Lynne: Low Carb Fan

Wish I'd stuck to it before susie......imagine I'd be 8 stone already heehee :)

I think its the caffeine? LOL! I knew someone who would smoke a ciggy and almost immediately need to go park. But I dont smoke, so the coffee might be my answer. Thing is, I havent got any unsalted butter. Yes I need to buy some but we are in a village and at the mo, our car is sitting in a repairers awating a new front due to a crash (no one injured), so we cant get to the supermarket. Would cream and coconut oil be as good? If so, what quantities???

Oh dear me, what a great time I had last night, but it was NOT an auspicious night for will power nor low carbing. I went to a cocktail party and because it was a short walk from home, I didnt have to worry about driving, and the temptation was huge because Pina Coladas featured large on the menu. So I dived in. I drank a few..... I also ate curry and a little rice and a small naan and two, yes TWO desserts. Today I weigh more and am being good again. Its not the way, I know but I can live with it, if I continue to lose when I am being good. I am just slowing things down, I know.

Just had a bulletproof coffee, made with my coconut oil and unsalted butter and i thought it was horrible. Makes me wonder in my coconut oil is too strongly flavoured.

Sounds like a fab night! And don't worry, I think it's good to go off plan every now and again.

Have to agree with you the coffee, I couldn't cope with the oiliness. Love cooking with coconut oil though.

Hmm, not even sure I like cooking with it either. Thought I was OK with it, but unfortunately once I go off something, its doomed.

Morning Lynne, did you whisk the coffee together with the co and butter? It can be really oily but when I whisk it the oil tends to spread out instead of sitting on the top. I use tiana coconut oil which I like but have tried others and they have made me hurl. you could try mct oil which is medium chain triglycerides it's meant to be tons more potent than coconut oil but without the taste. You can buy it on amazon and I know a few people here take that instead.

Morning, don't worry about going off track for a night, we all do it, I have been doing it for a while now! Sorry you didn't like the bp coffee, I like them, they feel like a treat.

Hi Lauren! Yes I used the hand blender, it looked good but that overwhelming coconutty tate made me feel queasy, and it was far too oily. I like cream coffee, so I am used to a coffee being rich (not that I have had a cream coffee in a while). I just think the coconut oil is too strongly flavoured, so I need to find out what brands people like in UK, so I can buy when I am there in October for a visit. Tiana coconut oil, where would I get that?

Thanks Sammy1, I wasn't worried, but I AM having too many times when I am eating the wrong thing lately. so I am seeing the same 2 or 3 pounds coming and going, which IS a bit daft, eh! Especially as I habe so many more pounds to lose. I dont mind losing slowly, but I dont want to turn it into a never ending hobby, LOL!

Tomorrow night we have been invited to a party with a Cajun food theme. I can do without two parties so close together. I am hoping the food isnt too bad for me, and there will be no cocktails, so I will be on the fizzy water (my usual 'tipple'). Please dont think we are partying on a regular basis, this is like buses, you wait for hours for a bus and then 3 come along at once, LOL! Also,because I am a bit strange, I actually get stressed by it and end up with terrible wind, which makes the leaving and walking home rather noisy.....:rolleyes:

Well, hopefully not the leaving. But I confess that TWICE, I had to hope people blamed my DH for the sound effects as we left the party on Friday :8855:

OK, virgin or extra virgin, bearing in mind I dont necessarily like the strong coconutty flavour....

Hi Lynne,

Hope Lynne - just checking up on you, hope your doing well Hun x.

Hiya, doing OK, I guess, though the weight is yo-yoing 2lbs. 2 parties over a long weekend didn't help. That and the fact I wasn't good really. 1st party I ate everything, 2nd one I avoided the bread & rice, but not much else missed my attentions. Took lemon fizzy water, spilt some and realised it was sticky. This means sugar to me and I wont be buying that again (actually DH bought it). Been good since, but next week we have visitors, so that might be a bit tricky. Irritated with self, but still feeling hopeful. Certainly no plans to give up, NOOOOO.

Hiya, doing OK, I guess, though the weight is yo-yoing 2lbs. 2 parties over a long weekend didn't help. That and the fact I wasn't good really. 1st party I ate everything, 2nd one I avoided the bread & rice, but not much else missed my attentions. Took lemon fizzy water, spilt some and realised it was sticky. This means sugar to me and I wont be buying that again (actually DH bought it). Been good since, but next week we have visitors, so that might be a bit tricky. Irritated with self, but still feeling hopeful. Certainly no plans to give up, NOOOOO.

Awe Lynne - life does get in the way sometimes, I'm taking it one day at a time atm and its working x. And well done for being good on the 2nd party.

All I can suggest for next week is be prepared with lots of lc options in the house, all you can do is but try to be as good as possible xx.

I cant say I was good, but I was better than the first time. It really went wrong when someone left some tortilla chips by me and I began munching at them because I was getting stressed, plus I was trapped in a'corner' with them and surrounded by people. I am not a drinker and dont like being around people who are drunk and shouting. This was happening, and the music had been turned up. I was beginning to feel distinctly tired out, and anxious. Was SO glad to be home.

Yes, life gets in the way, and I think its important to not lose sight of the goal, even if I take a detour. I always know when I have done bad, I have to chomp Bisodols...

Last edited:
Afternoon hun

You're doing great! It's really hard to avoid temptation at parties (crisps omg don't bring them anywhere near me) - so as Busy says, take it one day at a time, and maybe introduce your friends to the joys of low carb? :D

Aww, thanks Susie. I hope I am doing great. At least the weight is heading down (albeit slowly). As for introducing friends to low carb, -no way!!!! I first tried Atkins in 2003. Over the years I have enthused to many people about the WOE and after so much effort I realised that only ONE person tried low carbing, that person loves it. My conclusion is, theres none so blind as those who will not see and life's too short.

Back