MAC Cosmetics - worth the money?

I love Mac! I do not wear foundation, but I use their other products. The eyebrow pencil is very good for defining eyebrows and winds up, so you don't have to worry about sharpening it. I also like to use their eyeshadow along with their brush to fill in my eyebrows and I use their concealor as a highlight to make sure they are defined.

It is expensive, but worth it; they have the B2M offer where you give back 5 empty containers or something like that and receive a free lipstick. Just a warning, be weary of buying Mac from ebay- they sell a lot of fake products.

I also adore MAC and have a HUGE collection of it lol.

I have my own YouTube channel so you can see video tutorials that I have made and also a video of my make-up collection as well as little reviews on MAC products. I also post swatches of MAC products on my blog sometimes.

I don't only like MAC, I love all make-up so I use and talk about other brands too. If anyone is interested in having a look my username on YouTube is latinainglesa, same as here so if you search for that you should find them.

Or if you want to ask me about any make-up stuff here then please feel free. It was acually one of my viewers on YouTube that directed me to this forum as I also do my weight-loss video diary on there.

Jo
xxx

Oh and I also want to say please beware of Ebay and MAC, there are so many fakes on there, you wouldn't believe how much they look like the real thing! As a general rule, if it's much cheaper then it's probably fake.

I also have a video talking about how to spot fake MAC and I have links on there to info on how to spot if you have a fake product on your hands.

HTH someone,

Jo
xxx

ahh god MAC is AMAZING! i find their concealer absolutely brill - it is WELL worth the expense - so is bare essentuals make up - they were the first to do mineral makeup andnot just a little bit mineral and then talc and everything else chucked in but 100% minerals unlike many of the normal ones in shops like maybelline and that, they say it's mineral makeup but you only need like 5% mineral to say it is and then you can chuck in whatever you want. Like sausages only needing to be 5% meat or something.

I would definately recommend getting a make over - especially if you're goingo na big night out.

In Kingston, London they have an amazing MAC counter team - all specially trained (think Toni and Guy) always go there when I'm having a night out and want to look "WOWZA". Though be warned - there is ALWAYS a massive herd of women wanting the same great stuff :) xx

I agree with all your posts. MAC is definitely well worth the money (although not for mascara as someone else pointed out, I find cheaper mascara's much better than expensive brands).

The pigment eyeshadows last all day unlike cheaper brands which seem to slide off.

i totally agree... The only other make up that agrees with my skin is Bare Escentials, and even then, only 1 or 2 products..

Just another post to say that MAC is worth it. It has actually been a lot better for my skin that Clinique, lasts a long time & gives brilliant coverage/looks. I would also say that the Matte Gel is worth looking into! I couldn't live without it now. :)

I went in to town yesterday to buy a Clinique mascara and as there was no actual Clinique assistant was totally hijacked from a Smashbox representative, she gave me a really lovely make-over - I did ask where her company put themselves with regard to other brands she said they put themselves alongside Mac but there products were even better quality!:D

The mascara I bought is a gem! and as for the eyebrow filler inner (SP?!) and a gel that makes them stay put - amazing!

Have to disagree with Rainbowfrank and say that the eyeshadows are fantastic! Great colours, not too much sparkle and good staying power.

MAC = AMAZING! Im a MUA and i love there products, the mascara zoom lash is amazing, the shadows are also my faves. Also the lipsticks, they have nearly every shade.

And the main thing that i would tell anyone to invest in is the MAC Brushes. The better the brush the better the application. Try buying a blending brush from MAC wow its my fave brush. I couldnt live without it!

Ive wrote so much! Shows how much I LOVE MAC :D

I totally agree with the others, SO worth the money. I recommend if you have an outlet shopping centre near you which has a cosmetics store giving that a go. We have one in Portsmouth which sells designer/professional cosmetics at as much as 50% cheaper than the RRP!! I get most of my makeup from there! xxx

Is there?? Where abouts is that, Gunwharf?? would be great to know
thanks x

mac make up is definatly worth the money!! you should definatly invest and try it out! :)

I am a MAC whore! It's definitely worth the money as the products are so well made. Word of warning though, the foundations are known fro causing skin-breakouts (I suspect due to the SPF) so be careful. I have a huge collection of MAC make-up and would definitely say the eyeshadows, mineralize skinfinishes, eyebrow pencils,pigments, eyeliners andpowders are the best.
I have to say though that in my opinion, NARS do the best blushers and Urban Decay make the best eyeshadows, but MAC are a close second for those items!
Go to any MAC counter and they will happily give you free samples of most products.
MAC fix+ is also a great make-up setting spray and facial mist that no girl should be without!

Forgot to add, MAC brushes are good, but can be prone to shedding, so be careful when washing/cleaning them.
My all time-fave brush is definitely the MAC 109. Great for aplying foundation, blending and buffing. A real all-rounder.
The MAC 187 brush is also ace for applying powder foundation, such as MAC studio fix.

Yes worth money. Brill make up and colours and last ages compared to cheap brands. X

Back