Luv2BSlim's JUDDD Diary ~ 45.¼ lb lost, 27 lb to go!

Day two completed. It's gone ok so far. I had a headache yesterday early evening but two paracetamol took that away and I got another one about the same time today but it went away on its own. I didn't feel that hungry yesterday, went to bed expecting my tummy to be rumbling but nothing and didn't start until mid morning today. I have felt a bit more hungry today though and it was a struggle, not that I wanted to give in, but I desperately wanted to have extra protein to take the hunger away and that's exactly what I did... rather than having just 1 can of tuna I had 2 and after the 2nd my hunger was satisfied. I worked out that if I was doing 4 packs plus 200g veg and 150 ml of skimmed milk I would have had the same calories with the extra can of tuna so should be ok. Even if it was more calories wouldn't probably do much because it has no carbs.

Doing ok with my water. Been drinking 2L on top of my shakes, so including my shakes I'm having 3L a day. I am not going to have any cups of tea or coffee or Coke/Dr Pepper Zero for the first week as since I last did S&S a little more info is out there, apparently caffeine can prevent people from getting into ketosis or something like that. I'm not a coffee or tea drinker normally, but when I go on VLCD I crave it a lot, especially coffee.

I haven't had my milk or veg allowance yet. I will get some veg in the next couple of days, no use for the milk seeing as I'm avoiding hot drinks for the first week. But in the booklet you now get with your S&S order it says if you are on the lifestyle plan you have to have it, it wasn't like that when I did it last year.

I am on a toilet too much! All I'm doing is peeing. Sometimes I get an hour or two and no need to 'go' then bam! the next hour I'm going 4+ times.

I am missing JUDDD, not going to lie. I'm just glad that in either 4 or 8 weeks I can come back to it to lose the rest.

Day two completed. It's gone ok so far.
I am missing JUDDD, not going to lie. I'm just glad that in either 4 or 8 weeks I can come back to it to lose the rest.

Glad it's going ok, I know what you mean about missing JUDD, but its only for a short blast before you go back? That's what I keep telling myself!

Glad it's going ok,

Thank you xx

but its only for a short blast before you go back? That's what I keep telling myself!

Yeah that's the plan. I currently have 4 weeks worth but I would really like to get to between 11 stone and 11 and a half stone before I start JUDDD again and that might take me longer than 4 weeks so I might do another 4 afterwards. I will have to see if I can handle it or not lol I'm already missing so many foods I cannot have and it's only day 3. Got to admit it's not as daunting looking at 4-8 weeks of a VLCD compared to when I started last year with over 5 stone to lose and about 5 months of it

I have thought about posting in my old S&S diary or even starting a new one, but I like my diary here and don't see the point making another as I'll be back on JUDDD in 3-7 ish weeks. I'm also not planning on posting daily updates either.

Anyway. Day 5 and still on plan. Decided to try swede chips tonight.... I've never eaten swede before. Followed some online cooking instructions but they just wouldn't cook right so ended up finishing them off under the grill. After all that they were actually pretty good! Tasted nice with salt and I'll definitely have them again, I just need to buy a new and very sharp knife first (had a nightmare peeling and cutting it up). I had the swede chips with oven baked turkey breast yum yum. I weighed out just over 200g raw swede but came out under 100g after cooking so now cooking 100g of cabbage then just one more shake later this evening and I'm done for today.

I bought a load of coke zero and dr pepper zero cans. I will have no more than one in a day but won't have any until I feel I'm definitely in ketosis. Also bought some decaf coffee craving coffee bad!

I think I need to stop visiting this part of the forum... all the yummy food posts make me drool and send my cravings through the roof! :D. That's the thing with a VLCD, after the first week the physical hunger does disappear when you get into ketosis but those damn mental cravings don't disappear, not for me anyway. Day 10 now over, only another 18 days to go :bolt:

Day 11 done and the cravings have been very minimal today, awesome! I hope it continues.

Must pick up some babybel light over the weekend, apparently we can have 4 of them as our protein option. Been craving some sort of cheese so will hopefully hit the spot.

So much has changed with S&S since I did it last year. They now have a meal panner on their website and if you do the lifestyle plan you have a lot more variety of veg to have, you just need to make sure you don't go over your cals/carbs. For now I'm sticking to the allowed list that's in the booklet they send you.

It's nearly 1am and I am drinking my last shake. My hunger has pretty much disappeared now, for the past few days I found myself not having any shakes/veg/protein until late evening, so I was just having some water all day but with no belly rumbling or hunger pangs. I'm finding the diet easier this time round.

I haven't been so great on my water intake the past few days. I had been drinking 2L of plain water and about another 1.2L in my shakes but only about half of that (maybe less) the past few days. I have also been having one can of Dr Pepper Zero in the evening, it feels a bit like a treat. I'll try and get my water intake up again over the weekend.

You're doing so well! Slightly jealous you've managed to get back into a vlcd again :p. Have you weighed yourself? I'm starting a new plan on Monday but I'm tempted to avoid the scales for a couple of weeks xx

Re: Luv2BSlim's JUDDD Diary ~ 45.¼ lb lost, 27 lb to go!

Your doing greattt hun

Have a good weekend xxx

4 weeks of VLCD completed

Now finished my 4 weeks on the VLCD and can report a total loss of 15 lb (5.5 lb in the 1st week, 3.75 lb in the 2nd week, 4 lb in the 3rd week and 1.75 lb in the 4th week). I'm very happy with that especialy considering I was initially hoping so much for 14 lb but totally did not expect it because I only lost 12 lb in my first month on a VLCD when I was nearly 16 stone! I started on the 30/04/13 at 13st 4.5 lb and finished at 12st 3.5 lb.
I've also lost over 3 inches around my tummy, don't know about anywhere else didn't bother to measure when I started.

So although I did lose 15 lb, only 2.5 lb of that takes me lower than my weight on my stats here on minimins because in my 5-6 weeks off plan from JUDDD I regained a whopping 12.5 lb. So at least I lost that and a little extra.
When I started S&S at the end of April I had thought about having a few days off once I had completed 4 weeks on the plan. I am going to be doing that, starting from today, eating normal food no shakes or VLCD items. I also planned to do 4-8 weeks (even with or without the inbetween break) but right now will say that won't be happening, I'm done with the VLCD... 4 weeks is my lot right now. During my 4 weeks on plan I only had the shakes (3 shakes + protein option per day) because when I did S&S last year all the meals they sell eventually grossed me out to the point I was gagging at the thought of them and then I started skipping packs, so this time round I never bothered ordering the meal packs. So anyway, the shakes were ok for the first 2 weeks but then the vanilla started making me gag because of an after taste about half way through drinking it and it got to the point where I completely dreaded having to drink that flavour. The other 3 flavours I had were also starting to get a bit yukky, they didn't have the same aftertaste as the vanilla but something started to make me think yuk when I was drinking them so I think 4 weeks of being on plan 100% is enough right now.

I will probably avoid eggs for a longggg time now, I am sick of the sight of them!

I'll be coming back to JUDDD sooner than planned :), which isn't a bad thing just means I wont be at goal by summer/end of summer. My first plan is to do a low carb plan for a week or two then I'll restart JUDDD, can't wait.

You're doing so well! Slightly jealous you've managed to get back into a vlcd again :p. Have you weighed yourself? I'm starting a new plan on Monday but I'm tempted to avoid the scales for a couple of weeks xx

Thank you. I originally didn't want to weigh until the 4 weeks were up but gave in and done it weekly instead but no sneaky mid week weigh ins.

What plan are plan are you going to be doing? xx

Your doing greattt hun

Have a good weekend xxx

Thank you xx

Back