Mad Old Bat's exercise diary.

Day 19 on monday. Upper body, which I find easy, and 30 mins wiistep while watching the WC athletics!

I completed the challenge on Wednesday! Then started over on thursday but on medium, and I can tell the difference! " days off as I have visitors, but got up early and did Day 2 and an upperbody workout before they got up this morning, for 297 cals which will offset the chinese last night a bit!

Onto day 5 today and sneaked it upfrom medium to hard as it said it was upper body! Apart that is from endless reps of side and reverse lunges and my quads are quite tender! But that's good! I know I'm working, but I shall go back to medium as I don't want to push my luck! 190 cals!
It's a rest day tomorrow but I'll do something, I look forward to it now! (did I really say that?)

No I just rested! But did Day 6 on Med first thing this morning. I need to get some new trainers, mine are getting a bit worn, and I'll need the extra support and padding when I move up to hard.
The in line skating is finally getting easier!I can cope with the running, but I hate the fast kickups :eek:I'll do a stint on MFC later I think.

Did day 11 on hard yesterday. Why do the days in the second half seem so much easier?
Then half an hour with the dreadful Maya attacking my core! Gosh I can feel my obliques this morning! That's good!

Hi there - new around here and catching up with all the diaries - finding them really inspiring - you've certainly kept up well with the workouts - i've got the Maya person on wii but haven't done it for a while at being going to a gym but keeping hold of it for days i can't get out. Looking forward to hearing more of your success!

Oh bless you darling! I am onto 14 days into Med EASA, but have swapped my cardio MFC to core. I tried a yoga one , but reckon they are dangerous! You can't see what she's doing with your head between your legs!

i love the mfc core, you can really feel it. love upping the pace/difficulty.
just cating up as well with your diary judi and your doing fantastic, can't believe how nuch your pictures look so different wow!!!!

AW thanks! I did Day 15 on Hard yesterday, 178 cals. Only broke sweat at the running at the end. It was mainly upper body. I'm not at work this week so tho I wrenched a toe I'm ok in my trainers, and if I do the next 3 days in a row I'll complete my 2nd 30 day challenge.

Anyone else noticed it says before every workout that "today will be mainly upper body" and then half the time isn't?

Day 18 on Medium, MFC 30 mins core and a custom workout on EASA. Grand total 242.
I lost 0.5" from my bust and 1" from my waist and hips in the last 4 weeks.

I completed my second 30 day challenge, and since then I acquired NewU from fitness first! I did the first workout yesterday and wasn't too fussed to be honest! Only 15 mins and the trainers are "cheesy"! But I did the 2nd today, and my pecs/biceps/triceps are screaming, and too tender to touch! So it's getting to muscles that EASA doesn't! I shall reserve my judgment!

Over the past week I've been doing a workout with NewU on the wii. It's only 20 mins but it has targeted muscles that Sports active doesn't and has me wringing in sweat every day! Certainly toned my legs and abs if the ache is anything to go by! And I add in a longer workout with EASA 3 times a week. It's just a pity the trainers are so cheesy!

You're doing fab hun. Keep at it. Doing workouts definately does do it's damage or job shall i say? ;)

Hiya Judi :wavey:

I have just read your diary - how fab! You seem to be doing so well. Down to this I am going to blow the dust off my Wii tonight... I have MFC and EA Active, so we will see which one jumps into my hands 1st! :D Thanks for inspiring me xx

So I'd done a weeks worthof workouts on NewU, but they all have at least 2 sets of pressups :eek: Real ones! Some with a twist and cat ones :eek::eek:. So today I decided as I use Easa /MFC for the cardio bit to change my options to firstly Pilates, (oh bliss!) and Drop a dress size! Still some pressups on DDS, and it wasn't helped by the batteries on the wiifit board giving out! But I had a go! The Pilates however is a dream! And I can REALLY feel my lower abs! Also did Day 2 on hard on Easa. Really racked up the cals! 179.

So the NewU workouts have been duly done! Sometimes only 1 at 15 mins/night, But I've lost another half inch from both my bust and waist over the past 4 weeks so I'm happy! I can't wait for the new sports active tho and the 6 week challenge!

Another half hour tonight, which saying I only had 4 hours sleep last night because of cramp , I'm rather proud of! They only seem to have started since I did the NewU. Could it have anything to do with it I wonder?

Day off work today (knackered because of so little sleep due to cramp!) Went to GP and highlighted the exercise, but he doesn't think it is that , SO have quinine tabs! Did a 30 min EASA workout this PM to compensate. I missed the arm exs with the resistance band. Can't wait for the new EASA game to come out next month!
I shall start a new 30 day challenge tomorrow!
I'm convinced that my cramp is due to the planks and other balance exs on the balance board on NewU as it's only the last 4 weeks I've suffered.

Back