M-Mouse's Droppings

I found senna tabets worked a treat the other day - just as well I steered clear of the powdered stuff the hospital gave me as well :)

Pleased to meet you too Sarah

OK I have just put some mini cheesecake/custard type affairs in the oven - let's wait and see how they come out. They are a bit like the controversial cheesecake recipe but without all that cheese.

1 1/2 tubs 0% greek yoghurt (this is the amount I had in the fridge)
a drop of vanilla essence
1 egg
30 philly extra light
1 tbspn sweetener

mix together and put in silicon muffin tray and bake until cooked - not sure how long that will be but I will check after 15 mins. The idea is then to let them cool but I may have to have one while still warm.

confession of the day - I licked the jug out, even though it had raw egg in it :)

yuk - not my best experiment :0

any ideas if it could be tweaked for better results? what was wrong with it? taste ? texture?

it just tasted a bit sort of sour - so perhaps more sweetener - more cheese would be an improvement and perhaps some double cream and some chocolate on top!

it just tasted a bit sort of sour - so perhaps more sweetener - more cheese would be an improvement and perhaps some double cream and some chocolate on top!

I'm tempted to try that cheesecake recipe...but I'll hold off 'til Friday :)

When's your WI day Manda?

Monday. Yes I took the 6 in one go - just glad I didn't take the powder too, although it wasn't that dramatic!

Are you going to make the controversial cheesecake? My pud might have been better with a muller instead of natural yoghurt.

Re: controversial cheesecake- I think I might try it....in the hope that although not "great" it's perhaps more dukan friendly than splurgeing on something "else" on the weekend (my hardest time) :eek:

we'll see...

Re: Senna - I'll take another 2 tonight at bedtime and hopefully that should sort it :)

Yeah honey - most folks disappear off here in the evenings - either travelling home from work or cooking dinners etc...

Just got back from bake-athon here... :)

I have been working at home today & tomorrow but will be quiet Friday, in the office.

Night - hope the bake-athon wsn't too torturous!

Morning everyone; feeling quite ketosy this morning - I think - kind of spaced out. This is supposed to be good isn't it, as it means I'm going to burn fat?

Another horrible day here but I will try and venture out when the rain stops at some point to pick some stuff from the garden for my PV day tomorrow.

well I had a bit more success with my experimenting today - Oatbran Surprise - the surprise being that because I used all my egg allowance for breakfast and I have no greek yoghurt, I didn't know what I was going to do with it.

So, Dukan Oatcakes

2 tbspn oatbran
1 tbspn wheatbran
30g philly extra light
1 tbspn water

Mix together and then spoon into silicon muffin cases - about a tspn in each one. spread the mixture out in the cases.

Bake at 180 for about 15 mins - I cooked mine for 10 and thought they could have done with a bit longer. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

I had them with smoked mackerel pate that I made yesterday from mackerel & yoghurt. Yum.

Interesting idea...

I do have a cheesecake recipe but it contains six eggs so I've made it!

For weekend treats, I used to make a yoghurt cake...
two fat free fruit flavoured yoghurt (in the Muller Lite I s'pose in UK - if using vanilla, you could add instant coffee),
one egg (separated)
one tablespoon cornflour (tolerated)

Preheat oven to 150°C. Separate egg. Mix other ingredients together. Whisk egg white firmly, incorporate, into other ingredients and into oven quickly before you lose your air... About 20 mins... or until top colours.

It'll rise... it'll collapse when you take it out of oven... BUT you can slice it... and I quite liked it!

put it on a galette "pastry crust" and put Dukan meringue (egg white + powdered sweetener only) on the top when nearly cooked for an alternative!

Back