MAC Cosmetics - worth the money?

Oh God how I love MAC, I love the professional finish you get with their products. I'd say treat yourself to an eyeshadow here, a lipgloss there before you know it you'll have quite the collection building.

When it comes to foundation though, I like Estee Lauder Double Wear best of all.

I'm a MAC convert, my beauty therapist recommended it to me and when I went to Florida I had a MAC make up, if I knew it wouldn't have resulted in divorce I'd have bought the lot!!
I use Pro longwear foundation and concealer, but want the primer and a mascara, trouble is I never go to Gunwharf and next closest is Bournemouth which is about 30miles or more away - long way to go for make up and I like to try so no good buying online

I do like MAC,I have quite a few brushes,about 25 blushes,a few msf's and a couple of foundations and concealers BUT I dont think they're the best IMO. Their packaging sucks and they bring out too many collections,a lot of the SA's are quite snobby(not all) and they are quite pricey. I love ALL makeup,if I find a cheap product that works then I buy it.I also love Estee Lauder and Dior but only when I get money for presents Lol.

I adore MAC!! I use MAC everything and have done for about 12 years, I do also use illamasqua and I use lancome mascara. To be honest these days MAC isn't too much more expensive than a lot of the more high street brands and I think they are much better quality, and the way I look at it is that I have to live with this face forever so I need to look after it!! MAC has SPF in it too. If you love MAC you definitely need to try out illamasqua too :)

I love Mac, the mascara is the best, the lippys are fab too and the eyeshadows.. My makeup bag is 90% mac.... so worth the money :)

i need a great lasting face powder to just go over my foundation and stop the shine all day- any advice about the mac products? i have body shop eyeliner, foundation, bronzer and bronzer brushes and blusher brushes. the body shop are great tbh but they dont do enough variation in the colours in lipstick xxxx

Hi most of my makeup is mac ! In fact the only things that aren't are eye-shadows these are bobby brown and then some Chanel lipglosses !

If ur looking for powder try mac mineralize powder. U dust it on over ur foundation but it can also just b dated over ur natural face if ur shin is having a good day ! It comes in a variety of shades and I luv mine !

Go to the mac counter and have some pamper done !!

i would love to but i dont have a mac store anywhere near me :( xxx

Mac is my staple. Built up an eyeshadow and blush/beauty powder palette and swear by the studio fix fluid and mineralised skin finish (natural for setting and others for multiuse including a highlighter) also swear by the 187 brush

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I swear by MAC's studio moisture tint foundation! It's the only tinted moisturiser I can find light enough and that doesn't leave me with a shiny face after a couple of hours of wear. I fact all my make up bag seems to be MAC these days apart from touché éclat x

Yes and No... I am a firm believer that you can't get all your make up from one make up brand. Mac Mascara is disappointing in comparison to other mascaras with the same price tag (Lancome/Dior), their foundation and lipsticks however are absolutely fantastic, again I've found better bronzers to suit my taste, but their powder is brilliant.

I suggest you go for a Mac Makeover, if you book one then normally you pay and then get products up to that value. I went and I had a shopping list of things I loved, but then again some things I wasn't so keen on. Well worthwhile!!

Agree with the above :)
I personally love the MAC products I own and don't regret spending the money on them.
The products I would recommend are the eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks and brushes. For the price they're really good and the best thing imo is the wide colour range. I think if you enjoy make up MAC is a good investment, great colour choices and good quality.

I've only tried the eyeliner in a little tub which was given to me as a gift and I really liked that. After seeing the high praise on here I may invest in it.... Do they make a decent eyelash curler? Been struggling to find a good one.

The lipsticks, lipglosses, blushers and powders are all definitely worth it. To be honest, the lipsticks are £13.50 are only a couple of pound more expensive than some L'Oreal ones. They smell devine and have good staying power too.

Back