Macaroni Cheese

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sugarlove, 11 January 2010 Social URL.

1. sugarlove

sugarlove Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Anyone know of any low syn brands, either tinned or frozen? I love the stuff!:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Marshalls Cheesy Macaroni (in the blue box) is FREE on a green or EE day :)... its absolutely gorgeous and a massive size portion. That was one of my faves on SW.... that with grated cheese as one of my HEX

Make sure its the Cheesey stuff though (boxed not tubs that you add water to like Pot Noodles) and the Saucy variety isnt free

Marshalls Foods Limited - Scottish Pasta

Last edited: 11 January 2010
  4. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    The lowest syn I can suggest is a homemade one on a green day using both HEAs. Here's what I do

Boil some elbow macaroni, while its cooking heat up 250ml semi skimmed milk in a saucepan, mix 1 tbsp cornflour (3.5 syns) and stir well until thickened. Season with salt, pepper and a bit of fresh grated nutmeg. Grate 42g reduced fat mature cheese and stir half of it into the white sauce. Add to the macaroni, stir well and pour into a baking dish. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and bake for 30 minutes on 180C until golden brown on top.

An even easier method is to make up a packet of batchelor's pasta & sauce (mild cheese and broccoli) and you can then transfer into a baking dish and sprinkle with cheese and bake as above.

If you grate the cheese on a fine microplane grater it goes a loooong way!

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh and Asdas Good for you Macaroni is nice too, its only about 3.5 Syns... but not a patch on Marshalls ;)

6. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Bachelor's Pasta n Sauce cheese and broccoli is 0.5 syn

ORRRR... I cook lots of plain pasta then add my HEa Laughing Cow Light triangles and a little bit of pasta water until it goes all goopy and cheesy. Syn free so long as you have a HEX free!

7. sugarlove

sugarlove Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks for the good ideas
    :eek:

8. Mel2

Mel2 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Half a pot of Quark mixed with a raw egg and 42g low fat cheese with loads of salt and pepper makes a nice free cheesey sauce for pasta.

9. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I really like Morrison's Eat Smart (4 syns) and Tesco's Light Choices (5.5 syns) chilled ones.
    The Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself tinned one is 5 syns, but I've not tried it yet :)

10. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World

11. Lynne_K

Lynne_K Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.01%)
    Diet:
    SW - Extra Easy
    I love this thread! Macaroni cheese is (another) one of my achillies heels. I bought the Pasta & Sauce once last night on the off chance that it was low-syn - hurrah!

12. stephie0611

stephie0611 needs to focus!!!!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i love macaroni also, its definitely my favourite food mmmmmmm!!!! Does anybody know if Sainsburys do a low syn microwave one, as i fancy one for lunch and thats the only shop ive got near my work. xx

ps just had a look online and looks like its just the canned one at 5 syns or the chilled one at 6 syns.

13. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I remember in the olden days tinned macaroni cheese was free on green!! I think they've changed that because they're pushing the healthy eating a lot more nowadays and it probably wasn't that healthy! LOL! Corned beef used to be free on red days too which I always thought was a strange one- surely all those white bits were fat?!!X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.