Maccalenny's diary

I did enjoy it.... The most up ud I've had, but I still had that food deprived feeling from the night before. So, rather than battling it and still feeling deprived, which is the way countless diets have ended, I decided to just eat what I felt like. Turned out I felt like eating quite a lot, most of which was emotional rather than physical hunger. But that feeling is out of my system.....love juddd!.... And all set for a good dd today.

Im hoping the jillian michaels DVDs will arrive tomorrow, so I can start tomorrow night. Today just a gentle yoga session I think. Food today will be a pot of skinny soup, split into two small meals, then the veggies part of the family's Sunday roast later.

That's the best thing about JUDD, there's no need to feel guilty! I seriously love it lol x

Today I used the mfp app to keep an record of my cals a bit more accurately than I usually do. I realised I was going to to a bit low, so I had a wholemeal pitta with the 2nd half of soup. Maybe not the best use of cals but it was nice! The app has also made me think how low my protein is on dds, so I'm adding a few prawns to the veggies at tea.

I think I might use the app a few times on uds too, just to check what my cals are, as I really have no idea, having never calorie counted.

The dd is going well, no massive feeling of hunger as yet. Hope it keeps going!

The my fitness thing has been really useful. I hadn't really register how a couple of cups of tea with milk was cutting into my calories. There's lots of other things I could enjoy for 50 cals, and I often drink herbal tea anyway so I think I will stick to those in future and enjoy a few more veggies or a bit of crust away bread I've heard others mention.

Thats my dd done now, as I don't tend to eat after tea. A lazy evening in front of the tv then an early night.

hope everyone else's day has gone well!

I love My fitness pal app, I cannot believe its free! I keep meaning to use it on up days but with the amount of food I eat, I'd end up spending one hour logging it :eek:.

The my fitness thing has been really useful. I hadn't really register how a couple of cups of tea with milk was cutting into my calories. There's lots of other things I could enjoy for 50 cals, and I often drink herbal tea anyway so I think I will stick to those in future and enjoy a few more veggies or a bit of crust away bread I've heard others mention.

Thats my dd done now, as I don't tend to eat after tea. A lazy evening in front of the tv then an early night.

hope everyone else's day has gone well!

I find it useful too, and it's soo easy to use

I love My fitness pal app, I cannot believe its free! I keep meaning to use it on up days but with the amount of food I eat, I'd end up spending one hour logging it :eek:.

I can't believe it's free either. I love it for up days and down days. Makes you think about what you're eating (and how you 'spend' your calories) and has such a huge range of food already logged.

I am another mfp fan too expecially the app which i think is easier than the website. I even used it while in the co op to see if bluberries were as low in calories as strawberries and rspberries LOL before i bought them (they aren't !)

I am not an UP day counter either and for me I know counting on up days would put me off the whole thing but i know it works for some and yes i would be on the app all day if i counted every bit on up days !! :)

Yes, my app is rather busy on up days. Some up days you just end up blindly guessing if you're eating out and having alcohol etc but I like to keep a rough track. I don't use it to limit myself, more to be aware of how many calories are in things. It's helped me to see how I managed to get so overweight in the first place when I see how many calories are in pizza, garlic bread etc I was the carb queen.

I think I'll be using it the same.....just to keep a check from time to time of the dodgier bits of my diet!

today was nice...toast and honey, tuna salad, corner yoghurt, a scotch pancake, haddock in lime butter with roast veggies and lentils. Might have a bit of dark choc before bed.

The scary bit... My DVDs have arrived so when I've digested my dinner a bit I'm going for day 1 of shred. My legs are aching already today...not sure why....so I won't even be able to move afterwards! And tomorrow morning:eek:

I think I'll be using it the same.....just to keep a check from time to time of the dodgier bits of my diet!

today was nice...toast and honey, tuna salad, corner yoghurt, a scotch pancake, haddock in lime butter with roast veggies and lentils. Might have a bit of dark choc before bed.

The scary bit... My DVDs have arrived so when I've digested my dinner a bit I'm going for day 1 of shred. My legs are aching already today...not sure why....so I won't even be able to move afterwards! And tomorrow morning:eek:

Good luck with the shred!

:argh:

Day 1 done!

actually it was tough but really good.....so so sooooo much better than a dancey aerobic thing.
i did stop a few seconds before them a few times, and did the easier version at times, but I got through!

so now....quick review of aching body parts! Feet a bit tired. Calves and thighs are going to hurt tomorrow. Knees hurt a bit. Arms and shoulders feel heavy. Neck is tight. Abs...can't really feel them yet. The ab exercises are crunches which I find hard due to a neck injury so i probably did not do them very well, might do a variation on them tomorrow.

All in all, pretty good! And I didn't find her too annoying (yet) and am quite looking forward to tomorrow! As this is the first aerobic exercise I've done in 18 months, since I got plantar fasciitis, I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

maccalenny said:
:argh:

Day 1 done!

actually it was tough but really good.....so so sooooo much better than a dancey aerobic thing.
i did stop a few seconds before them a few times, and did the easier version at times, but I got through!

so now....quick review of aching body parts! Feet a bit tired. Calves and thighs are going to hurt tomorrow. Knees hurt a bit. Arms and shoulders feel heavy. Neck is tight. Abs...can't really feel them yet. The ab exercises are crunches which I find hard due to a neck injury so i probably did not do them very well, might do a variation on them tomorrow.

All in all, pretty good! And I didn't find her too annoying (yet) and am quite looking forward to tomorrow! As this is the first aerobic exercise I've done in 18 months, since I got plantar fasciitis, I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Fab!! You do feel so much better once you've done it don't you?
The thing I found difficult on level 1 was the push ups lol I can't do push ups to save my life!! X

ooo shred! I applaud you doing this! I don't know too much about it but I've heard a lot of people talking about it.

2nd day done!
felt a bit tougher, because my legs were achy from yesterday. But not bad at all, I did actually enjoy it, which was a nice surprise.
Ud today...toast and honey, prawn and haddock rice salad, pizza, jam tart and custard. Mmmmmmm!!!

dd tomorrow. I'm thinking I will do a yoga session tomorrow, rather than shred. I am aiming at 3 shreds on mon, tues, thurs. a bit of yoga on weds, fri, sun, and a rest day on Saturday. But this is not too strict, as I don't want to get too focused on the exercise, because if I do and then it lapses I know I'll struggle with the juddd as well. So while I'm enjoying the exercise I'm going to go for it, but if I start going off it I'll ease off. I want to keep the focus on the juddd.

Back