Lynn's Diary - My Big Fat Weight Loss Journey

13.10.5 this morning! Im secretly hoping that i can hit 13.9 by Saturday, so that i will hit my BMI target of 29.9. Would be so wonderful if i can go on my holiday knowing that i am no longer obese, officially just overweight! Still, not a disaster if i dont get there, ive already hit my holiday target, but fingers crossed.

God i felt sick again last night after the Byetta. I deciced to have a small piece of fresh salmon, some grilled tomatoes and grilled red pepper for dinner. I over cooked the pepper and it came out of the oven a thin dark crispy wafer lol, was burnt to hell. The tomatoes were nice though and the salmon delicious but halfway through eating it the nausea started up again, and by the time i crawled up to bed i could hardly stand. Oh well, most days im fine now, but i dont think im ever gonna get over these bouts of sickness with this drug. Im hoping that eventually as i get fitter and lose more weight that i will be able to miss out the evening jab all together, just have to monitor my bloods and make sure they dont start going up again.

Working fairly locally today, so planning on going to the gym and for anohter swim after work today.

Oooh so close to my holiday now, im getting really excited about it!

Lynn, wonderful to catch up with your diary and read how well you've been doing. The spa sounds like absolute bliss and I don't blame you one bit for taking out membership. You absolutely deserve it ! I'm so impressed that you've been to the gym and youre neither too emotionally scarred to discuss it, or no longer here to tell the tale(my own personal fear !). Seriously that is a brilliant achievement and it really gives me courage to go and join a gym too.

Congratulation on reaching your holiday goal already that is superb, and amazing weightloss in one week you sound really happy Lynn and it's wonderful that you are making such happiness for yourself by changing your lifestyle. Such good news that the hospital appointment went well and your results were good. It's all coming good for your holiday, although you may need to inform the hotel before you arrive that you are a stylish lady who shops and will require extra wardrobes and a couple of extra bell boys to assist with your luggage! I can't wait to shop too, I wouldn't stop just enjoy it!

How's everything on the job front now? Hope its all calmed down...

Thanks for your messages whilst I was away, so nice to receive your support and encouragement.

Ps like the photo, you look fab, young and thin!!! X

hahaha you made me laugh out loud Healthy, yes i definately need to warn the hotel lol!!

I have to admit i was a bit nervewracked about going to the gym for the very first time, but im not gonna let a roomfull of skinny fitness freaks stand in the way of achieving my goals. I wont let that be a reason not to do it.

That pic i have on my profile was early July when we went to Isle of Wight for the day to see my father in law. I was 15st exactly then, but i really love that pic, and ive never loved pics of myself. I felt so happy that day, so relaxed and at peace with myself that i was finally getting my life on track and my weight under control.

Got on the scales this morning and i have blown another half pound away, now 13.10!! Im so desperate now to hit 13.9, to be able to hit that magic bmi that takes me down to overweight.

hi lynn, would like to say that you are doing great and your diary has inspired me.
nirvana sounds fab, im jealous lol :jelous:
keep up the good work ;)

My third attempt at grilled peppers tonight lol. The first lot went straight in the bin on Sunday, black crispy wafers they were. Then yesterday I had another go, this time i put fresh basil and chopped up cherry tomatoes in them, when i got them out of the grill they were 3 quarters edible and 1 quarter too charred. I did them again today, sprinkled a bit of chilli flakes in with the cherry tomatoes and basil and turned the heat down a bit more, perfect! so delicious with a piece of grilled salmon. I dont want to go food shopping this week so im using up whats in the fridge and freezer before i go away. Ill have to shop for hubby for the weekend, but he is away all week so its not my problem to feed him.

ohhh my daughter just rang me from Tunisia, she is having a fabulous time there and says the whole hotel complex is just wonderful! I cant wait to get there!

Working in Bristol tomorrow, and hopefully i will be home by about 4pm, and thats my last working day. Im gonna get my hair trimmed up a bit and have a spray tan before i go away! Ive never had a spray tan before, i put myself off tanning lotions many years ago when i managed to cover myself in brown/orange streaks, but the spray tans look pretty good.

