Mad Old Bat's exercise diary.

Wore the HRM and I was right - EA Sports said I burned about 203 calories while the HRM said 405. I suppose the HRM counts it the whole time, even in between exercises - AND when you are doing the exercise but the damn Wii doesn't pick it up!

So if you are calorie counting I would double the calorie count on the EA Sports. (Though maybe I shouldn't say this coz folk just might end up eating more!)

Really tired yesterday, I have to be careful and pace myself as my energy levels are not good at the mo (off work) but I was determined to do my 30 mins to boost my serotonin and did 30 mins freestep on the Wii. Not challenging but got my HR up.(saves on heating!)

Day 11 yesterday 151cals
Day 12 today (halfway) Lower body and cardio. Lots of lunges and squats :eek: 145 cals. It says it'll get alot harder in the second half!

So after playing hookey for 4 days :eek: I got the Biggest Loser game in the post this morning. OMG it's like going back to square 1! VERY out of breath and sweating buckets! Just what I need!. Stiffening up already! Even the warmup gets you sweaty, then I did a full body and an upper body workout.Then there's a good stretching session to cool down. I'm not convinced it records everything as well as the More Workouts but we shall see.60 mins in total and I'm buzzing!

No repercussions so I decided to do TBL again. Tried to do day 2 but I couldn't edit my schedule, so I let myself in for a challenge! Tire challenge on light! It consisted of 7x bursts of high knees and tiny jogging steps with your knees bent, and you had to beat the other 7. Which I did! It added up to nearly 7 minutes of going flat out! (with a rest each round) Then I did an easy 20 min core workout. Most of it on the balance board. Lots of lunges and twisting. Lost another pint of sweat! And it said I'd burnt a grand total of26 cals in 28 mins! AS IF! I shall ignore that!
It's certainly putting me in mind of when I first started EASA and thought longingly of the paramedics! Now I don't panic if I get out of breath cos I know it's doing me good! And because it's totally new I'm enthusiastic again.

Day 2 of TBL. Full body, lots of cardio and some yoga , my biceps are still quivering! With the warm up and cool down it came to 39 mins.

Day 3 I did another workout on TBL. My quads are really sore today! And my triceps are tender. I love how it has boosted my enthusiam to do a workout every day!

Famous last words! I've been feeling rather cr*p since I wrote that, so tired, but yesterday decided I HAD to do something to boost the serotonin! It only gave me the weekly challenge. The squatty runny things interspersed with squat holds. I came 2nd. Then a weigh in! I lost nothing (hardly surprising after last w/e!) But my character lost 8lb. I couldn't be fashed doing anything after that.
SO,,,,this morning I signed in , 30 min full body workout, BUT some evil toad had increased the difficulty up to moderate from easy :eek:. Ok I thought, OMG! It was 3x10 min circuits (they are the same) instead of 2. In fairness the second 2 seem shorter, but theres an awful lot of full body exs, jumping jacks etc (yes Justin I know they work!), and I must have lost a bucket of sweat cos it was dripping off the end of my nose and running down my neck! The old lungs had quite a workout too! Not quite needing the paramedics but rather gaspy!
So with the warmup and cool down stretches it was 44mins and I have found my endorphins! :)
Left to my own devices I would have stayed on the easy mode. Obviously I need someone behind me with a big stick! This is where these interactive games score over a dvd.

It's a week since I worked out :( and I couldn't get the tv onto extn 2 so I could do the wii, I'll get OH to look . SO as I managed to get Davina Fit from Lovefilm I decided to do the aerobic section. And I did it! I had to forward thro the intro as I lost patience with all her histrionics, tho I suspect thats an age thing! And really I surprised myself by being able to keep up with them! Tomorrow I'll try the kickbox one. I wouldn't buy a dvd again cos I soon get bored but it makes sense to rent them.Now if only I can sort out the eating plan I'll be laughing!

30 min Kickfit section from DF. I kept up with the pace and altho I was sweaty I wasn't gasping. The abs again were a bit of a b*gger! But I did them and I can feel them now. I've posted it back. I feel I get a much better aerobic workout from EASA and TBL and at least that's different every time. They are obviously paying off, as apart from the abs, I didn't really feel very challenged.I'll have a look on Lovefilm and see what other workout dvds they have. I might even get my Rosemary Conley salsa one out!

Back to square one on TBL but starting on moderate this time as I managed it last time. 50 mins exs with 36 mins core. Then I looked at the next one (sun) and they've upped it to a full body workout on challenging :eek:. Perhaps if I'm cr*p at it theyll put it back down! I shall do a 30 min of step on EASA more workouts tomorrow.

Rest day today, but I went onto EASA More Workouts and did the 30 min fast step one. Yes it was fast! Did I sweat? Yes. But it said I'd done 243 cals so heyho!

Hi Judi. you're certainly a glutton for ' punishment' .. aren't you doing well ? I just jog on my mini trampoline in the bedroom with headphones tuned to fast loud music., and I walk every day.. it tones me up I suppose, but dont think it loses me the weight.. exercise is good.. was reading about this bloke in America who has been making these exercise programmes for dvd, etc., they're called 'Sweatin
with the oldies, available from Amazon, and they're for real people, made by rel people.. know what you mean about Davina though, doesnt she go on ? keep on keepin on !

w

Hi Judi, been reading your posts and you seem a massive fan of the Wii! I don't have one, but I'm definitely getting one soon, and I was wondering what game would you recommend to really get the calories burning, I looked up "The Biggest Loser" and it looks like fun!

It's also relatively cheap! And you don't need the balance board to do it. EASports Active is good too but more expensive, but both will let you know you've done something when you start.

Hi judimac

I have had wii fit for a couple of weeks and bought ea sports on wed and have just started the 30 day challenge! I am really enjoying reading your your diary because you have so much enthusiasm and a witty turn of phrase (and you are keeping my hope alive that I will stop hating lunges too!!)

oh well must go and do a bit before picking wee one up from nursery!

Well I got on the scales this morning :eek: and after my coronary, I got my workout gear on and started the EASA 30 day challenge again. OMG! After such a long break I should probably have gone back to easy, but you know me! I just had to pick medium. I almost needed the paramedics after the warmup! Didn't have the thinking head on as I shampood my hair first thing! I was absolutely dripping, and lungs going like bellows!
But the first day is always the worst right? So 16 exercises, 20.39 mins, projected calories burnt 134.2, actual cals burnt 144.2.
Altogether now! "On the road again":character00201:

I finally got back on track today! After my back and neck playing up I realised I needed to get back to it!

So to break me in gently I did
1 Upper Body Workout EASA 30 mins projected cals 116.3 Actual 133
2 Step from More Workouts, 20 mins on medium projected cals 108.9 Actual 146.

Now I MUST do something every day! (I could do with getting addicted again!)

As I signed up forthe WIIFit challenge I got WFP out and dusted it off. A gentle telling off from the board and an April Fools gag! I've put 8lbs on since before Xmas :eek:.

SO, 10 mins free jog. I've always done the free step, but this is the fist time I've done the jogging. It would be a good way not to feel guilty about watching Jeremy Kyle :D

Then 5 mins of the step thingy, co-ordination, nul points!
And another 5 mins of yoga.

I really must start and do some yoga every day.I might look for a dvd on thai chi too.
I'll see how I feel and might do some more this afternoon.

74 mins on More Workouts today with 369 cals burned. I can really feel my abs!

Back