• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Mad about GARLIC!

Can't help you with a sauce, but I have a garlic lovers grinder pot from Tesco's which I add to EVERYTHING as I too am slightly addicted to the garlic!

Maybe you could make your own by adding it to low fat yog or fromage frais?

Leesy
xox

hiya

Thanks for that, ive alreasy got one but my fav was chicken in a garlic and herb sauce but i just want that creamy texture, ill try adding it to the fromage frais or low fat greek yogurt.....has anyone tried this..........i dont want that bitter taste! yuk lol

Tonight I won the SW sauces book in the raffle! The nearest thing I can find is Garlic and mushroom but I'm guessing you could adapt it. Here goes....

Garlic and Mushroom sauce

Serves 4
1/2 Syn per serving on Green and Original

10 garlic cloves, unpeeled
Fry light
340g/12oz button mushrooms, chopped
113ml/4 fl oz stock made with Chicken Bovril
4 tbsp buttermilk
4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/Gas mark 4. Place the garlic on a baking sheet, spray with Fry light and bake for 15 minutes or until softened. Remove from the oven and gently squeeze the cloves out of their papery skins into a bowl.

Heat a pan sprayed with Fry light, add the mushrooms and fry until tender. Stir in the chicken stock, bring to the boil and cook for 1-2 minutes.

Allow to cool a little, transfer to a food processor along with the garlic, buttermilk and parsley and blend until nearly smooth. Return to the pan and reheat gently before serving.

TA DA!!

hey thanks ill give it a whirl.........ooooooooooooo i just love garlic. Thanks skinnymalink for that recipe....very kind of you xxx also thanks to Leesy xxx

tried........ish

Well i havent made a sauce but i did stuff a chicken breast with 2 babybel light and chopped garlic then covered it in bacon OMG soooooooooooo nice:D.

I know this must sound really silly but im a part time veggy, im not keen on the flavour of meat by itself,
I dont eat alot of meat so when i do it needs to be flavoured strongly!.....apart from kebabs, shepards pie, pork pie, chicken and mushroom pie! haha if you get my drift!
All bloody fatty food grr:mad:!