Not long to go til your holiday now, how exciting!! Hair cut and spray tan sound great, great for making you feel good before hols. I've had a few St Tropez tans over the years and they seem quite good, I live having a tan all clothes look better and it feels good. Have never used sun beds, just wish the climate here was better so I could gave some all year colour.

The peppers sound lovely, I love baked peppers , will have to try grilling them.

One of my biggest weaknesses. apart from indian food, is homemade pate. sigh......

Ive made a Delia recipe for years for chicken liver pate that is just heavenly. Unfortunatley my son also loves it, and he is in the kitchen right now making a batch. So not only will i smell it cooking, it will be sitting there looking at me every time i open the fridge. This is going to be a test of extreme willpower lol. BUT not only is he making my alltime favourite pate, he is then going to make himself a beef wellington with some of it. There are times when i seriously think its time my son found his own home!

Wow having a son who can cook like that is amazing!! Pate is delicious, are there no low cal variations you could make?

Just think of your new figure when you look at the food and think , nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

He is a great cook, but then i taught him lol!

The Delia pate is half a pound of chicken livers to half a pound of butter....go figure.

Actually i do have an old recipe for a fat free liver pate which is pretty good, havnt made it for years. But its no good even making a low fat one, if i made it for me i would just keep picking at it. Best leave it for when i can afford to pick lol.

Ive started packing tonight, just putting stuff in that i wont wear till im away that wont crease up, but god almighty, i had no idea i had bought so many holiday clothes! Ill have to stay for a month at this rate lol ohh... i had 3 pairs of shorts a couple of weeks ago, then it dropped to 2 pairs when i found that 1 was now way too big, now its just down to 1 pair of shorts as the other pair are now too baggy lol and iv never even worn them haha.

hey lynn, how are you today? you have done soo incredible so far!!!
my mum is diabetic and is trying to lose weight too, she was offered the injection but she is really skeptical about it.
fingers crossed for you getting to 13.9 xxxx

Hiya Sarah!

I hit 13.9lb this morning!!!!!!!! woohoo!!!!! im now officially overweight lol and it feels great haha.

If your mum was offered the Byetta injection, and she seriously wants to lose weight then all i can say is that she should jump at the chance. Its an expensive drug and not all doctors are willing to prescribe, so she is lucky that her doc will consider it. It isnt an easy drug to go on though, the nausea was bloody awful for the first 2 months and i still get bouts of it now, but ive lost 3st 10lbs in 3 months, which is just incredible and my bloods are pretty much normal now.

aww, well done lynn on being 13.9. You have really come a long way. :)

I had a call from the holiday company this morning, ive been chasing them up for my tickets. They rang to tell me the fight i was booked on is overbooked gahhh! But its not all disaster, im now flying from Heathrow instead of Gatwick, and the flight is a little earlier, leaving at 5pm instead of 7pm. My concern was that i had paid for meet and greet parking at gatwick which is a local firm to gatwick and cant be transferred, so the company has paid for meet and greet at Heathrow for me (which is a lot more expensive as it turns out). The other problem is that it flies into Tunis instead of Monastir, which was really close to the resort, so ive no idea how long the transfer will take, they said an hour but i think they were trying to pacify me at the time lol.

Actually Heathrow is better for me, its 45 miles instead of 75 miles to Gatwick, but i have to go up the M4 to get there and its Reading festival this weekend and the M4 is going to be bloody awful. I just need to find a route that takes me to the other side of Reading before i hit the M4 i guess.

What a miserable day today! How can this be August with this awful weather. Still, its hot in Tunisia :)

Well done Lynn!!!! That's fab weight loss, and change in BMI so pleased for you and for a happy start to your holiday. Shame, about all the changes with the flight details, but it's best getting all the hiccups out of the way before you go.

Weather has been awful here today too, wish I was back in the sunshine. Are you all packed yet?

Hi Healthy! hope the head is better today, migraine is miserable.

Mostly packed now, ill just put the bits that will crease in last.

