madchickvic's road to fitness by age 30!

haha i know thats the hardest part and has ALWAYS been my downfall in the past. Glad im not intruding :) im only on day 2 cant wait till im 2 weeks in, hope it gets easier.

added to the calendar hun and message sent to bestie to sort a sitter for 24th lol think I will just do drinks on the Friday night so food on Thursday (after weigh in lol) and Friday prior followed by a light breakfast after the event for any hangover then back on plan!

30th November - now thats a whole weekend away so that will be a different story all together

Oh God... I am back to work today and can barely keep my eyes open I feel so tired! I think the last few days have caught up with me I could really do with not being here! Mum doing OK just waiting to hear what the doctors have to say today she may be discharged in which case I might not have to contend with a full working day! Deffo an early night for me tonight! Staying up to watch the closing ceremony was not my greatest idea!

First of all, glad to hear your mum is doing better. And if people at work are aware of the ordeal you've been through, they will understand why you're feeling so drained! Anybody would!

And your photos... You're one beautiful woman, and this picture of you at 20: what a stunner!

You're doing so well. I hope you know that :)

Awww thanks Bookworm! Well I managed to get out of work early because..... Mum has been discharged again! She is doing loads better picked her up and brought her home so she is much happier! So got the afternoon off and also tomorrow morning as I have to take her back to have her drains removed but after that it's back to work!

They have all been really understanding I've been quite lucky in that both her operations have coincided with plant shutdowns so work not so busy so it's had little impact so onwards an upwards!

YUK! I really thought something was wrong today but put it all down to the last week being erm well CRAZY! Nope our dear friend Mother Nature has decided to pay me my monthly visit! I hate that b*tch!

Really hope it doesnt affect my weigh in! I am short on days as it is after my Friday morning weigh in as I am back to Thursday night this week! and the morning vs evening going to have an impact too! Freaking out! Bet I stay the same!!!!

On the upside - now I know I am not ill! But about to curl up with a nice cup of tea with a splash of skimmed milk (I used to drink a lot of tea but have avoided as I like sugar and real milk!) and have an early night - hopefully I feel better tomorrow as right now I am feeling like rubbish!

hi Mad hope your feeling a bit better x
i am flooding at the moment - its my age :( period last days n days !!
i am really hoping for 5lbs this week , very doubtful if i will get it though x

keep your chin up darlin xx

Well feeling slightly better today - went to the hospital with Mum all ok - one more appt Friday then she should be all sorted!

I am soo chuffed just realised that Great British Bake Off is back tonight, Celeb Big Brother returns tomorrow, XFactor on Saturday... FINALLY some reasons to stay in!!!! I hope I can get into all this stuff that should keep me in bed and occupied early most nights!

Still worried about the scales Thursday! I think I just need my routine back! I was doing so well last week at work but now things being all over the place is starting to get irritating!

Had a bit of a rant at the bestie tonight - was supposed to go see her as not seen her since before Mums surgery due to one thing or another and she changed plans to go to our other friends for dinner and drinks ) used to be 8 of us in total a fornightly event! she got all funny with me when I said I wouldnt go! Now certain things I will do - eg if I went to hers and her son was eating or she was eating etc doesnt bother me but I am not going to a dinner party and sitting in a corner not able to eat or drink! I would feel anti-social! Which by the way is what I am calling this diet! The Anti-Social diet!!!!!

Its difficult because I know I should go - and everyone is really supportive but I just dont want to!!! So I kind of shouted all of this at her because I am annoyed - I did want to see her! all my other friends have "bent" a little over what we would usually do - eg meet for coffee instead of at the pub, one friend is even having a shake with me every monday while we watch our show to show solidarity! ( we would usually order Pizza / Curry / Cook. My best friend if anyone is going to be my undoing! I just know it - we spend so much time having a voddie or glass of wine over a catch up and ladies that lunch and shop at weekends - she means no harm but I just know if anyone is going to say ahh go on its just one day it will be her!!! So maybe I am avoiding her a little?? I dont know - just sounding off really!!!

Anyways hope everyone is doing well today! I am ok just in a bit of a rut!!! What to do when your social life involved food and drink! I need a new hobby!!! any suggestions??

Awww Mad, I know exactly how you feel. I have an evening wedding reception on weds but i dont want to go, i wont be able to resist having a drink and eating when eveyone else is and how dull to sit there and drink water. You are right it is the anti social diet. But remember we have our planned breaks, maybe have a big dinner party with all your friends on the 24th/25th?

ive been miserable today as well, was at work and felt awful.....faint....knackered,,,,no energy. Kids all got pizza delivered and i had to go out for a walk. I was gaggging on the shake as well.....sigh we just gotta concentrate on our losses and look forward to the breaks. Im like you about weigh in - my period is very very heavy!

Laughed at your comment about celeb bb - i cant wait for it lol oh and xfactor!

