Lynne: Low Carb Fan

Ooooh yum!!!!! That sounds lush, I love fresh peaches - and v jealous of the ice cream, but you deserve it, it's so hot! :D

Wow Lynne, you've been through it lately. Hope your feeling better. Maybe low blood sugar but dehydration is scary and can happen so quickly. x

Thanks CL, overall feeling good. But the near-fainting has now happened 4 times (1st time being last october, so its not like its all the time), twice after food, once before and once neither one nor the other. So, not sure....

I have decided juicing as a WoE, is not for me: Some items are difficult to get here (notably celery). The fridge is bursting with what I have bought and IF I had taken up juicing full time, I would have had to buy another fridge. Some of the juices are a trial to drink. The biggest thing I can't cope with is all that pulp chucked away. I have tried offering it to the dogs, they pick at it. Yes I know I should use it in "delicious recipes" but its not going to happen. The realisation came as I juiced 2 beetroot and it began coming out half way down the body horror film stylee and proceeding to go under other appliances. I had to clean up the equivalent of a chain saw massacre. No, the juicer isn't broken, it seems that SO much juice came out of the beetroot, it sort of overwhelmed the spout. I stood and thought, "I can't do this", it was reinforced when I drank half of the proceeds of juicing 15 kale leaves, 6 carrots, two beetroot, a chunk of ginger and two apples. It was not that good folks.

I am disappointed, but the positive side is that I have found some amazing fruit based juices, but its not good to try to live on them, IMHO, you have to have veggy juices otherwise you are see sawing your blood sugars dangerously. OK I am not a nutritionist, but everything I learnt from Atkins tells me it wouldn't be a good thing long-term.

I had to clean up the equivalent of a chain saw massacre. .

OMG you poor thing, I know what a mess juicers can make! I think the key to the flavour is to balance the fruit and veg so it a) tastes nice and b) gives you all the nutrients you need - which is why I think the Jason Vale plan is a good one, they are have a mix of fruit and veg in them.

You tried it to see what it was like hun, and that's the main thing - if it doesn't work for whatever reason, then no drama :)

I must admit I love the turbo one, might have that all weekend :) Can you get avocados? i would have thought it was hot enough in Turkey to grow them? Here it is again in case you want to have a go.

TURBO WITH A KICK
2 apples
¼ medium pineapple (with or without the skin – depending on your juicer)
1 handful spinach
½ Lime (peeled)
½ stick celery
3 cm (1 inch) chunk cucumber
1 cm (½ inch) chunk ginger root
¼ medium avocado
1 small handful ice cubes

Juice all the ingredients except the avocado and ice. Pour the juice into a blender along with the avocado flesh and ice and blend until smooth.

He does mix fruit with the veg but as a hater of veg he is on to a loser with me. I just hoped juicing would transform it to something edible. Actually it does, but the pulp I have chucked away, really bothers me. Thanks for the recipe Susie. I have almost all I need to make that. Will give it a try when I have the spinach and the avocado. As I say its a combination of several things that make me think I couldn't stick to it. I am happy with low carbing, just fancied a change, but juicing is a change that I cant live with, so... :/

Busy few days. Nothing of interest to post (diet wise), but we managed to fill the pool yesterday, I had a bacardi and coke to celebrate!!!! Now the tidying up begins, -all the DIY gubbins is being put away, finally, YAY!!!!! Weight static. Which is better than it going up, but a downward trend would be nice.

WOOHOO fab about the pool - nice to have things a bit tidied and the pool ok to use :)

Hear you completely about the juicing, it was just too much fruit for my body to process and when i tried it again I came out in hives again. So I'm eating fruit and veg, but not juicing - I'll do it occasionally, but not for days at a time.

Funny you should say about the hives. I certainly had some sort of reaction, I got little pimples all over my torso. Not itchy or hurting, but it did make me wonder if it was a sign juicing was doing me good. But even though I know that, I have decided Juicing will be for enjoyment only and not a WoE. Its just too much (of what?, -you ask. Too much of shopping, storing, pulp and some of the drinks are plain yukky).

Dear journal, I am so sorry I have neglected you for so long. I cant believe its been TWO months!. In that two months it has been o so hot here and 2 weeks ago our son got married here. So we were busy with visitors and the wedding, for a while. One week to regroup. Now we have have more guests. Great fun, many photos and happy memories. A dent in the diet which I WILL sort out.

Here's a nice one. As you can see, we are a BIG family. LtoR is my daughter-in-law, middle son, eldest son, new DiL husband and me.

. Me, Dave, Happy Couple R&A.jpg

Welcome back, lovely photo. It is hard to keep to any plan when there are lots of visitors.

Ooh, thanks Susie. It felt good to wear it. Elegant. But I know it will look better when I am slimmer ;) Which is going to be somewhat delayed, because I am visiting the UK in a while.

Remember me taking an interest in Organic Toiletries owing to all the problems I was having with my eyes?? Well, a friend told me about an Organic company in the UK, and yesterday I realised they have a deal on. So, I have ordered myself a cleanser, toner and serum. I am going to the uk in a couple of weeks-ish and it will be waiting for me when I get there. And because I know you are also interested in such gorgeous things, here's the link :)
Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 11.14.56.png
Go to Facebook and search for Earthzest Organics :)
Deal till end October :clap:

All I did was send a Facebook message stating my skin type, email and delivery address and Earthzest emailed me my payment options. Wish I was getting to the UK next week so I could get to use it SOONER.

As a matter of interest, here's their site :) Home But for the deal, order through FB.

Last edited:
Hey Lynne x,

Congrats on your sons wedding, you look very elegant. I'm sure the diet will all come together when the visit-fests are out the way x.

I'm Low carving again and feeling so much better for it. Its awfully quiet on here these days - but I'm still posting and ranting to myself.

Staying in UK with the newlyweds. They have given us a wedding album 1/4 sized and it i so lovely! I almost cried!!

Stomach is once again protesting about the fact I am not being good. Soon be home and will be easing tum into a low carb or possibly Primal/paleo regime. I weighed before getting here. I home damage isn't too bad.

How are you getting on with LC this time? I find it easy to return to, and I think its because I feel well, so quickly. Are you feeling good/losing well?

Bet its nice to be with the family here, and go shopping and buy and eat all the stuff you miss x. Awe - thats so lovely of them!

I know how you feel about the stomach, when I eat chapatis now I get really bad cramps and also even if I'm sticking to plan but over eat! Your a very determined lady, I'm sure you will get it sorted when its the right time. Don't know anything about paleo, I will have a look at it.

Diets going good, I am actually happy at 10.7-10 st, doing this as I actually feel better on the woe.

Aww thanks, you are very kind (and supportive). Dont ask me about Paleo, its a sort of vague subject, in a way. I am so used to Atkins, with pretty fixed rules. But, as an example, if you type Primal, into Google, you will find Paleo comes up. But paleo and Primal are slightly different. In my search for a change from Atkins, I downloaded a lot of free books, and paid for books that are about primal and paleo. It seems paleo can be stricter than primal (milk and other things allowed) then there's Atkins. I was hoping I would find a book that would grab me and I could follow it. But for now I am still unsure what my next move will be. I think overall its just still eating no wheat, low carb and healthy. That is probably a lousy explanation. But if you ae interested in Paleo, look up books and sie to do with Robb Wolf. I like his style ;)

Back