Just got back from the doctors, she is delighted with my blood test results, apart from one. Bloods are down to almost normal on the long term reading, bad cholestrol is way below the normal limits (fantastic, it was off the scale last time lol) but good cholestrol is also way below the limit, and my good cholestrol reading was always good before. It doesnt take a genius to work it out though, i mean ive been surviving on so little food for 3 months now, so soemthing had to give, besides the weight that is lol. So im on doctors orders to eat oily fish, which i have started doing this week anyway. Now that the nausea has let up a lot i can start thinking about eating a piece of fish now in the evening and i love it anyway.

She is still very happy with the rate at which ive lost weight, but she said she would expect it to slow down now. Not if I have anything to do with it it wont haha. Anyway, i dont have to go back till November now, and by then i shouldnt be too far off target.

Ohh the other thing is she has now prescribed the full dose Byetta, kill or cure time lol. Im not gonna start using it till i get back from Tunisia though.

Wow that is amazing Lynn, to be given a clean bill of health must feel great and your family must be so happy! Think it's wise to keep off the full dose until your back from hols. You're going to reach your target i would bet on it, you have been through so much to get where you are there is no wU you'll let up til you get there now. So happy for you!

I read last week that tinned tuna isn't an oily fish it has to be eaten as a tuna steak to count! I bet everyone else knew this other than me! I'm so rubbish with nutrion knowledge but I'm learning!

Tuna is only oily when you add mayo lol, in fact tuna is a great fish to eat, really low in calories and so good for you, especially fresh tuna steak, it may not be as oily as say salmon is, but its still a good source of omega3, but it also has lots of other good nutrients in it too. Its pretty expensive though, i bought 2 small pieces last week that cost almost a fiver. Salmon is so cheap on other hand, especially when i buy a whole one from Tesco on special offer! I fillet it then cut into small steaks, a whole salmon can go a very long way for about £12 or £15.

Yes im really delighted with my results from the doc, as is she, finally im getting good readings, and the good cholestrol issue will be easy to resolve.

Ive made a new mini goal today, want to hit that 4st off figure! but im not sure when i will do it by, hopefully before i go to Cornwall on 10th Sept. The thing is I dont know whats going to happen next week food wise. Ive made up my mind that i will do the byetta in the mornings only, if the nausea kicks in i dont think i could handle it in the heat. Its forcast to be 38c on Saturday - wonderful!

Its really funny you know, Ive never been on an all inclusive holiday before, so this is not great timing to go on one lol. I rarely drink alcohol, and i currently eat very little, so im going to place with unlimited booze and food haha. My intention is to eat fruit for breakfast and lunch, and grilled fish and salad in the evening (pretty much what i do now), but without the byetta to prop me up in the evenings, im not sure how its gonna work out. Now that ive hit the 29.9 bmi, the last thing that i want to happen is to go over 30 again. Im not greatly worried about it though, what will be will be, and its my holiday so i want to feel relaxed and not be worrying whether the weight goes up or not. But i know how easy it is to gain 7lb in a weeks holiday, and i really dont want that to happen. I think going over the 14 st mark again will hurt a lot more than hitting 30 bmi again.

Funnily enough i think my biggest challenge will be food on the airplane going out. I absolutley love airplane food lol, it looks so perfectly presented. 3 little courses all packed up in small package, in its individual wrappings. If i have food on my plate that i dont want to eat (when we go out for a meal for instance) i palm it off onto my husband so that he will eat it and its no longer a temptation. I wonder what reaction I would get from a perfect stranger sat next to me if i start handing my uneaten food over lol. I guess the easiest thing would be to refuse it to start with. Its only a 3 hour flight so im not gonna starve in that time. Ideally if i could just have an apple in my bag, then i would eat that to stop me getting hungry, but i dont think you can take food out of the country unless its strictly controlled with a permit. Maybe ill just sneak one in and see if i get caught with it.

Officially on holiday now! Today was a working day, but i just had to finish up some reports and send them off, so was working at home (its a great life lol). Could not get a vrac signal on my work laptop so had to drive to a town and park up while my laptop did its thing. Then i went into the town and got my haircut, got my eyebrows threaded (painful, but very effective) then had my eyebrows and eyelashes tinted, so i look beautiful now lol. Will spend the afternoon at Nirvana tomorrow, and then im getting my spray tan tomorrow evening. Ohhh its all so exciting! I dont think i will sleep till saturday lol.

Back