Lynne: Low Carb Fan

Scouring the net has got me confused. So much conflicting information, from eating fibre to avoiding it. It seems its best to eat fibre when not having pain, stop fibre when having an attack. But then you read: "Don't eat nuts and seeds", "You can eat nuts and seeds, -to avoid them was old thinking". Then there's FODMAP foods....... (sigh). I was getting thoroughly fed up with all this (plus what works for one individual is not what works for another), so, I have reverted to 1993 (for me) when I first tried Food Combining. My digestion felt THE BEST. I have seen in the last few days, that it can be a help for IBS and Diverticulitis. So, my starting point is with Food Combining. I will have to see how it goes.

Yes, I saw a lot of different info on the net (and in the books I have) to say that Food Combining would be good for me. FODMAP diet is so restricting, I thought I would give FC a try first. Good to see you, its all gone a bit quiet on here lately. -Very strange! How ya doin'? :p

Blimey that does look confusing. So many things not to eat on FODMAP I'm doing good Lynne I'm on the 5:2 diet since a couple weeks ago and enjoying it.

Yup, I'm a lot more mindful of what I'm eating now on my 5 days of non fast and feel good. Also back to some exercise and not much alcohol lately x

Exercise is the thing I really need to do more of. I have a bike that needs new gears. I have 6 dogs who would really appreciate more walks. I am really baaaad.... :(

Thinking of getting a yoga dvd did a bit the other day and felt very de-stressed. The one that looks the best to me on amazon is called 'everyday yoga for stress release with Nadia Narain. Any recommendations? :)

My back and knees are a right state. So, I only do gentle yoga. But I did download an app for my laptop called Pocket Yoga. I dont know if its any good. I tried it one day and it involved me being up on feet and hands, then doing planks (or similar) it was so fast that every time I looked, she was down when I was up etc. It was a half hour routine and I lasted 10 mins, at 7 mins I felt tempted to laugh. So I figure I need to work up to it. No, I really cant give you any advice, sorry -LOL!

Lol Lynne - love your description of following along:). I like to dance but don't like anything that involves being on the floor - triggers my back, knees and everything else! I have been trying planks - can just get to 1 min but only using knees not a full one. Perhaps I'll get there one day xx

Kat1e, I hope I didnt give you the impression i am a vision of athleticism, LOL. I hope one day I can attempt that app and keep up. But for now, I will stick to the gentle yoga, LOL!!!

Though weight IS going down (so far, YAY), my body hasn't settled down to its usual routine (toilet-wise). SO I am a bit bemused. I haven't been out yet to get my Food Combining foods and currently the kitchen is stacked out with foods for a curry evening my DH is planning for friends this Saturday night. I hope life settles down by Monday, then we'll see what's really going on. Feeling pretty good :)

Enjoy your sat night curry:)

Oops, sorry Kat1e, I didn't spot this message! The curry night was really good. DH made a fabulous spread and the evening went by easily. -Suddenly it was 1.30 and we were all shocked. Since then I have done a proper shop and began Food Combing last weekend and am showing some weight loss. I always find it refreshing to have a change of WoE. A couple of days this week I have had Kefir smoothie with prunes one day and banana another day, but the banana was against the rules of the WoE, I didn't realise my crime till after (wooooops).

Good luck with the new WOE - once you figure out the rules!:)

Thanks Kat1e. Mostly I go by the menu in the book, that takes the thinking out of it. Though I often dont manage the three meals a day. But its good so far. :)

WOW, what is it with us all? -No one posting. I thought I would just pop in to say I am still floundering. It seems my life is that way. Not saying that in an overtly negative way. Its just the way I am most of the time. I belong to Fatsecret and joined a walking challenge which went well for a few days and I enjoyed it. I installed an app to my phone called Runkeeper, which was fascinating because it tracked me, measured altitude and distance plus pace. It encourages me. BUT I got a blister. Not huge, but it got infected, so I have had a few days off while it heals. I am still giving Food Combining a go, which I am enjoying but it has to be said the losses arent impressive. But I am also trying to keep my digestion working well. I love Low Carb, but I do tend to get a bit bunged up and I really want to avoid that.

Speaking of 'bunged up', I an burning plenty of calories by sneezing me head off with Hayfever. One weapon I have found very useful is vaseline up the nose. Wish I had tried THAT sooner, LOL But it still gets me sometimes.

Hey Lynne, I AM here! But its dead as a dodo on here. So sorry to hear you have been suffering with one health issue to another - but love the way you keep going and not just give up! What a shame about the blister going bad - must have been so painful, ouch! Hope your managing the IBS well now and have kicked its butt! keep going and I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

Love busy xxxx

Hi BB!! Yes the IBS seems to be OK now. That's the main thing, I guess, but a bit of weight loss would be nice too. People say I look slimmer but the scales disagree with that. No, I am not going to give up because I know that I would end up very very fat.

How are you???

Back