Mad Ramblings of a Yo-Yo Dieter......

Oh. My. ****ing. God.

I'm not going to lie, it was absolutely brutal :eek: I actually thought I was going to be sick, cry or faint. Or all 3 at one point. I really thought I was fairly fit, after all the Shredding the last few weeks...... I was deluded! I felt like I was rubbish :eek: I could barely manage any of the 'out of the seat' stuff, my legs just kept wobbling madly :eek: but afterwards the instructor told me I did really well :) And what really made my day was the other women telling me how well I'd done too :D They told me there had been a few new starters in the last few weeks and every single one of them had given up after about 10 minutes, got off the bikes and not come back! They were all lovely and really encouraging, not snooty at all as I feared!

My thighs hurt now and my bum is really sore (the seats are awful! rock hard plastic with no padding at all :eek:) but I feel great :D

Oh, and if anyone else is thinking of taking the plunge hear this - a spinning class burns 700 calories :eek: You absolutely feel every single one of those calories though, but hey, no pain no gain right?!

Definitely going to go again but next Wednesday's class is already full :( so I'm on the reserve list and I'm going to call this Friday at crack of dawn to get in for next Friday's class.

Oh and the sweating, I must mention the sweating! My workout clothes felt like they'd just come out of the washing machine, no word of a lie. I didn't sweat like that giving birth for goodness sake!

Oh my Lord Maisie you are a braver soul than I!

My sister's done spinning and she terrified me with stories of it; I think I might have a go down the line when I'm a bit fitter (or a lot fitter!)

Congrats on going through with it - I bet you're so proud of yourself!!

:) xx

I am a little bit Sugar. Oh, okay then, a LOT! ;)

Can't believe how much I'm buzzing still. My face has only just returned to it's natural colour :8855: it was literally this colour!

woohoooo well done for lasting the pace!!! ;) I'm full of admiration for you as usual :)

By the time you've been a couple more times, you'll be an inspiration to any further new starts, and see, others have given up and left, never to be seen again!!!..but you are made of stronger stuff and have the determination and strength to complete a new challenge....congratulations Maisie :)

Get in there quick on friday for next week's class..and find a nice cushion to sit on this evening ;)

Rx

Hi Maisie
You crack me up, i love your writting have you ever done any creative.

The spinning sounds awsome, the saddle sounds awfull lol

Lidls will be selling padded cycling knickers around this time, they are realy good.

700 calories thats just madness:eek: you will bewell ahead for wiegh in!

May have to look into this a it further:D:D
Sounds brilliat fun,glad you got on ok. i think we all under estimate ourselves. No wonder you feel so good.

First timer and not a quiter;) do you know if you pay for a bulk session say 6 sessions maybe if you have to wait untill a space in the list but then those would be yours :)

<winces>

Oh my. I did not expect this. How do I put this delicately? Okay, I don't think I can. My er..... lady area <ahem> is really sore :eek: it's sort of er..... throbbing! One of the ladies did warn me about it, she said she'd had proper chafing her first couple of times from the seat :eek: (we'd only just met at this point, it was all a bit TMI!).

Think I could do with one of those rubber rings they tell you to sit on after you've given birth :rolleyes::eek:

Anyway, enough of that! Thank you ladies for your lovely and continued support :D LFM - you might actually find spinning not too bad you know....... they told me today that anyone who cycles regularly will find it a LOT easier (the instructor looked slightly horrified when I told him I hadn't been on a bike for 20 years!).

Alas, as it's a council run gym they don't do any sort of block bookings..... to make it fair and accessible to all I suppose :) I'll just to make sure I'm on that phone at 0630 on Friday morning to make sure I get my spot for next Friday.

