!! :)

Thank you squeezy, made me cry a little!! You are so kind, it's such a relief that someone understands. I went through a week or so of insatiable hunger and chocolate cravings, but when they subsided I felt so guilty that I just carried on and on eating and stuffing like I wanted to punish myself and that being fat is what I deserve! This weight loss challenge really is 90% emotional 10% practical I think. Without the right mindset it just isn't happening. It's breaking the vicious cycle of bingeing and guilt. And I will! I think you are right, I will try writing everything down. Making good choices will hopefully spur me on. Thank u again. You have made good sense and helped more than you know x : )

Thank you squeezy, made me cry a little!! You are so kind, it's such a relief that someone understands. I went through a week or so of insatiable hunger and chocolate cravings, but when they subsided I felt so guilty that I just carried on and on eating and stuffing like I wanted to punish myself and that being fat is what I deserve! This weight loss challenge really is 90% emotional 10% practical I think. Without the right mindset it just isn't happening. It's breaking the vicious cycle of bingeing and guilt. And I will! I think you are right, I will try writing everything down. Making good choices will hopefully spur me on. Thank u again. You have made good sense and helped more than you know x : )

I've sent you a friend request. If you ever need to talk or cry or do a bit of both you can personal message me.
I completley agree that 90% of this weight loss journey is dealing with your emotions. Especially if you are an emotional eater, which I catagorically am!! It is bloody hard to get your head in the right place to loose weight, and I think people struggle to understand that. But, that is why I LOVE minimins, I have found some amazing people on here that I am now lucky enough to call friends, and I wouldn't have got as far as I have without them, so don't struggle on your own. We're all here for you when you need us.
((((hugs)))) xxx

I couldn't agree more, my biggest problem is definitely emotional eating. It seems ridiculous though as i feel so guilty after bingeing. You'd think I'd learn, but no!

I couldn't agree more, my biggest problem is definitely emotional eating. It seems ridiculous though as i feel so guilty after bingeing. You'd think I'd learn, but no!

Alot of it's psychological, so it's so deep rooted. We think we should learn, but we don't then we beat ourselves even more so turn to the choccy. It's a horroible feeling and in some cases I truly believe a form of self harm.
You can get through the other side though. There is light at the end of the tunnel. :):D:)

I was, but I gained 2lbs this week :( but to be honest I'm not sure what I'm aiming for anymore. My weight seems to bounce between 8'12 and 9'2 naturally so I think I must be close to my ideal weight. Who knows?!

Squeezyweezy said:
Alot of it's psychological, so it's so deep rooted. We think we should learn, but we don't then we beat ourselves even more so turn to the choccy. It's a horroible feeling and in some cases I truly believe a form of self harm.
You can get through the other side though. There is light at the end of the tunnel. :):D:)

I think with me this is something I learnt as a child. I could only have pudding if I ate all my dinner & would get lots of praise for eating well. Maybe I've associated eating & being full with being rewarded/comforted.

Totally agree with you all. I know i emotional eat. I was ready for bed. Half asleep. Boyfriends pissed me off. So now im downstairs suddenly wide awake eating crap that im not even hungry for!

Tomorrow is a new day i know. Need to get a hold of my emotions though. Only hurting myself, noone else!!

Squeezyweezy said:
I've sent you a friend request. If you ever need to talk or cry or do a bit of both you can personal message me.
I completley agree that 90% of this weight loss journey is dealing with your emotions. Especially if you are an emotional eater, which I catagorically am!! It is bloody hard to get your head in the right place to loose weight, and I think people struggle to understand that. But, that is why I LOVE minimins, I have found some amazing people on here that I am now lucky enough to call friends, and I wouldn't have got as far as I have without them, so don't struggle on your own. We're all here for you when you need us.
((((hugs)))) xxx

Thanks my love, I am not very good at navigating around the minimins and I don't know how to accept your friendship request, I have tried all ways, and can't see how it's done. HELP!!! X

Hi there,

I relate to eating to get back at myself. Used to do a lot of self harm and self sabotage. Ever since I have been doing the Slimpods life has been treating me gently and they have given me a break in old patterns.. and I am thankful for a breather...

Lost 2.5 pounds this week which I am chuffed at. But realistically I haven't the money to spenmd on junk so that has helped to keep within limits. No booze left either. Don't like walking in the snow though.

Hugs to you all ~ hope this week is a kind week for you all...

JUdith & Pickle the wonder dog

Thanks my love, I am not very good at navigating around the minimins and I don't know how to accept your friendship request, I have tried all ways, and can't see how it's done. HELP!!! X

I'm not 100% sure but if you click on your profile it should tell you that I have sent a request and ask you if you accept. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I'm not sure myself. :)

Hi squeezy, just to let you know I'm still here, and actually in my seat on the wagon. Have managed to lose a modest 6lb in the past four weeks. it's my pmt week and choc is calling me but I'm managing to get by with a biscuit bar or similar. I took your words of wisdom on board and your supportive comments and just knowing that I'm not alone in this love/ hate relationship with food has made all the difference. In fact all the guys on the cc section are really supportive and understanding. Hope all is well with you. I haven't worked out how to accept friend request yet as i think lay out is different on iPad but will try to go on my sons laptop and do it on there as regular chats would help me no-end : ) thanks again x

6lb isn't modest, it's 1 & 3/4 of an lb a week which is just about the fastest recommended rate of loss and it's nearly half a stone! Lose 6lb every month and you'd lose over 5 stone a year! Brilliant!

Back