Lynn's Diary - My Big Fat Weight Loss Journey

Oh had blood test this morning and talked to the nurse about my doubts about my current byetta pen, she agreed that it didnt sound right so will get doc to call me today and maybe issue a replacement and send this one back to the manufacturer. If im not getting the correct dose then that will explain the awful hunger ive been getting on and off. Weight STILL hasnt moved, still 14.3.5. Official weigh in tomorrow, so i still have time to shift that pesky half pound to reach my first minigoal, but not really upset if weight doesnt move, im expecting a stall this week anyway, but still frustrating.

Aw hun, good luck on that half a pound, it must be frustrating.
Hope that your new pen thingy works better.
Best wishes.

Woohoo!! finally! Lost a pound today, so thats 14.2.5 now and ive hit my first minigoal this month. Im beginning to wonder if my next mini goal is going to be unrealistic, 4.5lb in the next 2 weeks. It shouldnt be unrealistic, but i guess ill have a better idea by next Saturday.

Yay congrats! Great news. Good luck reaching your next goal :)

Ive spent the day wandering around town, bought my first pair of size 16 jeans!! Also Outfit have a sale on on their costume jewellry, bought some really pretty pieces, 2 necklaces, a pair of earrings and a gorgeous bracelet all for £11.

Hubby and I are going to Nirvana spa tommorow for the day, i love it there, cant wait!

And another pound down! 14.1.5, so close to being under 14st now, woohoo!!

Off to Nirvana today :)

Just got back from a heavenly day at Nirvana Spa, i took hubby on one of my free guest tickets and he was very impressed with it, he is thinking of joining now. Unfortunately the diarrhea set off again this afternoon which meant a lot of dashes to the loo, which spoilt my relaxation a bit, but will be interesting to see what effect it has on my weight loss tomorrow.

13.13!!!
2.5lb off since yesterday!!
I really need more days at Nirvana, but no doubt the constant dashes to the loo yesterday helped that a good bit too. Im just 2lb off reaching 50lb loss, wow.
Im so confident that I will lose that 2lb before I go to Tunisia that I have adjusted my holiday goal down a lb to 13.11lb.

Last edited:
Thanks Emma!

Im just really stunned at getting under 14st, its a big milestone for me. I havnt been under 14st for 15 years, so its almost new territory for me.

I managed to find some toepost sandals today at Brantano, ive been to Cirencester for work today and had to detour into Swindon on my way home. On Saturday i bought hubby an MP3 player to take with him to Nirvana yesterday and the damn thing wouldnt work. Took it back to PC World for a refund, where the guy just flipped a little switch i hadnt noticed and now it works fine, so im not sure what to do because he thinks he would rather have an ipod now.

We are going back to Nirvana again next Sunday for another day of bliss, also seriously considering upgrading the membership to the full package which will allow both of us to go anytime with unlimited visits, but will cost £170 a month. Its a lot of money, but its a lot of spa. It just feels like being on a luxurious holiday when we are there. Hubby already pays £30 a month for his gym membership plus i pay £30 a month for my 1 day a month Nirvana membership. We have 2 aol broadband connections, and only need 1 so we could save another £30 a month on that, so theres £90 towards it. Plus we have the full sky package and i only ever watch the basic channels so i think we could save £40 a month on that, so thats £130 a month towards it, im sure we could find the other £40. Maybe i could convince son to start paying some rent. Hmmm more chance of flying to the moon me thinks.

Would it be such a relaxing treat if you could go all of the time though? Sounds gorgeous however.
CONGRATULATIONS, a size smaller and sooooo close to such an amazing loss, that's brilliant. You must be dead chuffed :)
Keep up the good work hun.

I decided to cancel my docs appointment for tomorrow, i will be working in Wales for 2 days Wed and Thurs so I might as well go and stay with hubby at his hotel. At least i can have a good swim there and i love the grilled tuna they have on the menu. Will see doc next Weds instead, but im really looking forward to seeing the results of the latest blood test.

Thinking about grilled tuna made me go to tesco on the way home today and buy some for my dinner tonight. I really need to eat fish more often, i absolutely love it.

Got a delivery of books from Amazon today, my friend Tam was raving about the The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, and the 2 volumes that came after it, so i ordered all 3 for my holiday. They are quite big books though, so i might start the first one later.

I have just added a new mini goal. Got an email this week to say the christmas party for work is on 10th Dec at the Ramada at Heathrow. I never go to works christmas partys, well not for many years anyway, but im going to this one.

17 years ago i needed an op and i lost 5 stone in 7 months for it. My lowest weight was 11st 10lb and i bought a beautiful black velvet dress for the christmas party that year. I still have the dress, and its only ever been worn that once. Whether I would wear it again, i dont know, I was 38 then, im 55 now, so.......... maybe its time for a new party dress. But to be able to get into that dress again would be a dream come true, but i do love that dress.

So, i have made a very optimistic mini goal for 10th Dec of 11st 10lb. I wont be gutted if i dont get there, after all, I never dreamed at the start of this year that I would be losing weight like this again. I had given up, given in, defeated. Im 13st 13lbs now from 17st 5lb in May, and that seems like a miracle. Almost feels like I am asking too much to want the dream again. Im not greedy for food anymore, im just greedy to be me.

