ProPoints LynnD's Pro-Point Adventure

LynnD

Hello everybody!

I started WW on Monday as I desperately need to regain some structure and control into what I shovel into my mouth on a daily basis. I am a grazer with a big appetite and also prone to stress-eating - not a good combo when I am custodian of work's chocolate biscuit stash (M&S extra-chocolately - yum) ... I also have sloth-like tendencies when it comes to exercise plus a liking for a glass or three of wine regularly ... so, it was no surprise but still a bit of a sting when I stepped on the scales on Monday and 202lbs stared back at me ... I had to swallow the bitter pill of reality.

So ... since Monday I have been doing the PP WW programme and quite liking it so far; it is definitely making me think before I eat - eg "is this food really worth the points" and makes me think twice. I signed up with the monthly pass and I keep track of my food on e-source which I find useful.

Last night I went out and used most of my weekly extra points for a lovely Indian meal and wine, the entire day's food came in at 61 points!! So easy how they add up! My PP allowance is 30 per day - stats are female, 39, 5'6" and 202lbs.

I went shopping on Tuesday and bought in supplies - also made a vat of Thai turkey chilli which comes in at 8 points per serving (this is a rough calculation and I have ordered a pair of electronic food scales via ebay so I can be more accurate going forward) and should see me through the weekend. But i do need to think more carefully about planning meals in advance etc.

I do want to start exercising more and am a member of a gym so no excuse ... I normally use the gym purely for the steam room and the occasional wallow in the spa pool; tomorrow I have promised myself to do something - no excuses - just to get myself into some sort of routine and find an exercise I like ... was thinking about doing a zumba class, will report back tomorrow! :)

Tuesday food diary:

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Breakfast
1 medium Granny Smith Apples 0
1 pot(s) Alpro Soya Yogurt Strawberry & Forest Fruits 3
1/4 turkey thai chilli 2
Subtotal 5

Lunch
1 individual Thin Slice Rice Cakes No Added Salt 1
2 serving(s) Cheese, Soft, Low Fat (less than 5% fat) 3
2 portion(s) Cucumber 0
1 teaspoons Chilli Flakes 0
Subtotal 7

Dinner
1 portion(s) Salad Vegetables with a ProPoints value of Zero 0
1 serving(s) Cheese, Soft, Low Fat (less than 5% fat) 1
1 turkey thai chilli 8
Subtotal 9

Any Time
1/3 serving(s) Taste the Difference Dark Chocolate Bar with Almonds & Cranberries 2
1/2 pint(s) Milk, Semi Skimmed 4
3 glass(es) Wine, Red 9
Subtotal 15

Food ProPoints values total used 36

Wednesday food diary

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Breakfast1 serving(s) Milk, Semi Skimmed 2
1 medium Orange 0
Bran Flakes and Raisins 7
Subtotal 9

Lunch
1 individual Thin Slice Rice Cakes No Added Salt 1
1 serving(s) Oriental Style Hot and Sour Cup Soup 1
1 bar(s) Rice Krispies Squares Chewy Marshmallow 3
Subtotal 8

Dinner
4 individual Wild Alaskan Salmon Tikka Kebabs 9
3 portion(s) Mushrooms 0
Subtotal 10

Any Time
3 biscuit(s) Luxury Chocolate Biscuit Selection 6
4 glass(es) Champagne 14
1/4 pack(s) Raw Mixed Almonds 9
1 Lychee Martini 5
Subtotal 34

Food ProPoints values total used 61

Thursday's food diary:

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Breakfast
Bran Flakes and Raisins 8
Subtotal 11

Lunch
2 individual Thin Slice Rice Cakes No Added Salt 2
1 serving(s) Mediterranean Style Tomato Cup Soup 2
Subtotal 7

Dinner
1 portion(s) Salads Mixed Leaves 0
1 turkey thai chilli 8
Subtotal 8

Any Time
2 serving(s) Milk, Semi Skimmed 4
Subtotal 4

Food ProPoints values total used 30
Food ProPoints values remaining 0

God, looking at the above it is a bit weird seeing how many points I have used on alcohol; it is so easy to share a bottle of wine when you catch up with friends or over a meal .. I must really think about that. I have a quiet weekend coming up so I can take it easy and stay off the booze.

It is so tempting to fudge the numbers as it is quite embarrassing to see it, but what is the point of that?!

But it also makes me dread my first weigh-in on Monday - I hope I lose some weight!

I have also put down my my first goal weight as 192lbs which is the 5% off my current weight, was set by my WW counsellor.

Have brought my gym kit into work and planning to do my first ever Zumba class tonight at 6.30pm ... am looking forward to it although a bit nervous too!

Have a low-key weekend planned so can stay off the booze and be a bit more healthy!! I also need to plan my meals for next week carefully and go food shopping.

