Lydia's points diary and food log

lydia150970

Gold Member
Hi girls

I am starting core tomorrow, going to trial it for a month and compare my weightloss during July with my losses in June see which one works for me and take it from there. Only loss 7.5lbs since February on points, which is frustrating for me because I started off with all the will in the world and got nothing in return ha ha !:eek: So anyway going to give Core a try, I think that although I stick to my points I don't always spend them as wisely as I could, so knowing that I can only snack on fruit unless I want to start breaking into my 21 points, I am hoping will help. I'll give it a go and see how I get on. I have a cyst on my thyroid that haemorraged last year which was pretty painful, had it drained, that affects my weightloss but only slightly and I don't want to get to the stage where I use that as an excuse.

What I am going to do it post my daily food on here with how I am getting on/feeling etc - so hopefully girls you won't get bored!!

Any tips you have for me would be welcomed and when and where I get a chance I will post receipes on here once I have tried them and given them my seal of approval!! :D

Last edited:
The plan for food tomorrow is:

B - swiss bircher (oats, yoghurt, milk, strawberries, apple & banana all mixed together and left in fridge overnight).
L - homemade lentil & veg soup
2 brown rice cakes
Shape satisfaction yoghurt
D - homemade quorn & vegetable chilli with 60g dried weight of brown rice.
Sugar free jelly.
S - fresh fruit salad made from pears, pineapple, melon & grapes.
2 litres of water.
Exercise - 1 hour spinning class.

Will edit if things change from that. Feel excited and nervous about starting Core tomorrow, really want to find the right path for me to lose weight and be happy with my eating and not feel deprived.

Update

The swiss bircher was gorgeous and so filling, will post the receipe

Last edited:
Hi Lydia im doing core ive been on it a week im into my 2nd week, i lost 4 1/2 pounds.I tryed points but got no where fast so im hoping it works for me too.Ill be following your progress.Your menu looks good for tomorrow.good luck.

Swiss Bircher receipe

This is such a filling breakfast to have if you are following Core, will definintely be having this regularly:-

Swiss Bircher

Serves 2

75-85g porridge oats depending on your appetite
2 small bananas chopped
2 small apples peeled and grated
Berries of your choice approx 50-100g
100ml skimmed milk
100g low fat natural yoghurt

1. Mix oats with yoghurt and milk (I added 1 tablespoon of Splenda as I have a sweet tooth but this is optional)
2. Add the fruit, mix well, cover and leave in the fridge overnight.

I made it with chopped strawberries.

Lentil & Vegetable Core Soup

Just eating my lunch now, the soup is lovely and very filling, kinda made the receipe up myself. This made 4 generous servings, got two in the freezer, yum yum

Lentil & Vegetable Soup (Core)
1 butternut squash chopped
1 large onion sliced
1 large carrot chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
100g split red lentils
1 /12 pints vegetable stock
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
2 cloves of garlic crushed
Frylight
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder or flakes
2 teaspoons olive oil

1. heat olive oil and frylight - add onions and garlic and fry for 5 mins
2. Add BNS, carrots & chilli and fry for 5 mins
3. Add canned tomatoes, stock, mixed herbs and some black pepper
4. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 mins
5. Leave to go cold, blend until smooth then either freeze in batches or reheat and serve

Thank you x off to the gym in a bit for a spinning class for my sins! :)

mmm your recipes sound delicious especially the swiss bircher, definately will try that as I love sweet stodge and it sounds very filling! I am interested to know what a spinning class is like, joined a gym back in feb and have only done swimming and a couple of high impact classes (which I used to enjoy about 10 years ago!) but felt a bit "weighty" to do the jumping around at my present weight, so would be grateful if you could let me know what its like!

Yes, I must try that swiss bircher. I love porridge but I rarely have time to make it before work so this would be just the thing.

Can definintely recommend the swiss bircher and as you make it the night before its a quick breakkie in the morning ha ha!

Spinning is great, very fast and you burn loads of calories. Making the most of it at the mo as when i move to my new gym on 1 Aug there isn't any spinning classes!

Food for today is:

B - monster cookie (OMG how lovely was this)
L - chickpea tabouleh
2 Ryvita with spread (1 point)
Shape satisfaction yoghurt
Banana
D - quorn and mushroom rissotto (made with brown rice)
Broad beans and peas
Baked egg custard (Core receipe)
S - if needed some fresh fruit salad
2 litres of water
No exercise today.

Will post receipes at lunch time when I have a little more time or tonight when I get home.

2nd day of Core and so far so good, didn't eat the fresh fruit salad yesterday as I just wasn't hungary which is first for me! So its in the fridge at work ready to eat today if I need it. The Monster cookie was really filling so hopefully that will keep me going until lunch time, it has 14g of protein according to the receipe!! I'm told thats good as it makes you feel full for longer!! (I'm a sucker for believing what I read!).

Monster Cookie reciepe

Monster Cookie
Serves 1.

30 grams porridge oats
1 Tablespoon semolina
30 g instant skimmed milk powde
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 Tablespoon sweetener
1 fresh date, like Medjool, pitted & chopped
65 g applesauce

Preheat oven to 350 F/180C/Gas Mark 4
Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with Fry Light.

Stir together all dry ingredients & chopped date.

Add applesauce.

Mix & mash together all ingredients.

Spoon the large mound onto the prepared cookie sheet. Spread it out a little bit
into a big round cookie shape.

Bake for 15-20 min, until golden brown on edges.

(Very big and filling. Also contains 14 grams of protein! Nice on the go
breakfast!)

This is absolutely lovely, I ate it nearly 3 hours ago and still don't feel hungary, would normally be wanting to snack on something by now!

Highly recommended. I made mine last night and ate it cold this morning.

Quorn Chilli

Quorn Chilli
serves 4
points per serving 3.5 (or "free" on CORE)

300g Quorn mince
1 onion chopped
1 garlic clove chopped
175g carrots, grated
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 tablespoon mild chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
3 tablespoons tomato puree
300ml vegetable stock
400g can chopped tomatoes
large canned red kidney beans, drained
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Dry-fry mince in a large non-stick pan until browned.

Add the onion, garlic, carrots, peppers, chilli powder and coriander. Stir well.

Cook for 5 minutes and then add the tomato puree, stock and chopped tomatoes.

Season to taste and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 40 mins.

Remove the lid, stir in the kidney beans and cook uncovered for a further 10 mins. Serve hot.

What I actually did was put it all in the slow cooker at lunch time and it was just right by the time I got home from the gym.

You could easily use lean beef mince or turkey mince instead - don't know what points would be, but at a guess I would say the same or 4 max.

it yielded 4 extremely generous servings, so if you have a smaller appetite you could easily get 5 servings out of this and it freezes well.

Chickpea tabouleh

Chickpea tabouleh

Serves 2 - core or 2 points per serving

110g couscous
200ml vegetable stock
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon mixed herbs or chopped coriander
small tin chickpeas
2 large tomatoes, deseeded & chopped
1/3 large cucumber chopped

soak couscous in lemon juice, stock and herbs for 10 mins, leave to cool.

add chickpeas, cucumber & tomato

Serve

Could also add 25g of raisins for (1 point I think), spring onion, red onion, celery - just for ideas.

Thanks sweetie x

OMG you have to try the monster cookie, I ate it at 7 am wasn't even remote hungary until 1.30 pm! Unheard of for me!. It tastes gorgeous!

Back