Mad Ramblings of a Yo-Yo Dieter......

hi Maisie

saturday already..where has the week gone?...think I did wish it away after all ;)

westlife!!!! :eek:....you've got to go :D :D :D
I haven't seen them live, but have heard their shows are out of this world.

spinning class will be there the following week...the irish eye candy won't!!! ;)

I can see Lift's point about going and napping when you get home, hard decision.
I know when I am completely overtired i get a bit grumpy and not in the mood for anything, let alone a spinning class :eek:....AND you've got your new dvd to keep you on track before and after your late night out? oooh decisions decisions :D
Just an afterthought, if you go spinning when you are exhausted from lack of sleep, it might affect how you feel towards the whole spinning idea..and might leave the wrong impression on you and sway your commitment for the following weeks?

Good luck in reaching the decision that is right for you!

(as Rose wanders away singing 'quietly'...."flying without wings" lol)

have a good weekend, hope your little boy had a fantastic time at the party and enjoyed shopping afterwards! My wee one was all partied out last week, I stayed at the party with him, but didn't go near the party food table....honest!..but oh it would have been so easy to pop a couple of sausage rolls and some cake into my mouth...but NO NO NO...polishes halo!

Rx

Hi Lift and Rose :D

I've decided, after careful consideration that I'm going to cancel Spinning on Friday. I do see what you're saying Lift, I really do, but I'm just as Rose described herself - I'm fit for very little when I'm tired and I really think spinning is something you need to be 100% for :eek: anything less and you're asking for trouble! I don't go out very often (2/3 times a year max really) and I'd be mad to pass up such a great freebie ;)

The party was great this morning (well, great from R's point of view, not so much from mine - SO loud!) and he had a lovely time picking a Wii game in Tesco (decided to try there first and they had one he wanted so good result - was able to avoid the hell that is Toys R Us on a Saturday afternoon!).

Right, time to crack on with my dinner now - tagliatelle, low fat philadeplphia, frylight-fried bacon and mushrooms for anyone who's interested ;)

Hope everyone's having a happy Saturday :) xx

Hi Maisie, glad to hear your son enjoyed the party, oh yes, birthday parties....must remember some ear plugs next time. Yay for avoiding toys r us on a saturday afternoon ;)

Your dinner sounds yummy :) Hope you enjoyed it. During my walk today, I was thinking of what veg to have with my dinner tomorrow!!!!!...what's all that about....thinking of food, but VEG instead of a takeaway lol

Not too long until our new result, good luck :D

Good morning Rose :)

It's proof of how far you've come already, the thinking about veg instead of rubbish. You don't want to undo all your good work :D Your body is a temple and you are treating it as such ;)

My daughter and her boyfriend had a Dominos delivered on Wednesday night and apart from an initial sniff and thinking "oooh, that smells good" all I could think about was all the grease and stodge and how utterly pointless it would make all my exercising and healthy eating if I were to have some. I genuinely and completely honestly did not want any - previously totally unheard of for me, pizza used to be one of my main food groups ;)

Right, am off to sweat and grunt with Jillian and No More Trouble Zones now :D V. excited! Have a lovely Sunday....... 24 little hours to go! :D

My daughter and her boyfriend had a Dominos delivered on Wednesday night and apart from an initial sniff and thinking "oooh, that smells good" all I could think about was all the grease and stodge and how utterly pointless it would make all my exercising and healthy eating if I were to have some. I genuinely and completely honestly did not want any - previously totally unheard of for me, pizza used to be one of my main food groups ;)

Yikes! That is so very awesome, it's brilliant that your attitudes to food have changed so much (for the better). I think I'm still in the I-wonder-if-I-could-get-away-with-a-slice frame of mind :(

Happy exercising!

Yikes! That is so very awesome, it's brilliant that your attitudes to food have changed so much (for the better). I think I'm still in the I-wonder-if-I-could-get-away-with-a-slice frame of mind :(

Happy exercising!

I'm positive it's the exercise that's helping change my mindset Lift. It makes me think what's the point of sweating, grunting (;)) and hurting like that to only go and ruin all my hard work by eating badly?

I've just finished No More Trouble Zones....... oh my :eek: that was Hard Work! But in a good way, if you know what I mean? No matter how much I'm not in the mood and have to drag myself to the living room I always feel on top of the world afterwards :D Can't beat it........

Thanks for the good luck wishes for tomorrow, hope it's a good result! :)

Good morning maisie :)

bet you've completed your new dvd by now, what dedication! How did it go?

Oh yes pizza :) :) good on you for thinking of it in a negative way YAY :D Like Lift also says, pizzas can be so tempting, I thought that last time there was pizza around...when I get to where I want to be, I'll be able to have a slice now and then..but now I'm wondering if my tastes will change so much..that I don't actually need it in the future either, time will tell :)
What I did find myself doing, when family had a cooked breakfast (that I cooked!!!! :eek:) I felt a bit sick with the aroma that was wafting about an hour or so later, so was going about the house spraying febreeze!!! :rolleyes:, think my husband thought I'd gone mad, he didn't say anything, just looked at me in a strange way!!! :D

happy sunday..24 hours and still counting :)

No matter how much I'm not in the mood and have to drag myself to the living room I always feel on top of the world afterwards :D Can't beat it........

