Maggi So...Crispy!

Penguin_Hell

Ok, so i've been using the 'So Juicy' cook in the bag recently. As i used to hate chicken, but it makes it taste amazing.
I got all the syn values off the website, and was happy at 4.5 syns for the garlic so juicy. Which works out about 2 syns when splitting it with the other half.

While in Morrisons the other week, i found So Crispy. I think it was the chilli one.
So, i bought it...thinking it was around 5 syns like the so juicy. And stupidly didn't look at the calories until after.
DUH to me, has breadcrumbs in it! about 350 calories in the whole thing.

Does anyone know the syns on these? Can't see on the website, and i was hoping they weren't 1 syn for every 20 calories :(

Penguin_Hell said:
Ok, so i've been using the 'So Juicy' cook in the bag recently. As i used to hate chicken, but it makes it taste amazing.
I got all the syn values off the website, and was happy at 4.5 syns for the garlic so juicy. Which works out about 2 syns when splitting it with the other half.

While in Morrisons the other week, i found So Crispy. I think it was the chilli one.
So, i bought it...thinking it was around 5 syns like the so juicy. And stupidly didn't look at the calories until after.
DUH to me, has breadcrumbs in it! about 350 calories in the whole thing.

Does anyone know the syns on these? Can't see on the website, and i was hoping they weren't 1 syn for every 20 calories :(

All things like this will be 1 syn for every 20 cals yes :)

Nooooooo! Its actually 369cals for the whole thing. I was thinking of using a quarter of the mix for my chicken.
Then that would work out at about 4.5 syns. Worth it! *drools!*

Thank you for confirming that welshtigger x

Nooooooo! Its actually 369cals for the whole thing. I was thinking of using a quarter of the mix for my chicken.
Then that would work out at about 4.5 syns. Worth it! *drools!*

Thank you for confirming that welshtigger x

That's pretty immense! :eek: What the hell is in it?! Is it a mega big pack, or does that value include something else other than just the mix in the pack?! 369cals?!?! :confused:

I think it's just breadcrumbs? It makes the chicken taste nicer than KFC. I think from now on i will stick to just the so juicy though. Or like someone suggested before, do my own in a roasting bag. Oooh, i could do some chilli chicken with hot chilli powder.

Might go and have dinner now. lol

Yow, Ive just found it here, yeah it's full of sugar, oil, fat as well as the breadcrumbs. Might as well have fish & chips or summat decent!!! :eek: :8855:

would be better just blitzing some bread in a blender and mixing in some herbs or spices, wonder if that would bring the syns down alot, *things that make you go hmmm*

would be better just blitzing some bread in a blender and mixing in some herbs or spices, wonder if that would bring the syns down alot, *things that make you go hmmm*

Oooh. I could use WW bread and have it as a Healthy extra!

I'm going to use the ones up that i have, and never buy any more! it'd be about 18 syns for the whole thing :cry:

Back