Padded cycling knickers? Now that sounds exactly what I need! Will investigate that forthwith :)

Right, I'm off to watch last night's Biggest Loser now - the highlight of my week! :D I'm hoping the softness of the sofa will help too :eek:

i drink a few cups of coffee everyday too - usually 3 - 6 cups with milk and 1 sugar, i find it helps - only 50cal/cup and it give you energy and stops you eating as much apparently

i also drink lots of 'dilute' orange or blackcurrant as it has next to no calories you can drink as much as you want - and it makes sure you are properly hydrated - a lot of the time apparently when you think you are hungry, you are actually just thirsty :0

youve still lost 13lb - dont lose focus - get back to it

Hi Emmaline and Cactus :) thanks for the support :)

Didn't go swimming this morning which was a shame, but my friend didn't feel well and I couldn't get there without her. To be fair though, I'm still rather ahem, tender <cough> this morning :eek: so I think a day off might be a good thing!

My new DVD was delivered this morning :D but due to time restraints I won't be able to do it until Sunday morning. Am going to Shred tomorrow and Saturday though because it's a much shorter workout and I can fit it in easier! x

Hi maisie, pleased to hear your new dvd has arrived, definately wait a few days until you are...erm....not so tender! :eek: before you start a new routine :)

Nice long soak in a bath might ease your pain a little :confused: You'll be double motivated next week at your swimming session.
Have a good day, time is flying past this week, or am I just wishful thinking?????

Take care

Rx

Hi Maisie
I think you deserve some time out! all the expolring of crazy exercise you do.

I do remember the (erm problem), it did ruin my first few times riding, the knickers helped, untill my lad got me a lovely saddle :)

I would use some canistan cream as it has a numbing effect.

Most definately i wouldnt attempt it again untill recovered.

I also noticed that the higher groin muscles, also gave off that same sore feeling through being used, not just with chaffing.

Enjoy your time out :)

Afternoon all :)

Rose & LFM..... things are a bit 'calmer' today, not as tender ;) Did my shred this morning (felt all a bit off yesterday from doing nothing :eek:) and it didn't make it any worse! Am getting H to take me to Lidl on Monday in the search of those knickers LFM! Had a quick look in Tesco this morning but they don't seem to sell them there and I didn't really want to ask ;)

Lift, thank you :D I really appreciate the encouragement, it helps keep me motivated :D

Forgot to say - rang the gym at 0630 this morning and am booked in for next Friday's class....... must be a glutton for punishment me! Think I'm more scared than I was this week before I went, I now know exactly how bad it is!

Hi maisie, now that's what I call dedication, ringing the gym at that time to book your place! Well done :)

Pleased to hear you're not so sore today....make sure you are protected for next class, hope you find the magic knicks, oh that's something else isn't it?..but you know what I mean :rolleyes:

have a great day, the countdown has started....

Rx

Hi Rose :)

I knew what you meant about the magic knickers lol! I always find those a bit rubbish actually, I always find they just re-distribute the fat elsewhere to weird and wonderful places so I'd end up with a strange roll of fat on my back or something!!

Just over 2 days to go...... am counting with you! :D

so I'd end up with a strange roll of fat on my back or something!!

OMG i have 2 of those already!

The last date of lidls was 14th March but they do alot of car and bike weeks.

They can go up to £30 so lidls is the best,
There is above the knee length knickers or bridget jones style.
My son is in the trade so if you get any trouble let me know.:)

GL this wkend.xx

Morning all :)

LFM - I was googling those pants last night...... omg, the prices of some of them :eek: However, I did find some at Halfords for only £6.50 and they've got really good reviews (including some that say they're perfect for spinning classes) so if Lidl have none I'll be heading there :D

I'm having a bit of a dilemma about Friday's spin class :confused: I've been offered a free ticket to go and see Westlife on Thursday night and while I'm not a 'massive' fan as such, I would love to go, free night out and all that! The issue is, I won't get home until about midnight and will still need to be up at 06.00 for the school run on Friday so I'm going to be tired. Very tired. I need a minimum of 8 hours just to function me! I don't know whether to just go to the class anyway, or cancel it for this week as it's bloody hard enough as it is, without making it harder because I'm tired. Any advice or opinions? :)

Having a day off the exercise today as I'm taking my little boy to a birthday party at 10.00 this morning, then to Toys R Us to spend his pocket money....... so could be some time!

Planning on starting No More Trouble Zones tomorrow morning :eek: as I'll have more time with not having to go out anywhere.

Have a fab and focused weekend everyone, only 2 days to go <gulp> :D

Back