Lynn's Diary - My Big Fat Weight Loss Journey

Hi Lynn,

Sorry to read about you hurting your knee, but yippee for the exotic holiday!!! Have to keep it short and sweet as connection extortionate.

Hope your weigh in is good news and the byetta nausea has gone for good.

Take care
x

Yippee my weight finally moved this morning, now at 14.5. Official weigh in is saturday, but im a scales addict lol. Anyway, ive now hit the halfway point, 42lb off 42lb to go and exactly 3 stone lost.

Im gonna make another mini goal for my holiday which is just over 3 weeks away. I think 7lb is possibly achievable, so my mini goal for 28th Aug is 13.12 which will see me breaking the 14st barrier. This has been a far distant dream of mine for so many years and i may finally do it. It has been about 15 years or more since i was less than 14st, in fact come to think of it , it was 17 years ago. I was 38 and needed an operation.

I started that year weighing 16.10 and in the May of that year I just woke up one morning knowing i was going to lose weight. I had been to see a hypnotist show the week before, and i was never sure if it was that, or the need for having the op that finally spurred me, but from May to October i lost nearly 5 stone. After the op, i lost a bit more, until i hit 11.10 which was my lowest weight, exactly 5 stone off. That was the year of the sparkly christmas party and i bought a special dress for it, which i got to wear to the party.

Also that year i was involved in organising the childrens christmas party for the staff's children. Some months after, when the weight had started to creep back on (which it did over the next 18 months until i was back where i started, sigh....) there were some photos floating around of the childrens christmas party and there was a picture of a group of us handing out Christmas presents. Strangely I couldn’t see me in the picture but there was this woman in a short skirt and a pale jumper, the view was from side slighty behind. She was quite slim with long hair, and she was very familiar, but i couldn’t work out who she was. I just didn’t remember her at all, and i couldn’t see her face in the photo. I couldn’t understand also, why i wasn’t in the picture, but this woman was so familiar. Then it struck me who she was. At my lowest weight I was 11 10lb. I wanted to be down to 11 7 for the party but didn’t quite get there. That was my lowest weight 11. 10. Ill never be as young as her again, but I will be as thin, im sure of it. I want to see a picture like that again, only this time I dont want to be so shocked. I want it to be permanent.

Hmmm, was hungry today. Thats a new one.

Was tired and lethargic too and shaky.

Im not liking this much, i like existing on little food and never getting hungry. Havnt felt sick for 2 or 3 days either, so thats pretty good, but hunger? no, i dont like that either.

In fact, i might just go and try on clothes that used to be too small, that will cheer me up. Im still gonna sulk tho.

14.3.5 this morning, thats 2.5lb off this week. Im really pleased with that as ive spent 2 days at a hotel this week, plus went to my brothers for a meal on Thursday (albeit i only ate salad and about 5 small chunks of chicken).

I was so hungry yesterday evening, and couldnt get my mind off it. I ate an apple then a small handful of blueberries, and a couple cups of coffee. Went to sleep hoping morning would come soon so that i could have breakfast. But this morning of course i dont feel like eating anything. Ive just had a poached egg on small slice of toast, was nice but really didnt want it.

Today im going to a BBQ this afternoon, but im only going for an hour. Its a work thing and i really should show my face to show willing. Ive no intention of eating anything when im there, not even salad, unless im starving hungry again. This evening we are going out for a meal with friends. Ive already decided what im going to have, they have grilled monkfish on the menu so ill have that with some salad. Will probably have to miss the byetta this evening in order to eat it, im kinda tempted to have the injection though, really havnt had much nausea this week at all.

Getting very excited about my holiday, 3 weeks today! Ive never experienced Gatwick on a bank holiday weekend before, usually avoid that. I got the confirmation in the post this morning, so now i just have to book parking at the airport.

Heya, glad to see that you're doing well. You're making lots of sensible choices despite how difficyult it must be when you're going out a lot, lots of will power, well done!
Best wishes.

Thanks Pink! My job often involves staying away, i try to avoid it if i can but sometimes cant be helped. Being good at breakfast is harder than being good at dinner, i love a cooked breakfast lol.

