Maccalenny's diary

dd is going well. I bought some ryvita and laughing cow cheese triangles having seen a few other people mention them. I like stronger flavours...I think they make me feel like Im eating more! - so I got the ryvita with chili and the blue cheese laughing cows. Had 2 ryvita for lunch, with 2 laughing cows, a few little tomatoes, some cucumber and a pickled onion. Felt well fed afterwards, and they tasted great. About 160 calories i reckon. I'm having some miso soup now, about 18 cals, then a quorn cottage pie again tonight, with veggies and a drop of gravy - about 300 if I have plenty of veg!

I've just done a Yogalates dvd (mixture of yoga and pilates) which I really enjoyed. It's short workouts like the shred, which suits me, I get bored really quick in exercise dvds. It looks gentle but doesn't feel it - my abs hurt more from that than from Shred. THere are 3 20 min routines on the dvd, so i can do each one once a week, with 3 shreds in between.

I find that although my dds usually go well, I still feel a bit anxious before them and at times in the middle of them, like I'm worried I might feel ill, get a migraine, etc. I suppose as I do more, and they continue to go well, I'll feel more confident going into them. At the moment my heart sinks a bit when I wake up and remember its a dd. Which is silly as I'm not missing out on anything, just postponing it by a day!

Well done on your loss and enjoy today. And well done on keeping going with the shred.:)

THanks! I do enjoy the Shred, but am a bit worried about making my knees really sore and not being able to carry on with it at all. So 3 times a week max, I reckon.

maccalenny said:
dd is going well. I bought some ryvita and laughing cow cheese triangles having seen a few other people mention them. I like stronger flavours...I think they make me feel like Im eating more! - so I got the ryvita with chili and the blue cheese laughing cows. Had 2 ryvita for lunch, with 2 laughing cows, a few little tomatoes, some cucumber and a pickled onion. Felt well fed afterwards, and they tasted great. About 160 calories i reckon. I'm having some miso soup now, about 18 cals, then a quorn cottage pie again tonight, with veggies and a drop of gravy - about 300 if I have plenty of veg!

I've just done a Yogalates dvd (mixture of yoga and pilates) which I really enjoyed. It's short workouts like the shred, which suits me, I get bored really quick in exercise dvds. It looks gentle but doesn't feel it - my abs hurt more from that than from Shred. THere are 3 20 min routines on the dvd, so i can do each one once a week, with 3 shreds in between.

I find that although my dds usually go well, I still feel a bit anxious before them and at times in the middle of them, like I'm worried I might feel ill, get a migraine, etc. I suppose as I do more, and they continue to go well, I'll feel more confident going into them. At the moment my heart sinks a bit when I wake up and remember its a dd. Which is silly as I'm not missing out on anything, just postponing it by a day!

You're doing great with the exercise! I think as time goes on DD's wont bother you at all :)

I used to have that feeling with dd the looming sensation that I am going to feel unwell and a sort of nagging sensation that fasting isn't good for me . But as time has gone by I just don't think about it anymore . Hope this happens for you soon :)

I think you are doing great! We are only human and it is normal to worry sometimes. I hope it gets better for you :bighug:

I do find dd's are getting a lot easier, I don't get headaches anymore. You're doing brill with the shred and well done on another loss x

Couple of steady uds done. Both kids are ill, I've not had much sleep so exercise has slipped a bit! Also knee is still sore. Dd tomorrow, trying not to worry about it!

maccalenny said:
Couple of steady uds done. Both kids are ill, I've not had much sleep so exercise has slipped a bit! Also knee is still sore. Dd tomorrow, trying not to worry about it!

DD for me tomorrow too, we can do it :D

Thanks! I plan when I can, on weds I can't as I eat at work and the choice is limited. Today was 2 pieces of toast, salad with tinned salmon and a bit of pasta. So the most control I have on weds is I skip tea. Then just go to bed early! So I don't eat after 12.30, it seems to work ok although I think I go over the 500 cals at times. But today has been fine, not too hungry now, and I'm going to have an early night.

Even if you do go over the 500 cal you're still going to reap the benefits - I think I remember seeing that you need at least 1000 calorie swing? So as long as you're eating at least 1000 more on an up day that you are on a dd you'll be ok.

Oh I think I'm managing a 1000cal swing! Might even manage 2000 sometimes..... I do want to use the calorie tracker on myfitness to check what I'm getting through on my uds.

So my day off today, usually cleaning and tidying. Today, looking after 2 poorly kids. Sooo much to get ready for Christmas! I'm trying not to stress about it. We're going to Ireland to stay with OHs family, leaving the day after I finish work next week, so I've got to wrap everything, pack, plan what presents to leave here and what light things to take over on the aeroplane.....at least I'm not worrying about the cooking this year!

dd today, feeling much less worried about it so thanks for the calming advice! I'm planning some soup for lunch, and quorn cottage pie with veg for tea. Judging by the scales this week I don't think I'm on for a loss, hoping for sts, but as my eating on uds has been rather 'Christmassy' this week, I'm happy with that! By now on any other year I've probably put on half a stone.

Think we all deserve a pat on the back for dieting BEFORE xmas not after! Usually I would overeat all of Dec, and prob most of Jan too before I gave myself a kick up butt and join some slimming club in feb. Not next year though :)

I empathise with the poorly children We've had our fair share of illness this year - horrible when kiddies miss all the nice xmassy things at school. Hope they feel better soon X

As I thought, a sts for me this week....still 13.7.2. That is the first time I've not lost after a dd, as I was 13.7.2 yesterday morning too. Usually I'm about a lb down.

The true weight app is helping me quite a lot, as there is a steady loss shown there, even though my weekly losses are small. My upper weights are coming down...the highest I've been this week is 13.7.6, the lowest 13.6.6. Two weeks ago, even though my official weight on saturday was 13.7.8, my highest for the week had been 13.9.8. So my weight fluctuations are much less than when I started. I think I'll do a post about it in the general area, see if anyone else is experiencing similar results.

Today I've got a tonne of schoolwork to do....proof reading hundreds of reports....so not much opportunities for exercise! I'll try to do a bit in my breaks. Then I think it might be a curry takeaway later, as we didn't have one last week.

Son is feeling much better now...he must be as he was trying to wind his sister up last night again! She is now poorly, so she didn't notice.... Hopefully they'll all be better for Christmas, and we won't catch it.

Louise thanks for your post, you are right, this is the first time ever that I've dieted before Christmas too! It is going to make the new year so much nicer.

I'm setting myself a target....not something I've done before, as I worry it will put too much pressure on, but I want to make sure I stay on track through this slow patch and over Christmas. So by my birthday, which is 25th January, I want to have seen 12s on the scales. That is just over half a stone in 5 weeks. Would be fine if not for the added challenge of Christmas...we'll see!

Back