Lynne: Low Carb Fan

Hi Lynne, Just checking in - fab photo & fun sounds good :) xxxxxx

OK, I got back late last night and weighed this morning, damage is about 6lbs. I am certain I will soon shift that, but I was very naughty.... LOL! Glad to be home and had a lovely time in UK, apart from one thing and I suppose even that went fairly well under the circumstances. Roberts graduation was magical and we are so proud. I swear he looked 7 ft tall, LOL!!! Am just catching up with emails and things. Will get back to y'all later on and catch up with your news.

Hi Lynne, welcome home & back to clean & green! Glad uk went well mostly and graduation sounds fabulous:) xx

Well the weight it sliding away again. I am not being an angel but glad things are heading in the right direction. I have been catching up on the blogs and enjoying them. I am currently on 8 pills a day due to a bladder infection which appeared sometime before I went to UK and was painless but causing intermittent blood in my urine. Went to hospital this week and was scanned, -no stones *phew*. So, I am hoping the pills sort it out. Been feeling tired and it could be the illness, the pills, and/or the trip. DH is painting our bedroom, and I treated us to a new SUPER KING SIZE quilt, from Lewis's, with 2 SO pretty covers. I am champing at the bit to see how it all looks. Our net curtains are over 6 years old now and upstairs in 2 bedrooms, they have begun to shred (like the sun has rotted them). So, I am thinking of not replacing them. Its nice to have a change and the views are so lovely, -why not!

Havent weighed for a week or more. Keep forgetting. I think I am fighting a virus. Up to now has affected glands (up), eyes (gooey), ears (ache) and balance (that's OK now). Now the chest has joined in. Generally feeling lacklustre. I know a lot of people are suffering. Its December, the month of lurgeys. I am happy to say I am not hugely ill with this, but its been lingering for weeks now.

Its not gone yet. Not sure if its a series of viruses. I had it since September. Causing odd sinus pain, earache, balance problems, headaches, feeling very tired out and now a bit of a cough. Now my husband seems to have it too. Its not like we are laid out ill, its very odd. I know that if I go to the doc, he will give me huge antibiotics, because that's what they are like here and I would rather not having just had 8 antibiotics a day to take for a bladder infection. Yes, I have been in the wars, LOL!!!! But thanks for your message Susie. i am still around and peek at peoples blog posts.

UPDATE:After the mayhem of all the delish foods over the christmas period, I knew I had put on weight. But I was also suffering with my eyes, throat glands, earache, cough and bad head. I ended up having a CT scan which showed nothing wrong. My eyes were very swollen and felt stiff in the sockets, I had a bad headache but by then, thankfully, my earache had gone. The scan showed nothing and the ENT Doc concluded it was an allergy and suggested I get shot of the dogs. NO WAY. So I have anti allergy meds to see if it cures the eye problem. They are better but not good. Maybe a few more days of the meds..... Failing that, I have an appointment with the Eye Surgeon on 10th.

Restarted Atkins on 2nd but stalled mid afternoon owing to the fact that the party we went to on 1st had a lot of food left over and the hostess sent us away with some glorious goodies and I fell fact first into them the next afternoon. So yesterday (for whatever reason) I woke with the most awful headache and really feeling sick from it. I took painkillers, laid quietly and eventually it eased off and the sickness went. I am OK today and have lost some weight (YAY), AND I stuck to the diet yesterday too. Yesterday I weighed 214.8lbs, so I had water retention.

Today is sunny and still. I weigh 211.8lbs (WOOOO). I am hoping to take the dogs out for a walk, but husband has hurt his back (he doesn't know how), and I will not be attempting to take out 5 in one go, their initial exuberance would make it impossible for me to control. So, if he doesn't feel up to it. I will walk one or two.

Ah, husband is now up and totally unable to do anything. He had to dress flat on his back. And is walking very slowly. Looks like I will walk alone.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot, I took another photo. Its disappointingly not much different to a photo taken 2 years ago when I weighed 226lbs. Hopefully the next pic of this type will show some difference, because I will have lost enough weight..
Me - 01.01.2014.jpg

Oh NO, not looking good at ALL. Not proud of that photo. Just pinning it up to show what I am trying to change :)

But thanks for being so kind. Just hold that celebration till I look less lumpy and pendulous.

Hey Lynne, happy new year!
Sorry to hear youre not feeling so good - hope that all gets sorted soon. And good luck on making progress:)
Xx

Hi Kat1e!! Thanks, but I havent felt right for weeks now. Its been a weird thing, like half having a cold. Something that was mildly affecting my sinuses, ears, throat mainly. The problem with my eyes started when we found a pup by the roadside over 18 months ago and maybe I am allergic to her. But dont worry, I will not be getting rid of her. She is like my baby, and so its not going to happen. Actually since taking the anti-allergy meds, I feel a lot better. I am hoping my eyes improve more, otherwise I will be going to see the Eye chap at the hospital about it. Fingers crossed, but they are quite a bit better already :) I am back on the WOE now and tonight had avocado with chopped green and red peppers plus chopped onion, mixed in mayo. And in a bowl next to the avocado, I put garlic prawns which had been fried in chilli butter. It was very good :)

How's things with you? Did you have a good Christmas/New Year celebration??

Happy New Year Lynne - and happy birthday for last week! Sorry I missed it but hope you had a fab time.

Hope you get the allergy thing sorted, I have allergic rhinitis and take a tablet every day, otherwise the London dust and pollution will have me crawling back to bed!

Thanks Susie. I had the BEST birthday. I really didnt want a fuss, I hate the limelight on me. So we took two of our friends out for a meal. It was somewhere we had never been before, it was good, we all enjoyed it. and when the cake was brought out 'qu'elle horreur' the whole restaurant sang Happy Birthday to you and For Sye's A Jolly Good Fellow. It was great and I actually enjoyed it. The people in the restaurant were in a sining mood and kept erupting into carols, so it was surreal, magical.

As for the allergy thing. I AM an allergy person and MAYBE having 5 dogs is pushing it a bit. LOL. But I said to the doctor that if I have to take daily pills, then I will because I am not getting rid of the dogs. I would swear I am getting worse as I am getting older though. Not good, eh!

Oh your birthday sounds brilliant fun, especially the carol singing! :)

Know what you mean, I'd much rather take a pill and keep Orbit, she's my baby :) But she's also not the cause of my allergy, luckily. I take cetirizine, which does the trick, and just buy the supermarket version, much cheaper. I now also avoid the nasal sprays completely, after overdoing it with Ovitrine and making my sinuses a million times worse. Had to go cold turkey and cross fingers I'm now free of sinus problems!

I have Turkish meds, so would have to compare the drugs you mentioned. He gave me a nasal spray which he said to use just once a day at bedtime. I do worry about using a nasal spray because, like you, I overdid it once and its not good, eh. But I hope that once a day is OK and its amazing the effect it has, I am not sure if its a mx of decongestant and anti allergy.

BTW, I like your Ticker!!!

Happy New year, ihopeyou are feeling better soon.

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back