M-Mouse's Droppings

m-mouse

Not very good at this!
Hi everyone. I am a classic yo yo dieter and have lost weight in the past but I was starting to struggle to lose this time around so I thought I would try the Dukan diet because I like to have rules but not to have to weigh everything.

The Dukan site told me to try Attack for 3 days and said that my true weight was 11.4.

I am following a bit of an odd pattern; I work full time but two days per week from home so I am doing PV Mon & Tues, PP Weds & Thurs, PV Friday and then PP over the weekend.

I was a bit disappointed with my 1 lb loss this week, but it is better than nothing, and I did have a cheese sandwich on Thursday :(

I am a bit confused about which veg I can have - is my butternut squash ok? The book has a limited list but the web seems to think we can have others?

I did 5 days on attack and then moved into the cruise phase. I am quite creative in the kitchen so I hope I can come up with some ideas to share.

Oh and I have added complications - gastric problems, so I am not meant to eat full meals because my guts can't cope with them, and I struggle to eat high fibre veg although I love them.

Last edited:
with regards to your GI problems perhaps rather than Breakfast Lunch Dinner + snacks like we do, you could break down your 3 square meals into 6 smaller meals?....thus not overloading your system...

I find this helps me more with hunger pangs and cravings.. having little nibbles of dukan friendly meals throughout the day...

things to note from your menu on the daily menus thread...

pv days: lunch and dinner need to include protein and veg at each sitting

and if your GI problems cause you not to be able to drink much also - try carrying around a litre bottle of water with you during the day and just sipping - it's easy then to ensure you're drinking the correct amount...

good luck Mouse :)...xxx

Good luck - not sure about the squash - Jo????

Butternut squash is fine... but, as Sarah says, it's a high protein diet so protein needs still to be in a majority for each meal on PV...

Thank you everyone for your kind help. I have this great cutter thing that cuts my veg into spaghetti type strings so I could with a lot of imagination, almost imagine I was eating pasta!

sounds great Mouse....

I've read on here that people advocate using cabbage leaves for lasagne sheets! haven't tried that yet though - but I love lasagne so have to get around to it at some point :)

PV 'pizza' recipe - quite a lot of effort really so not sure if it's really worth it.

Base
2tbsp oat bran
1 tbsp wheat bran
1 egg
pepper

Mix and then put into a round silicon sponge 'tin'. Bake at 180 for about 15 mins until quite crispy.

Tom sauce

cook 1 onion, 1 clove garlic and a carton of passata. REduce the sauce until quite thick and then blitz if required.

Cover base in some tom sauce then mushrooms and chicken pieces and then dot with 30g extra light philly. Return to the oven for 10 - 25 mins.

Save the remaining tom sauce for another day.

I'll let you know if it was worth it when I have eaten it!

Well, it was good - not as nice as a proper pizza but good. The base came out a bit like wholemeal pitta bread. I will definitely make again. I took a photo as requested, but unfortunately after I had eaten 3/4 of it!! However my little posting rules box says I can't add attachments - maybe I need to have made more posts first?

Well not sure I could kid myself that cabbage leaves were lasagne - but hey I love cabbage anyway so I may try that at the weekend.

I have just done two office days PP and now will have 2 at home days on PP. I think it is almost easier to do PP - then I don't need to worry about how appropriate my veg are. Talking of which, I have some mange tout in the garden that need to be picked - I know I sholdn't have peas, but are mange tout ok?

I fell totally stuffed now after my pizza, so find it hard to believe that I will have lost any weight overnight!

PV 'pizza' recipe - quite a lot of effort really so not sure if it's really worth it.

Base
2tbsp oat bran
1 tbsp wheat bran
1 egg
pepper

Mix and then put into a round silicon sponge 'tin'. Bake at 180 for about 15 mins until quite crispy.

Tom sauce

cook 1 onion, 1 clove garlic and a carton of passata. REduce the sauce until quite thick and then blitz if required.

Cover base in some tom sauce then mushrooms and chicken pieces and then dot with 30g extra light philly. Return to the oven for 10 - 25 mins.

Save the remaining tom sauce for another day.

I'll let you know if it was worth it when I have eaten it!

here it is (what was left of it)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 1,674
Well the scales went down this morning after all I ate yesterday! It is a very dreary day here, but I am trying to concentrate on my work so that I don't get distracted and want to eat. It can be quite painful living right by the villge shop - it is very easy to pop over for a bun or a bar of chocolate!

I went out into the garden this morning to check on my squash and pumpkin patch and came across a couple of dead birds, so maybe if I feel hungry I will think of them and it will put me off!

The wet weather has been really good for the squashes - some of them are enormous; there are also some mange tout that need picking, but I think I will save them for my next PV day - Friday. I am doing a bit of a funny pattern to coincide with when I am in the office. 2/2/1/, because I feel a bit self conscious tucking into just meat/fish in the office.

My gastroenterologist was going to arrange for me to see a dietician but I haven't heard anything so I am not sure whether or not to chase, it as I don't want them to tell me to stop, because I'm sure I feel better for not scoffing all those carbs - until recently, due to the GI problems I was existing mainly on oat cakes and crackers - it's quite amazing how many calories you can scoff in a day when eating oat cakes!!

Goodness me yes... I do sympathise at your proximity to the village shop too! When I first started dieting, the only way I could guarantee arriving home without having bought anything from the numerous shops and takeaways on my route home was to carry no money! haaaa! Short of shoplifting, no choice! No extras!

I've googled "mange tout" in France and it seems the jury is out... while instinctively I'd have said "no" because of their pea connection, when you look at the carb content, it's lower than carrots (which are restricted, it's true, to once a day only). Perhaps try them once?

I regularly grate courguettes in long strips for tagliatelle and I aside from their not being al dente, I'd never know! 2 mins microwave!

i want to live in a village with a little shop and a veg patch :( sounds idyllic :D
p.s. pizza looks yum

Mmm I have a glut of courgettes so I will try that - although I may do the cutting ith my Spirali cutter. I will try the mange tout and let you know if there is any adverse affect.

i want to live in a village with a little shop and a veg patch :( sounds idyllic :D
p.s. pizza looks yum

- and cats that I bought to get the mice - but they just bring them in the house and kill the birds! I'm not sure my 16 year old daughter likes living here though, as it is a real effort for her to get anywhere -oh well!

I love it though - we are near the New Forest and often when I drive to and from the station for work I come across donkeys and foals and ponies all over the road, and also big hairy cows with great big horns!

well we were trying to convince Vicky to move southward... and puppies could be moved very easily...

the New Forest is a gorgeous area! all those ponies roaming FREE...

well we were trying to convince Vicky to move southward... and puppies could be moved very easily...

the New Forest is a gorgeous area! all those ponies roaming FREE...

it's the donkey foals that get me - they are just adorable. this picture was taken from the car on the way home one night.

Attachments

• June2010 117.jpg
    June2010 117.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 68
Back