Lynne: Low Carb Fan

Thanks, might download it. I know I need to be strong, I empathise too much, get sucked in and in the end, lost myself. Maybe this would help. Something has to.

I hope it helps, I am always reading these type of books.... the secret etc, but this is my favourite.

Hi lynne x,

Thanks for sharing sammy, I've downloaded the sample.

I have downloaded the book and will begin reading it later. I hope it helps. I read the Celestine Project a couple of years ago, it was very relevant to me and though I understood the message, some things are just too big for me to keep me as me and be in control. Probably not making sense here... :wave_cry:

I understood the message, some things are just too big for me to keep me as me and be in control. Probably not making sense here... :wave_cry:

Makes perfect sense, hun, I think we all want to be in control, particularly in really difficult and challenging circumstances. I know I was determined to stay strong when my mum fell ill, and it was only after she died that I fell apart for a bit, having "stayed strong" for my entire extended family, who all leaned really heavily on me emotionally, while I also found myself running the household (ie doing all the housework because no one else lifted a finger), managing the doctors/hospitals and providing all the money (which I didn't have much of, tbh, and nearly lost my flat).

But I know that I'll never be that low again. I also know that when I'm downcast about something now, I remember those dark times and instantly feel better - I survived it, hopefully have become a better person since then, and what I'm experiencing now can be got through without too much problem.

Hope this isn't tmi xx

No, not tmi at all. I understand completely and I have been there in the past. We had my Dad living with us for 10 years and my sister was no help. But we just got on with it. He needed somewhere to live and was very ill. It wasnt easy sometimes, but I dont regret that time and he loved living with us and all the coming and going company. Since he's died, I have hardly had contact with my sister because I resent the freedom she gave herself while we got on with it.

But years ago I had such a cruel shock, I lost my head for two years. What it taught me is that I survived, I am stronger for it. I dont appreciate being put through what I was put through 20 years ago, but I am still here and learned something about myself. I know what you mean about never being THAT low again. Frankly I dont think I could survive that sort of suffering again.

The situation I am now in is nothing like that at all, it's about other people and my worry for them because I am being drawn in and am worried about the consequences to them if I leave them to it. It is a worry, but not all-consuming like what happened 20 years ago. I just need to learn how to deal with it.

I can understand completely. I'm the eldest sibling and was always the one everyone relied on.

I've taken a back dear from family issues since having the boys as I felt I needed to focus on them. There was always something going on.

I'm in a similar situation with my bros wed in August - there's lots going on, lots of fall outs and stuff. I've just kept compleeeetley out of it. My only involvement is gonna be me turning up on the day. In some ways I feel bad but I just don't need the stress. I don't know if your able to detach yourself in the same way? It's hard, but sometimes you have to let them just sort it out for themselves.

I am trying to work out how to deal with it. Points for and against wading in. And seeing as its my son who is piggy in the middle, I feel bad for him (so, say Hi to the evil Mother-in-Law)..... LOL!

I am trying to work out how to deal with it. Points for and against wading in. And seeing as its my son who is piggy in the middle, I feel bad for him (so, say Hi to the evil Mother-in-Law)..... LOL!

Ha ha to evil mother in law. If its affecting you then leave well alone.....perhaps you could guide him indirectly but ultimately let them sort it out. In my experience eventually everything's forgotten except he who waded in !

Morning Lynne,

sorry to hear you are having a stressful time lately, yes it's best to do what the girls have said and detach yourself a bit, it will all come out in the wash and you'll be healthier for it in the long run. I'm having a major crisis at the moment in my life and its weighing me down I swear I an feel it all on my shoulders but....it's better to be slimmer and healthy ready to deal with what ever life throws at us, at least the diet is the one thing you can control. That's how I feel anyway so it helps. Hope your day goes well :)

This has made me aware that it isnt just me that has problems to deal with. No calls for over a week. So the gnawing feeling is diminishing. Going out to meet friends now and later a birthday meal. Had better rush off now (sorry) we are running late. x

Morning! :D

Re the gnawing feeling, I really do swear by St Johns Wort - it's natural, non addictive or habit forming - and it really works.

Have a lovely meet up and meal x

I have used that when I was in UK. Will see if I can get it here. May have to snort it during calls :)

If you have trouble getting it, let me know and I'll send you some over. Ditto Rescue Remedy (which I mainlined when Mum was ill :)).

Susie! -You are so kind!!! Actually you have made me think: a friend is coming over in about 3 weeks. I will ask him to bring me of-ver some. And I have rescue remedy here, which I always forget to take e=when I am in a mess! I did use it before heading to the airport and it really did seem to work. Will try to remember to get it out when I next get a call.....

I really do appreciate your offer :bighug:

Ooh, thanks for that info. I will let him know :) I am feeling pretty OK at the mo, but I know things will cramp up again once i get another call.

Just be strong Hun. X, I can't take them as I have a contraceptive implant.

I hope you have found something else that is a help to you. A friend will be bring me some SJW on about 3 weeks. -Smashing.

Back