Friday, March 04, 2011

Breakfast
Bran Flakes and Raisins 8
Subtotal 8

Lunch
1 serving(s) Mediterranean Style Tomato Cup Soup 2
2 individual Thin Slice Rice Cakes No Added Salt 2
Subtotal 7

Dinner 1/2 bag(s) Mixed Salad 0
1 individual Wholemeal Pitta Bread 4
2 medium Spring Onions 0
1 turkey thai chilli 8
Subtotal 15

Any Time
1 medium Banana 0
1 biscuit(s) Organic Chocolate Ginger Biscuits 2
Subtotal 2

Food ProPoints values total used 32

Went slightly over my points today - I will have to re-think my meals and how I distribute my points although I am full now and nicely satisfied ... I am even resisting the lure of the white wine in the fridge!!

Went to my first zumba class today and it was good fun; I was quite nervous, I hate standing the middle of a crowded room - especially surrounded by mirrors although I soon forgot about it and got stuck into some serious boogie'ing. Would recommend it and will be interesting to see how stiff I am in the morning!!

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Brunch
2 portion(s) Fish, Salmon, Smoked 4
1 individual Wholemeal Pitta Bread 4
2 medium Spring Onions 0
Subtotal 11

Dinner
1/2 serving(s) Cheese, Soft, Low Fat (less than 5% fat) 1
1 turkey thai chilli 8
4 medium Spring Onions 0
Subtotal 9

Any Time
1 glass(es) Smoothie, Blackberry & Blueberry 3
2 standard Milky Way Milky Way 5
1 serving(s) Milk, Semi Skimmed 2
Subtotal 10

ProPoints values total used 30

Wasnt as bad stiffness-wise this morning following zumba last night, will definitely go again. I did have some twinges in my knees - the instructor was doing these killer moves where you shimmy down into a squat then do dance moves from that position .. was painful but in a good way, could feel it today.

Had a quiet day, went swimming in the afternoon and need to finish tidying up ... also did a bit of shopping and bought lots of daffodils, will cheer the place up once they have bloomed.

Have posted my food for today, got up a bit late - another good thing of my Zumba class was that I crashed out and had a fab night's sleep - so just had a big brunch and also a nice dinner. Am so dying to open the bottle of white which is in my fridge and doing a Siren's song at me ... I have used all of my points today but still have some weeklys which I can dip into. Want to remain strong though, it is my first weigh-on on Monday night so don't want to do anything stupid ... I know myself too well and will probably inhale the whole bottle and go over all allocation of points!! I suppose this is the stage where I am educating myself with new habits and also weaning myself off my old behaviours ... doesn't make it easier though. Will have tea instead!!

*roll eyes* .. I did cave and open the bottle, had a large glass and chucked the rest down the sink .. did enjoy it and did a bit of housework whilst listening to Lady Gaga!

Today I am meeting my friend for a late lunch at Nando's ... this was arranged last night so am hoping I do not go over my dailys plus weeklys!!

Am getting more into the groove with this and will know what to expect more next week.

First WI tomorrow .. wonder how I'll do? Feel a bit more energetic and hope to have lost a pound or two!! We shall see ...

good luck for your wi tomorrow, your diary looks good hun xxx

Hi Lou!! Thanks for dropping by ... how are you doing on the WW PP plan? I am slowly getting my head around it and will try and introduce more variety next week ... must go food shopping!!

This is my food diary for today and which makes my first week ... during which I have used up everything: daily food points (30 a day), weekly points (49 - most of them used on Wednesday night with booze!) and activity points (6) .. I feel a bit of a bloater at the moment but am hoping it will fade overnight. Will be interesting how I do on the scales tomorrow!! Will keep you posted!!

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Breakfast
1 bowl(s) Shreddies 4
1 serving(s) Milk, Skimmed 1
Subtotal 5

Lunch (Nando's)
1 portion(s) Chickens Chicken Breast, quarter 11
1 portion(s) Sides & Extras Mushroom Portobello 0
2 portion(s) Sides & Extras Grilled Halloumi Cheese 3
3 glasses(s) Diet Coke 0
Subtotal 14

Dinner
2 glass(es) Wine, Red 6
2 pub measure Vodka 4
2 finger Twix Fino 5
turkey chilli snack (half a toasted pitta filled with turkey chilli and tiny bit of cream cheese, plus red onion) 4
Subtotal 19

Any Time
turkey chilli snack 4
Subtotal 4

Food ProPoints values total used 42

Last edited:
hiya, i'm doing ok, getting into it and liking the control which i never felt i had with sw.. good luck for your weigh in i'm sure you'll do fine .. keep tracking hun your diary's look good.xx

Thanks so much Lou!! And that pound of fat pic in your signature looks gross, a good image to keep in mind when you are tempted to stray from the WW path - it is so amazing how the pounds are easily put on!

I am well chuffed, had my first WI tonight and have ditched 6lbs which is cool. I think I was very bloated last Monday from a weekend's misery binge and I know I have jettisoned a lot of the water bloat and it will be much more smaller going forward, but still a much needed boost and nice to know the programme is working!!

