Mad Old Bat's exercise diary.

My copy of EASA more workouts came yesterday, and I completed Day 1. 34 mins for 152 cals. Then went back to the old one and did a couple of preset workouts. The good thing is you can transport the data over to the new one. So now I'm on the 60 day challenge! Ached abit this morning obviously the single rows hitting their target muscles!:)

Day 2. Only 24 mins today and 112 cals but I can feel my legs with the crossover lunges! I'm abit sceptical about the calorie count as you seem to get alot for the warmup, but the different approach has re-ignited my enthousiasm for exercising, and it did wonders for my shape last time. I'm cr*p at the water skiing! But I rather like the squash, and that incorporates the crossover lunges too. Myadductors ache, and my hamstrings! You have a cool down with stretches and there were reverse crunches and curl ups with punches for my abs. Yes I enjoyed that!

It was a rest day yesterday, so I did Day 3! I really have got back into exercising! It's just like it was when I got the first one!

It was FUN! Boxing, I like the targets and the sparring. The island run will be good when it gets longer. The upper body exs are mainly single sided and I can really feel my muscles today, also my quads. It's a good feeling. 145 cals. I'm glad I went back to medium tho.

I'll see whether I fancy Day four or a preset workout later. I'm intrigued to see what the aerobics workout is.

10 mins easy :eek: abs workout.
10 mins slow step aerobics repeated with the balance board enabled which shows your step accuraccy. total 199 cals for 30 mins!
I shall do the full 30 mins step next time. The 1st 10 mins is basic step plus knee lifts curls kicks with repeaters. I expect the other 2x10 min segments will have you going sideways and turning. Just like a class. I'll stick to the balance board for a while then I'll ask OH to make a stand for it.
OooooH I can feel my abs!

Yesterday I did Day 4. 20 mins 109 cals. Squats! Lots of squats! :eek:

30 mins step aerobics (slow) 246 cals!

I was going to do the easy ab workout, but there are a couple of brawny builders outside the window :eek:

Well after visiting occy health on monday I have been ordered to do 30 mins per day! So I restarted the 60 day challenge with Day 1 on Tues, (lots of cardio!) and as yesterday was a rest day I did the easy 30 minute step routine. I think I'll move up to the medium one as I wasn't really out of breath. Then I threw in some ab work.

Day 2 today plus a 10 min step workout on medium. 198 cals.

I think I'll try the fast step as it wasn't pushing me.

Day 3 today 127.6 cals. The first time I've not reached my projected cals, but I used the wii board and the first half of the cardio boxing didn't register :eek:. It's rather fun as you have to use your knees to hit targets!

Day 4 and also 10 mins of the step on med to make it up to 182 cals.

Day 7/60 upper body 30 mins 120 cals. The single body rows and flys really target the shoulders and back. I like the way you have to sprint to overtake runners running round the island, and the cardio boxing is great, you have to kick and use your knees .(on the board)

It's 9 days since I worked out :eek: but thanks to Shetland Lass I did 30 mins step on Med for 245 cals. I feel SO much better for having done it!

Just had a read of your diary. Wow wow wow! You have got me excited about doing my exercise tonight now! Some of those workouts sound great. I didn't realise you could do all that so going to have a good look at them later. That's if I ever get my husband off his new Call of Duty army-type game on the Wii. . .

Day 8/60 (will I ever catch up?) Lower body workout and my legs feel as if they don't belong to me! Squat lunges to high knees are a killer! This game has far more cardio than the original, or at least it seems that way. Skipping, I'm getting the hang of the water skiing, I wasn't squatting enough. Sprinting, I've never liked running! I did my own boxing combo to bring the cal count up to 153.

Well I was stiff this morning! And it got worse! I decided that squats were not a good idea, so I wimped out and did 30 mins freestep on the Wii while watching Startrek. 125cals. And now my quads are REALLY sore!:eek:

You did not wimp out - wimping out would have been to do nothing at all! Well done you!

My sore thighs have just eased off enough to cope not too badly with day three of my 30 day challenge, but think they will be aching again tomorrow. It's a good ache though, much better than a belly that is aching because it is fit to burst or indigestion or something like that!

Rest day today, but I did the Upper Body workout on hard from MW. 32 mins 102 cals. (give my legs a rest!)

Day 9/60. I really enjoyed it once I got into it. The round the island left me panting and I got a real sweat up :D. The abs were hard today, I can really feel them. Still not convinced I should be doing the leg raises, but I was careful.

Day 10/60. And now I know what made my legs so stiff! Crossover lunges :eek:. I can really feel I've done something! Thats another 133 cals.

I think you actually burn more calories than the Wii says you do. I'm going to wear my heart rate monitor tonight to test my theory and I will report back! Keep up the great work judi and thanks for all the inspiration again :)

Back