Today went to the BBQ this afternoon, had a really good time and stayed for 2 hours, i would have stayed longer if i could but had to get home to get ready to go out this evening. I ate 4 sticks of cucumber and 3 glasses diet coke, so pretty good there lol. This evening met some old friends for a meal at a local pub. I had smoked salmon then grilled monkfish and salad. Portions were very small and dissapointing, especially as the meal cost over £100 for the 4 of us. Wont be going there again! The food was plenty for me, I didnt do the byetta but i might as well have.

We havnt seen our friends since middle of May, so they were quite taken aback by my weight loss, which was fun. I wore my stone colour M&S jeans that i bought many years ago to 'slim into' and never wore. I might have left it too long before wearing them lol, they are loose on me, so I will be wearing them now until i have to buy a smaller pair.

These are the jeans that i waved at my hubby 11 weeks ago and told him i would be wearing soon. They were really tight around my legs then and of course there was no way the zip would meet, it was a struggle to even get them up 11 weeks ago, now i may be saying goodbye to them soon when they get relegated to the 'fat' clothes pile. Shame as they are really nice jeans, i kinda hope that i will still be able to wear them when i go to Tunisia as they will be perfect for evenings, but hey i wont be heartbroken if they are too big by then lol.

Last edited:
OOOO YAY! you fit in your skinny jeans, that's always a good feeling! well done!
Well done for doing so well with eating out and stuff, that's always really hard. Although 100quid for a pub meal is mental!

We have a weekend away in September, going to a converted chapel in cornwal. I mentioned this to our friends last night and suggested that they come with us as well. My friend Tam rang me this morning to say that they have booked it! Im really pleased about that, will be lovely to spend a weekend with them.

Tam also mentioned that the local swimming pool has aquaerobics on Sunday evenings so we are both going along to that this evening.

Having a pretty lazy day today, so a bit of exercise later will do me good.

Working in Bicester tommorow, there is a designer retail outlet there, so i might be tempted to go and window shop after work, that will be fun. Ill try on a few things to see how they look lol.

No nausea from the byetta this morning, just feel full, Ive starting to believe the nausea is behind me now, but Im pretty sure doc will up the dosage when i see her in a few weeks. I have mixed feelings about it, would prefer to stay on the lower dose for another month as im nervous a higher dose will set it all off again and have Tunisia and Cornwall coming up, but on the other hand, hunger is starting to set in occasionally as well. I dont know whats worse, feeling sick or feeling hungry. At least i cant eat if i feel sick, but all i think about is food when im feeling hungry. Oh well, we will see what happens.

Oo the weekend away sounds lovely! Hope that you have fun :)

It's good that the sickness is over with, although I sympathise with the quandry of feeling hungry rather than sick, it's a bit of a pain. You're more than strong enough to get over it though, look how far you've come already!

Best wishes:) enjoy your window shopping ;)

Got to the pool yesterday to discover the aquaerobics was cancelled but had a nice swim instead. When i got home i was very shaky tho and i checked my bloods to find i was in hypo again. I didnt think this would happen on the current drugs im on, but i had some food and a glucose tablet and felt better an hour later. I think i need to eat more. Never thought that i would ever have a problem with eating more lol. Weight was up by half a pound this morning!! Thats totally not fair.

Was a difficult day today, so was tired when i finished work and just came straight home. I just checked facebook and discovered its my grandsons 18th birthday today, i had forgotten it. So ill have to get my skates on and get some money out for him. They are having a party this evening at the local club in Thatcham for him, so i have time to get sorted out.

The spurious half pound was gone this morning, wish it had taken a few of its friends with it tho lol. Working in Weston Super Mare today, but its raining and i hate motorways in the rain, yuk.

Had a flick through the Marisota catalogue yesterday evening and ended up ordering clothes for holiday. They sell some very nice strappy maxi length dresses in what must be t shirt material, 2 for £24 one purple one black, so ordered those. Then found a nice shrug that would go with the dresses, a very light weight long cardigan ( i dont think it will be cardigan weather though but it was cheap) a silhoutte swim suit that was reduced, a pair of silver wedge sandals and a pair of black leather toepost sandals with a diamante buckle thing on them (they were expensive, £50!) and 2 black bras (smaller than the last ones i got from them 2 weeks ago lol). I just need to get some strappy t shirt tops and i should be set for holiday. I already had 3 pairs of shorts that used to be way too small, but now fit me nicely.