If you fancy it ......pm me and we can exchange mobile numbers to keep each other motivated XX

I shall PM you hun xxx

I have seriously got to the point now where I am struggling to have my shakes and the smell of food makes me sick! tonight I had to mix 2 shakes with loads of ice and water in a pint glass and just down it - last couple of days just had 2 shakes!!! so very naughty - I am off everything at the minute which is totally the opposite for TOTM - I think its just the stress! went to the hospital today thinking yay last appointment and Mum has to go back again on Friday - I am sure work will be fine but its a lot of time off so I do worry!

Still not got the craving for chippy chips out of my head!!! and being the determined person I am I probably wont be happy until I have some! (and I am not a bit chips person! I prefer rice, pasta and pizza!!!! WEIRD!!) This diet seriously messes with your head!!!

Like I said its just finding stuff to do - in a "normal" day I would eat lots at work and nothing of an evening now I want to be at work as I am so much more discaplined there!!!!

Plans for 24th all coming together Mum has a HUGE bottle of Laurent Perrier Rose Champers and wants to "Wet her new Boobies heads" as she puts it lol so we will be doing dinner and drinks at her place before maybe heading to a pub after - see how she is. I CANNOT WAIT! we just have to keep thinking about that and plodding along!!! and until then we will have celeb BB and X factor to keep us busy!!

I agree CD is definitely an anti-social diet, certainly when you're on the initial steps anyway.

We all need a little break sometimes though and life is way too short to miss out on every social event.

I'm off to Shropshire with my partner at the end of the month to see our best friends. Our weekends with them always revolve around good food and wine and there is no way on God's earth I'm going to be on CD then! But in the run up to it, I'll be an angel.

We all deserve a treat ladies and as long as we get back on track afterwards, things usually work out okay.

x

I am really loosing the will guys! have just sat and sobbed for half an hour! I think its because I went to my besties to try and distract myself by dying her hair and then she asked me to drop her at the pub! I think I am actually clinically depressed!!! I was so jealous and now I feel kind of angry! I know I have my planned break next week but its just not gonna come soon enough and I am still going to feel guilty because of my low loss this week.

I keep telling myself over and over I need to do this I have to do this and I really do want to do this but I fought so hard to get out of a bad relationship so I didnt have to miss out on life and now I am feeling trapped by this diet like I cant have fun!

I know there are a million things I could do to occupy my time but none of my friends want to do them the sun is shining and everyone is in the beer garden and I hate that I am not there!!!!

Sorry I know this is depressing but I need to just be honest and stop being brave - I really think I just want to pack it all in! (at the weekends anyway!)

Oh hunny, we all have days when we feel like that. Today was such a day for me, so much so that I ate half a fajita with pickle and marmalade (yuck) just for the sake of rebelling :(

I don't know what to say to make you feel better, except that you're doing so well!!!!! Xxx

Thanks Book-Worm - I have retreated to bed after playing with the car keys for an hour during x-factor thinking stuff it I will go out and find something worth eating. I am sitting here glad I didnt do it so I have now made it through saturday! Just sunday to go! I just want to be at work there I feel safe! there are zero temptations there as everyone I work with knows I am on the diet so would know if I cheated! Its just when I am feeling lonely I guess!

Going out with some friends tomorrow for a couple of hours again wont be able to cheat as they know but it just frustrates me that dependent on how I feel at the time I dont know how long I will stay - almost like once everyone starts having fun I wont be into it and will want to just leave! GRRRRRR

Going to sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow - might just have a salad or an omellette tomorrow if I still feel this bad I just hope the past few days feelings dont stick around!

Yes, if you feels like eating, it's best to eat boiled eggs. 2 large eggs, that's what I'm allowed for protein intake on step 2, and it does fill you up.

You can do it, we know it and believe in you. Tell yourself this time next summer you'll be a skinny pub goer :) xxx

Right I totally caved! I cried myself to sleep last night and this morning the first thing I did was sob when I opened my eyes! this is not good!

So.....

I got up, went to the kitchen and pulled out 2 eggs and some bacon and some mushrooms. I poached the eggs, grilled the bacon and sort of dry fried the mushrooms in a spray of fry light and then I sat and looked at it for a minute to be sure! then I tucked in! I ate it very slowly thinking about if it was worth it at every bite and do you know what..... It so was! I followed it up with a glass of water and I washed up and carried on my day!

Now - I do not in the slightest bit feel guilty about what I did because - I told myself that I am going to try it and see if it helps - if it does then I will go straight back on plan knowing that I probably havnt knocked out of ketosis and if it doesnt I will still soldier on with the plan anyway and see what next weekend brings.

Now my only thing is - do I still have 3 shakes today? I am assuming yes but just want to be sure.

Gosh I do feel better I know it might affect my loss but I really couldn't get through going out today for my friends birthday the way I was feeling this morning.

and now I am ready to tackle the week ahead!

Back