Maggi "So Juicy" for Chicken

msrsimpkin

Flubber Buster
I spotted these in ASDA the other day and grabbed a couple to try them out. They're a packet of spice mix that comes with a sealable baggy that you cook use to coat and cook the chicken in, so it cooks in it's own juices.
It's supposed to keep the meat moist and tasty (which is great, beacuse I think chicken breasts can be so dry sometimes).

I guessed they wouldn't be too bad on syns since it's essentially just herbs and spices and claims to be "Low Fat". They do a Garlic one, a Paprika one, a Sweet & Sour one and a one just called Chicken Herbs.

I just entered them all into the syns calculator on the SW site and they're all coming up at 4.5 - 5.5 syns for per sachet. Which I thought was pretty good considering you make it with 4 chicken breasts (or 8 drumsticks). So that's around 1.5 syns per breast (or 2.5 - 3 if you're a greedy guts like me and would nom down 2)!

I got myself a Chicken Herbs and a Paprika one, but I haven't tried them yet. Tomorrow is a red day, so I'll be having them for dinner then.

I just thought I'd let you all know, because I thought this was great, especially if they do exactly what it says on the tin... erm, packet. Hehe :D

I'll come back tomorrow and let you know how they taste :eatdrink023:

db26e7c3-d0d6-47ec-a28a-44cd41ac28bc_Spec2_v1_m56577569834041623.jpg
006eafb4-b57a-4201-ab93-49635c94c601_Spec2_v1_m56577569834041620.jpg

I had this tonight for dinner and Oh. My. God! It's absolutely gorgeous! It's like a sticky, smokey, slightly spicy coating and it keeps the chicken SO moist!
Hubby had his with free chips and corn on the cob (it was nommed up fast before I had chance to get a picture) and I had mine sliced and served with a HUGE salad!

It was so good! Definitely worth the 2.5 syns!

oiruj8.png

I had this tonight for dinner and Oh. My. God! It's absolutely gorgeous! It's like a sticky, smokey, slightly spicy coating and it keeps the chicken SO moist!
Hubby had his with free chips and corn on the cob (it was nommed up fast before I had chance to get a picture) and I had mine sliced and served with a HUGE salad!

It was so good! Definitely worth the 2.5 syns!

oiruj8.png
wowser! that looks fabulicious. i am gonna get me some of that. thanks mrs s
:eat:

No, it's 5 syns for the pack. It recommends that it serves 4, but me and hubby are piggies, so for us it served two at 2.5 syns each.
We also tried the garlic one last night, which wasn't as nice, not really worth the syns. I'll definitely use the paprika one again, though!

Hi

Glad i saw this post as i was just thinking early that i'd like to try those Maggi mixes... might try the Chicken Herbs one and the Paprika one.

Thanks!

WOW!! Thats looks gorgeous!!! Will certainly be trying these at some point - I only really eat chicken, so this would be great for me.

And I would demolish 2 chicken breasts too!!!

thankyou for the info looks yummy ive just bought a packet of the paprika kind. guess whats for tea lol x

I had the sweet an sour one this one works out at 4.5 and I have to say it was lovely I served it with savoury rice and wedgesb

Saw these advertised - how much are they?

OK - answered my own question, looked on mysupermarket, and they are 65p in Tesco and 99p in Sainsburys.

Ingredients for the paprika one are:

Salt, Paprika (16%), Starch, Maltodextrin, Tomato Powder, Sugar, Yeast Extract, Onion, Beetroot Concentrate, Marjoram, Coriander, Flavouring (contains Wheat), Basil, Black Pepper, Citric Acid, Vegetable Oil, Thyme, Cayenne Pepper, Colour: Paprika Extract, Garlic Concentrate.

Last edited:
These are absolutly amazing! they keep it very moist and VERY tastey! i tried the Herby one, I havent tried the Garlic one yet - dont want to gas people out at work!! hehehe!! That pic looks delish- i think i know what's for tea tonight!

Back