Hiya Maisie
Glad to see your doing well and so well done with the pizza. I was terrible with Pizzas. My prob was my lad always worked in take aways after school! and still has the connections:eek:.

I think we can all relate the the above comment, its such a different mindset once im out on my bike and then i often come home and " happily"??:confused::eek:. Do some house work ....so not me!

I think your amazing your dedication to your DVDS!.

I hope tomorrow is good for you hun.

off for my free ride to free mood lift:)
XX

Hi Rose and LFM <waves> :)

Rose, it was flipping hard! Not so much the exercises themselves, they were no harder than the ones on the Shred, but it's twice as long as the Shred, almost 50 minutes in total. Was ready to collapse by the end ;)

LFM - hope you enjoyed your bike ride :D and wishing you tonnes of good luck for tomorrow too xx

Hope you've recovered from the new dvd....good for you to still taking it on, despite being longer..with your track record, it will soon be easy peasy :)

Good luck for tomorrow Maisie :D

Good morning all :)

1lb off for me this morning. I know I'm starting to sound like a stuck record but I can't help feeling a little disappointed...... again. Why is it sooooo slow? :confused: It's took 8 weeks to lose a stone....... whereas last year by the time I was 8 weeks in I'd lost 21lb and I was doing NO exercise then, at all, not even a little bit!

Everything I've read about exercise and weight loss says it can slow down for the first few weeks and then speeds up again...... well, I'm now 5 weeks into exercising so it's about time it started to speed up now please!

In other news, my inner and backs of my arms are absolutely throbbing this morning which I'm delighted about :D My 'bingo wings' are the bane of my life lol, so if they're hurting hopefully that means they're also shrinking and firming up!

I physically could not drag myself out of bed this morning in time to do anything this morning before school :eek: so the plan is to do No More Trouble Zones when I get back after the school run......

Good luck to my fellow Monday weigh-ers this morning :D

Hi Maisie, Like me .. just 1lb this week! At least it's going in the right direction.
Bit dissappointing tho' as I have been 2lb down for the last three days but today not!!

At least the exercising should be doing you a lot of good and those batwings should disappear before you decide to take flight..lol!

Have a nice day...:)

Morning Maisie

well done on your 1lb loss..a lb nearer to that goal :D. You'll be well toned up with all the exercising and turning heads this summer! :)

have a great day :)

Rx

Thanks all :D

Emmaline - how annoying that must be. That's why I don't allow myself on the scales for any mid-week weigh-ins, it would do my state of mind no good to have something like that happen!

Lift - thanks, you're right, it's all in the right direction.

Rose - lol, not sure about turning heads, turning stomachs maybe ;) <sniggering at own joke, very bad form I know!>

I have a confession to make - have been back from school for an hour now and I haven't done my DVD and I'm not planning on doing it either :eek: I'm weary, aching and just Not In The Mood. Will get back on the exercise train tomorrow, promise :p

Hi Maisie
welldone on the 1lb, i know what you mean with the wieght loss i too used to shrug the wieght of, but this time its a devil. I had read after 40 its much harder and i belive it now. So I be damned if im letting the little sods back on again!!

I took it so muc for granted before...never again.

I posted on my thread what happened with my scales today, i was shocked at the changes in 30 minutes. lost 2lb :confused:

We always say well done and keep going and its so hard with these low numbers but we know we just keep moving forward. As i posted fo Rose, we are treating our bodies better, weather we lose or not and that is the main thing realy. We wouldnt put diesel in a petrol car but we put manufactured unnatural rubbish in our natural bodies...just doesnt make sense.

If you are tiered and weary hun i would definately take time off, if it becomes to much with out fun, then its a chore and a chore is easy to break away from. Your good mates with Gillian and may be go back for a bit and d this one once a week.

Hope you have a good day, catch you later.
xx

Thanks LFM, wise words there and good advice, thank you :)

Well, it's 05.15am and I'm up and I'm about to tackle the No More Trouble Zones in 10 mins when I've had my coffee and woken up a bit! Still wouldn't say I'm exactly 'in the mood' for it this morning either, but I know I'll be fine once I get going and I'll feel great afterwards :D

Hiya

how did the torture, I mean exercise go today maisie? :) what an inspiration you are, I am tired just getting up at 7ish, lord knows how you keep going all day, exercise, housework and looking after a family all before bedtime....super woman indeed :D

Hope today has gone well so far, not long until westlife, the kings of ballads, now......(humms uptown girl as she goes in search ot the ironing board ;))

sooooo envious of you :jelous:

Rx

Back