Lynne: Low Carb Fan

I know why you would want a change, it does get mundane on atkins after a while. However, this time I'm just going to try mix up my menus. I will read up on it out of interest, but have come to realise atkins is quite easy for me to follow longish term.

On the subject of books, can I recommend "the drawing guard" one of the best books I have a read in ages. About a feminist ottoman princess who has her lovers murdered after she has slept with them (so a bit like 10001 arabian nights, but this time a woman!). Its based on a true ottoman princess!

Oh yes, I know what you mean about Atkins being easy to follow, and I also know what you mean about 'mundane'. I just fancied a change, hence the prolific downloads and resulting dithering. I feel I want to give one author my undivided attention, but being a dfyed in the wool ferretbrain, I am still dithering.

The book sounds interesting, but I cant find it! Can you double check the name please?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Drowning-Gu...1414880009&sr=1-1&keywords=the+drowning+guard

Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 22.14.20.png

Yes Mark's Daily Apple is also good. I have subscribed to a number of sites, I confess I dont keep up with all of them, LOL!

And LOL at book, you wrote Drawing Guard! No wonder I couldnt find it!!!! LOL!!!

Oh, I have been using the organic products (Earthzest and Organic Surge, and absolutely LOVE them) :) A nice bit of pampering.

LOL - sorry. check it out. you can download a free sample before committing to the full version, but I really think you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for recommending the products. I've been looking to change my skincare routine, just turned 36! really need to start looking after myself. That's also why I have started pilates and yoga as I'm thinking the future of my joints and flexibility. My mum is 57 and is suffering really bad with her joints and arthritis - to the point where she has been told she needs both her knees replaced.

It might seem random for me to mention the products, but I have had so much trouble with allergies and my eyes swelling, that just over a year ago, I decided to try changing anything that touched my face, incase I was sensitive to something. Someone on here recommended Organic Surge. Knowing I was going to be coming over, I decided to have a look and order some. WELL!!! -They had a deal. Buy a bundle and get discount of the detox bundle. So I ordered the shower ger bundle and got the facial detox bundle for 1.3 of price (roughly. Then They said if I order one more thing, I will get free P&P, so I odered another shower gel. Then they said I would get 20% off for being 1st time customer. So, in the end I got a litre (in 4 containers) of shower gel plus a day cream, a night cream, + a face wash, all full sized and ALL ORGANIC for just over £27!!!!!!!!

Anyway, after I found out about Organic Surge, I was told about Earthzest. Its a new company selling organic oils that are mixed with essential oils. No water included (except maybe in the toner), so its very concentrated. Jackie, the owner is a lovely lady. So I ordered some of her products too. When I arrived in UK and unpacked it all, it was like Christmas :D

I am using the Earthzest at the moment. I got eye makeup remover (not tried it yet), lip balm (peppermint) and its really good and zingy, moisturiser (its gorgeous), toner, lovely and not stripping. Hair conditioner, use sparingly. I am really enjoying it all and am hoping it helps with my eczema, psoriasis and allergies. Meanwhile, its like aromatherapy every time I use it. LOL!!!!

I confess before I left UK 7 years ago, I would love to go out and buy pampering products. Even the buying of them was part of the fun. Now its not so easy where I am. Its not the same to be standing in a supermarket or pharmacy, looking at a small selection of (usually, chemically laden) products at huge prices. So, to be able to order these things has been a real treat. :p Give it a few more days, and I will be drop dead gorgeous! ;)

Hi Lynne
Just saw your photo, what a lovely pic, you all look so radiant and happy. Been reading your posts about organic products with interest, might have to take a look. Are you still in UK? If so, enjoy the rest of your stay with family x

Hi everyone. Sorry I have been under the weather. I think I picked up something in the UK because I wasn't 'right' while I was there either. Its like I am crawling out of a cave now. ANYWAY, I restarted the WOE on Monday and am doing ok :) Yee-Harrrrrr! I hope everyone is well. Oh BTW we have adopted another dog :)

IMG_0933.jpg

Got up OK, then took a dive. By evening I was pretty much OK again. Today I feel OK, so lets hope that continues. As for Roley, he is such a sweetheart. A real gentle soul.