You can totally reach that goal! If you lose about 2lbs a week you should come pretty close :)
Bah, go crazy, buy a new party dress to go with your new figure!
You're doing so well, I can't believe that you've lost so much already, it's amazing :)

Thanks Pink! I cant believe it myself either lol.

Ohhhh we took the plunge today and took out full membership at Nirvana! Our membership starts tommorow so we will be off for a blissful afternoon and evening. Ive got hospital appointment tomorrow afternoon to have my eyes scanned, nothing wrong with them, but its precautionary for anyone with diabetes, so after we leave there we will go to the spa.

They have a gym there as well, so im gonna give it a go, hopefully will help me get to my december target, and tone up some of the flabby bits too.

I spent the night in Wales yesterday with hubby, had a nice swim and lovely dinner of grilled tuna.

So close to my holiday now! i only have to work 3 days next week too, although Thursday i might have to show my face in the office for a few hours, or maybe ill just skip it and go swimming instead.

Oh bought lots of lovely new clothes at Matalan yesterday, got an armful of stuff for £38, I love Matalan! And my final orders from Marisota turned up today too, so i have everything i need for my holiday now.

13.11.5 today! half pound to my holiday target and one week to go!

Oh today will be a good day, im 'working' at home today, not much to do need to finish up one report and post off some docs, then im going shopping. I want to buy hubby and i a nice bathrobe each for Nirvana. I can hire them for £2 each there, but i guess im pretty much gonna live there every minute i can over the next week, so i might as well buy some. Hopsital this afternoon, cant remeber the time of the appointment or even where its at, not at the main hospital, its a clinic somewhere nearby, so ill have to find the letter they sent me. Its somewhere in one of the piles of junk on my desk. Then its off to the spa for the rest of the day! BB evictions tonight so want to be home in time for that.

My prediction for the evictions tonight will be Steve, John James (prat), Andrew and JJ. Josie is safe of course and I like Corin, i think she will be ok, Dave is the greatest character in the house so im pretty sure he will still be there, so that leaves Sam and Mario, I think Sam will be ok cos he is such a pain in the ass and Mario the Mole, I think the return of the Mole costume is gonna save him. I loved it when Ben went back into the house, Mario was so happy to see him again.

John James has finally shown himself in his true colours, he is a nasty bully of the worst kind, a cowardly one who only picks on those that cant defend themselves. I have no idea why the lovely Josie is so smitten with him, but im sure she will come to her senses pretty quickly.

Just watched BB evictions, my preditions were not great lol, but im so happy that Dave made it through the semi. Im a big fan of Daves and although i think Josie is lovely it would be wonderful if Dave could win it. Only a few days left now till the big night.

Had my eyes scanned today, the results were very good, no damage there at all which is a big relief. I have been so bad at getting the diabetes under control up till 3 months ago, I was pretty reckless really. But its all looking good now.

I bought more clothes today, I really have to stop buying clothes, my wardrobe is full of new stuff which wont fit me in a couple of months with any luck lol (meaning too big, not too small, omg wouldnt that be awful). Clothes buying must stop until the stuff i have already is too big, but I did buy a really beautiful long jumper, very long its just 2 inches above my knee, more like a dress. Its supposed to be worn with leggings, but im not sure im brave enough for that yet, but it looked pretty good with my jeans.

We got to the spa at 4pm and stayed until 8.30pm, it was bliss!

Tomorrow im taking my daughter and her partner and kids to the airport, they are off to Tunisia tommorow as they are going for 2 weeks, and i will be following them in a weeks time.

13.11 this morning!! ive hit my holiday target and a total of 50lbs off!!

Thats an incredible 5.5lbs ive lost this week, just to think that last Saturday I was beginning to have my doubts that I would hit my holiday target in time, and now ive hit it a week early!

Just 2lb to go now till I am officially no longer obese!

I went to the gym today. Let me repeat that, I went to the gym today.

I have never been in a gym before in my entire life, never had any inclination to go to one, let alone actually do anything while i was there. But my spa membership includes gym, so i thought, why not. I had no idea what i was supposed to do so i found someone that worked there and explained that i was a total noob, and he kindly explained the equipment to me and showed me how to use it, so i decided to give the cross trainer a go. Big mistake, i lasted less than 2 minutes on it! So then i decided that the treadmill was the safer option, after all i know how to walk dont i. And i mean walk, no running, not for me, yet anyway. I started with 10 minutes at a speed of 5k which is a brisk walk i guess, but was surprised that as i got close to 10 mins i was really getting into my stride, so did 20 minutes on it, and burnt 104 calories! Got my heart rate up to 145 and watched tv while i was doing it! Fabulous!

I felt light headed when i stopped and couldnt walk in a straight line which was very embarrasing lol, so then had a nice swim for an hour.

I enjoyed it and will have another go again tommorow.

Another wonderful day at Nirvana today, got there about 12.30 and just got home at 6.30. Hubby came into the gym with me today, so we were pushing each other to see who could go fastest on the treadmill. I spent 20 mins on the treadmill then had a few minutes on rowing, then spent the rest of the day swimming in the different pools. Was bliss. Legs ache today tho, so thats good.

Back