Lydia's points diary and food log

keep up the brill work ur doing fab. 3lb loss here you come!!

You are doing great - dont worry one bit about the slip - just write it off. One thing I would say though - when you felt the cheese scone was a slip did you say sod it and the rest of the day followed - maybe if you allow yourself to use your points a little more you wont feel guilty having little treats - I have a new strategy - use three points every day and use my activity points for alcohol at the weekend- great motivation to get moving! you will still easily get 3 lb off by your weigh in:)

Annie - your right, I had the scone then thought "Sod it might as well be bad all day", which is why I say my danger zone is the first half the day, if I can get through to lunch I think more positively like "Well I have got through lunch sticking to plan why ruin the rest of the day". I know my danger zones and I know my failings for EG I eat for the sake of it, right now I have just asked myself "am I hungry" well no I am not hungry right now, so why eat, ok to be fair I only have fruit around me, but it runs a little deeper, if I am not hungry at the moment don't eat until you are - god I am making it sound so simple HAHA. But thats what I am trying to tell myself today, have your three main meals and eat some fruit ONLY if you are hungry!

I like your suggestion of having the 3 points a day, think I will give that a go, I have 2 1/2 points tonight for my cheese, but I could have a jumbo snackajack couldn't I? Feels like treat just thinking about it!

I am out tomorrow night for a Chinese little worried about it but was thinking if I have boiled rice could count that as Core (a lot of people still have white rice on core), and then just point the rest and earn some bonus points to pay for it, I have the other two meals planned for tomorrow. But will worry more about tomorrow when it arrives, lets get through day first ! Thanks for the advice :)

Afternoon girls

Well I have got to lunchtime without any slip ups so feeling quite positive about the rest of the day. Don't have any receipes to post today as I haven't got anything to make from scratch today or tomorrow really, but am making a quorn tikka masala Saturday night so will post the receipe over the weekend or early next week. Got lots of lovely receipes to try out next week, so will hopefully get those posted on here as well.

Lydia you are doing great, im loving your thread, i will be trying all those yummy recipes soon.Its my 2nd weigh in tonight ill post how i did later.

Sounds like youre really enjoying Core Lydia, hope you have a great wi result

Food for today will be:

B - core crumble with stewed apples and strawberries
L - 3 ryvita, extra light philly, Shape Satisfaction yoghurt
D - out for a chinese
S - satsuma
2 litres water
Exercise - none - damn those inspectors! Will go swimming tomorrow though

Core Crumble receipe

Core Crumble

Serves 2

1. crush 3 weetabix (to breadcrumb consistency).
2. Add 3 tablespoons of oats and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg & 1 tablespoon Splenda.
3. Mix well.
4. Add 2 tablespoons Extra Light Philly and rub in.
5. Serve on its own or lovely over fruit.

Maybe an option for your chinese would be vegetarian singapore noodles - the noodles and veg would be core - you would only need to add a point or two maybe for the way they are cooked??

I love chinese food enjoy!!

Food for today:

1 Ryvita muesli crunch slice before swim (1pt)

B/L - 2 weetabix
2 slices wholemeal toast
Floral
Marmite
D - Homemade quorn tikka curry, 60g dried weight brown rice, 1 Tescos Light naan bread (2 points)
Nutrigrain bar (2 points)
2 litres of water
Exercise - 45 min swimming (38 lengths)

Quorn Tikka Curry

Quorn Tikka curry

150g very low fat plain yoghurt
Grated rind of one lemon
1 teaspoon coriander leaves
1 teaspoon curry powder (i use Korma)
1 teaspoon Tandoori spice mix
1 pack of Quorn pieces
Frylight
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 onion chopped
Large tin chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoon tomato puree
300mls stock (I used vegetable)
Salt and pepper

1. In a bowl mix together yoghurt, lemon, coriander and tandoori mix, add quorn and marinade for 30mins-1hour.

2. Spray a large pan with Frylight add onion and garlic and sautee until softened almost carmalised, add quorn and all the marinade and cook stirring for a few mins.

3. Add tomatoes and tomato puree and stock, bring to the boil then reduce and simmer for 30 mins. Season to taste.

4. Serve - good with rice or homedone baked "chips".

You could used chicken for this receipe or lamb or pork.

Hi Lydia

You're doing really well on Core, it obviously suits you. Lovin the recipes as well - gonna try the crumble!

I always have mushroom chow mein for a chinese - negligible points on core (only four points on full choice IIRC).

Hi Marie

My weigh in days are Thursdays at the moment, (then saturday mornings once I stop going to classes), weighed in at home Thursday and hadn't lost anything at all, so will see what this week brings. But I haven't been able to do any exercise cos of the inspectors being in at work, working silly hours. They are in again this week so won't be able to get to the gym until Saturday. But the shinning light is that because I am off work next week I from this Saturday I can exercise for 10 straight days, so even if I don't lose anything this week I know that will change next week with all the exercise.

Food for yesterday:

B - 1 weeabix
L - Jacket potato with cheese and beans
Fruit Scone & teaspoon of Flora & Jam (3.5 points)
D - Multigrain bagel (3 points)
Spread (1 point)
Marmite
Mullerice (4 points)
2 litres of water
Exercise - 1 hour 20 mins gym work (cardio and resistence work).

Food for today:

B - swiss bircher
L - Lentil & vegetable soup
Brown rice cakes
Yoghurt
Satsuma
D - Core Quorn Lasagne
Salad
Sugar free jelly
S - Milk
Carton of pears in cranberry juice
2 litres of water
Exercise - none

Core Quorn Lasagne

CORE LASAGNE

(serves 4)

1 pack of Quorn mince (350g).
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 onion chopped
100g mushrooms finely chopped
1 pepper chopped small
1 large carrot, grated
1 can chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 Italian Oxo stock cube in dissolved 5 fl oz boiling water (or any stock cube)
freshly chopped basil
teasp mixed herbs
salt & pepper
8 sheets of no cook lasagne sheets
295g Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
150ml (1/4pt) milk
100g ELF (philly)

1. Pre-heat oven to 200ºC (400ºF, gas 6).

2. Stir-fry mince for 2-3 mins.

3. Add onion, garlic and vegs, cook for a further 3 mins - stirring regularly.

4. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, herbs and season to taste.

5. Mix together mushroom soup, cheese and milk; set aside.

6. Spray lasagne dish with Frylight, lay 4 sheets of pasta on the bottom.

7. Spoon half of the mince mixture on top of the pasta, then pour half of the mushroom/cheese sauce.

8. Put 4 sheets of pasta onto of this, then the remaining halves of the mince and sauce.

9. Bake for 30 mins or until nicely browned

You can use extra lean mince beef or turkey mince for this receipe. Next time I am going to try and make it with just veggies (mushrooms, onion, peppers, carrots, babycorn, peas, maybe BNS or sweet potato grated) and see what it tastes like.

Just to let you know that the Quorn Tikka was amazing, really glad I made the full amount and have 2 lots in the freezer, can definintely recommend it.

Food for today is:

B - porridge with strawberries and 1 tablespoon low fat yoghurt.
L - Bombay Salad (from the Spicy cookbook)
2 ryvitas
spread (1 point)
Shape Satisfaction yoghurt
Banana
D - Quorn & Broccoli rice bake
Baked egg custard (Core receipe)
S - satsuma
2 litres of water
Exercise - having my induction at new gym tonight, if I have time afterwards will do half an hour of something.

Back