I think tracking has been key, also I have really liked having e-source and the online tracker which is easy to refer to and I can easily update as I go about my day.

Food today:

Monday, March 07, 2011

Breakfast
1 bowl(s) Wholegrain Sultana Bran 4
1 medium Pear 0
Subtotal 6

Lunch
3 individual Thin Slice Rice Cakes No Added Salt 3
1 portion(s) Cucumber 0
1 1/2 serving(s) Cheese, Soft, Low Fat (less than 5% fat) 2
1 serving(s) Carrot & Coriander Cup Soup 2
1 medium Apple 0
Subtotal 7

Dinner
1 Wholemeal pitta 4
1 turkey thai chilli 8
Subtotal 13

Any Time
1 bar(s) Special K Chocolate Chip Bar 2
2 biscuit(s) Luxury Chocolate Biscuits 5
Subtotal 9

Food ProPoints values total used 35

wow well done., thats fab.. xxxxx keep it up mate

Just a quick dump of stuff ...

... am now 196lbs and my daily allowance of PP's has gone down to 29.
... just been out shopping and have got a few different things to eat this week - couldnt resist some lovely lamb chops which were on special so will be eating those for the next couple of nights - will have to keep a careful eye on the points, not sure if they are high, I presume they will be!
... also bought in some chocolate chip Special K bars which are only 2PP's and I think you get a lot of 'bang for your buck' ... find them quite satisfying although I know have 10 of them in the house so will have to exert (or create!) some willpower so I dont inhale the entire lot in one binge'arama ... I plan to take one to work with me daily for my lunch.
... also bought in a jar of Options hot chocolate so I can have a cup before hitting the sack on a night-time ... only 1PP per cup.
... really enjoyed the meeting tonight, it was my second week and I found the topic (snacking) interesting and nice to meet new people.
... I havent told anyone I am doing WW; I find it quite embarrassing to admit - probably because (hello paranoia) I would feel like they were judging me on some level, also it would draw their attention to my size/shape and I can't deal with that at the moment.
... definitely want to go to a few more exercise classes ... going to go back to zumba on Friday and might try a pilates class and also a spin class. Will report back!!

PS - thanks Lou, you posted while I was writing!! xx

Was good today until about 3pm, a Crunchie bar landed on my desk - pone of my colleagues bought it (unprompted!) for me and it was inhaled within seconds ... then after work I caught up with a close friend and we had a bit of a heart-to-heart over 2 glasses of red, now at home having a hot chocolate and another Special K bar! Have had to borrow heavily from my weekly's today to pull me through ... going to go to bed soon before I plough my way through a box of the SK bars ...

Food today:

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Breakfast
1 serving(s) Milk, Skimmed 1
1 medium Apple 0
Subtotal 5

Lunch
3 individual Multi-Grain Crispbread 3
1 large Tomato 0
1 1/2 serving(s) Cheese, Soft, Low Fat (less than 5% fat) 2
1 portion(s) Cucumber 0
1 medium Pear 0
1 serving(s) Moroccan Fusion with Cous Cous Cup Soup 2
Subtotal 7

Dinner
2 serving(s) Lamb Chops 13
1 tablespoons Classic Mint Sauce 0
2 portion(s) Pak Choi 0
1/8 medium Red Onions 0
1 medium Kiwi Fruit 0
1 large Tomato 0
1 medium Peach 0
Subtotal 13

Any Time
2 bar(s) Special K Chocolate Chip Bar 5
1 bar(s) Crunchie 5
2 glass(es) Wine, Red 9
1 sachet(s) Options Hot Chocolate Outrageous Orange 1
1/2 serving(s) Cheese, Soft, Low Fat (less than 5% fat) 1
1 individual Multi-Grain Crispbread 1
1 box(es) Fruities Duo Pack, Strawberry Hearts 1
Subtotal 23

Food
ProPoints values total used 48

Crazy day, work was good and enjoyed myself ... after work I went to the gym and did 3 classes back to back ... I think I am going to be sore tomorrow!! They were 'conditioning classes' though so quite easy to get into and you can go at your own pace: pilates, stretch and yoga ...they were great!!

After I met a friend quite late for a catch up and I was so hungry that I wolfed down a load of crap: red wine, shortbread biscuits and a chip butty ... with tomato ketchup .. yum!! I have used up most of my weekly points, this is crazy but I only have myself to blame! Earned a few more with activity points today. Food diary is:

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Breakfast
1 medium Banana 0
Subtotal 6

Lunch work lunch 7 (what I had yesterday)
Subtotal 7

Dinner
1 portion(s) Chips, Home Made, Thick Cut, Fried 5
1 roll(s) Bread Roll, Wholemeal 3
3 biscuit(s) Shortbread, All Butter 9
3 glass(es) Wine, Red 9
Subtotal 26

Any Time
1 bar(s) Special K Chocolate Chip Bar 2
1 medium Banana 0
2 individual Multi-Grain Crispbread 2
1 serving(s) Moroccan Fusion with Cous Cous Cup Soup 2