Weather is atrocious today, cant believe its August (or maybe i can, this is UK after all). White sky white rain white road white mist off all the cars, bloody awful journey home, and to top it all im hungry! I cant hack this hunger, its doing my head in. Its 4pm, ill wait half an hour, have my jab then eat at 5.30, if i can hold out that long.

Awww, my (30yr old) son was watching me cook my dinner and said to me, 'why are you still trying to lose weight, you have lost it all havnt you?'

Aw bless him, that's sweet; you must be looking amazing :)
Hope that you enjoy your holiday, especially after all of the pants weather we've been having here!
Best wishes.

Still 14.3.5 this morning although im not really expecting to lose anything or very much this week. Since losing weight ive kept a spreadsheet and its clear that i will lose for 3 weeks and then stall or lose very little for the 4th week. Would be nice to shift the half pound i need to reach my first mini goal for this month.

I have a feeling that my current Byetta pen isnt working properly. Sometimes when i charge it half the dose shoots out of the pen before ive done the injection so that i have to waste the other half dose and recharge it. Happened this morning, recharged and felt noticeably nauseaus for the first time in a week. Still feel very full now at 1.30. In a strange way im kinda glad the nausea is back, at least im not hungry.

Was working in Swindon today, went along to help a colleague out so with 2 of us we got through the visit pretty quick. I might go swimming today, i feel like having a swim.

Haha, tried on my shorts last night, 1 pair is now too big, 1 pair is loose, so that leaves 1 pair that actually fits me. I dont really want to be buying shorts for my holiday, so ill have to make do with the 2 pairs that fit or are loose.

Just booked my travel insurance with insure and go. Had to fill in their online medical, yes to diabetes , yes to high cholestrol, yes to smoker. Was expecting the price to be bumped right up but actually didnt make any difference to the final total! I was pretty impressed with that, and only cost £15 for a weeks travel insurance on their silver policy.

Also finally got round to booking my parking at gatwick, meet and greet, it only cost a couple pounds more than standard parking but makes such a difference being able to leave it to someone else.

Im pretty tired right now and its only 4pm, i need to drag my ass out the door and go swimming, someone push me through the door please!

Was working in Winchester today, only 30 minutes from me so i got there early and have just got home again, nice easy day!

Home tomorrow, have bloods and stuff tomorrow morning with the doc, and back next Wednesday for the results. First time in 6 years that I have actually looked forward to a check up, cant wait to see the results. Really hoping my cholestrol is way down, was off the scale at the last check up 3 months ago.

Managed to get to swim yesterday, but nightmare, pool full of kids and sooo noisy. I did manage to swim for about 45 minutes though and felt loads better after.

No nausea today so far, thats good and bad lol.

My sons friend bought an old pc yesterday, but was having trouble with it so brought it round for me to look at yesterday evening. My god what a nightmare it was. Its an old Dell, pentium 4 processor with 1 gb ram running Vista Ultimate of all the goddamn O/s to run on it. Anyone who built a low spec pc and then put Vista Ultimate on it should be hung drawn and quartered. Was taking 20 minutes to boot up and then anything you tried to open would take about 10 minutes, even windows explorer. The big culprite was the side task bar, i eventually managed to disable it after rebooting the damn thing several times, then removed a few programs that were slowing down start up. I cleaned it up a bit, and now its boots up in 2 minutes max and will open a program almost as soon you click on it, so he is well pleased now.

Most of my Marisota order turned up this morning, just waiting for 1 pair of shoes that are coming direct from manufacturer.

The 2 long t shirt dresses are much nicer than i expected them to be so im really pleased with that, although they are not as long on me as they are on the model in the pic! I think these catalogue sites employ 5'.2'' models, as it came down to her ankles on the pic and its just below mid calf on me. The shrug i ordered to go with them is fab, and the silver sandals are gorgeous, much nicer than the pic. Everything i ordered fitted, except for a cheap long cardigan which was advertised as size 16 to 20, but is in fact much too big, so that will have to go back. The silhoutte swimsuit really holds my tummy in, and the black bras! size 38F and fit perfectly. Was 46GG not so long ago lol

Back