I'm over the virus, but know a few people who have it (I hope I didn't give it to them.... :( ) Been trying to be good, which is successful overall, but suffering constipation. This is not normal for me. And it hurts. I resorted to laxatives last night. This worked, but I still feel I need more laxative..... I hope things settle because if not, I think I should get checked out.

Ghost of virus has visited a few times. I know I am not the only one, which is reassuring. I was beginning to wonder what the heck was the matter with me. Diet eventually went completely put the window. I am getting psyched up for restarting on 2nd :) During this festive dietary disaster, I have had tomes when my tum has felt very bad, and sometimes when it felt really good. I have a theory, and I might be barking up the wrong tree but I think the christmas pudding was so rich (and I had it three consecutive days, I think it had a cleansing effect (wont go into details) :rotflmao: Anyway, that said I hope getting back on the WoE doesn't upset how good I feel at present :D

I hope everyone is soon back on here posting their news, festive season tales and diet experiences again. Its been too quiet and I miss y'all.:553:

Hello sweetie - hope you're feeling better now? Everyone I know in the UK has had one sort of bug or another, I staggered in to work with no voice for three days - why do we do it?!

And I'm so glad you like the Organic Surge stuff, they have great customer service too. I've got all the shower gels, and their shampoo/conditioner is wonderful - everything else gives me an itchy scalp.

Roley looks like a little darling, was he a stray?

Sxxx

Yes, I am finally over it but I realise I am one of many here in Turkey and over in the UK, who have been suffering this virus, which never seems to want to go.

I will get more Organic surge when I go to UK next. Meanwhile I get their emails, so I keep abreast of the offers.

Roley's story is a sad one. His Mum was poisoned when he and his sister were 3 days old, so he was hand reared. His life took a bad turn when a drunkard Englishman adopted them both and he was horrible to them both (to the dismay of his Turkish neighbour). He was thrown out when he got his sister pregnant and just hung around hoping to be let back in. He would cry and lay one side of the gate while his sister laid the other side. Finally someone took him and hoped to find him a home, but no one wanted him (there are so many waifs needing homes) and she was moving to Bulgaria and hadn't arranged for a passport for him. So, we fostered him while the passport was prepared. But we fell in love with him and the lady was more than happy for him to remain with us, seeing as she already had nine dogs.

Meanwhile his poor sister had her pups, and the Turkish neighbour climbed a very high wall to take her and the pups away to the rescue. I really do hope they all found good homes, its so sad to think she may still be there struggling to survive among the more aggressive dogs. Or adopted to live on the end of a chain in someone's yard. Sometimes living here can mess with your mind, it can be so cruel. At least Roley is happy. He is a cuddly, dribbly, happy little man who is very contented, although he does freak out if we go out, but I hope he will get over that with time, once he realises we always come home to him. He has fitted in well with the other 5 dogs we have and is especially close to Elif :)

Roley & Elif - Boxing Day Cuddles - 2 - Version 2.jpg

Oh what a sad sad story :cry:- I can't believe how people can be cruel to animals - but it's not just Turkey, it happens everywhere, unfortunately, my cat Jezebel was poisoned in Australia by a less than human neighbour.

But I'm so pleased Roley has found a loving home with you - that's a gorgeous pic!

Glad your virus is over! That is sad I don't know how anyone can abuse an animal or anyone one for that matter. He's gorgeous such a good thing you've done taking him. He's very lucky x

HNY Lynne. Good to hear you are better and look forward to catching up x

Oh Kat1e I am sorry I have been away, I was ill AGAIN!!! Short version is I had a colonoscopy yesterday and I have Diverticulitis and IBS. Much relief it wasn't more serious. So, today I have been scouring the net for info.

Back