Maintainers challenge: Wins & sins! Loud & proud confessional

The good:
1. Did a mega workout at the gym, 4hrs, >1500 cals burned.
2. Ate my snacks at the planned times, had been getting into the habit of having them earlier and earlier.
3. Instead of seperately bagging the 10 jelly babies I planned to eat half way through the gym session left them in the big bag, and happily ate 10 and no more.

The bad:
Errr, think I've been all good today, bar the possibility that I am undereating compared to the amount of exercise I do. As I want to lose another few lbs at the moment that's ok but is something I need to keep an eye on.

Could have been much worse, Oliver Payton does the catering there now, so nice to hear it was good.

Jez
xx

yes its all payton and byrne (?) stuff
ate last time and it was delicious - all gorgeous!!!!
x

OK, some good:

Healthy portion controlled breakfast
fruit for lunch
had salad instead of pasta with Spag Bol with family (they still think I'm strange)

Bad:
No exercise for 24hrs!
Did succumb to a choccie biscuit with coffee!

Yesterday was a good day...

70 crunches
Less coffee, more water
Took the time to make a lovely healthy dinner

sin: ate 2 small handfuls of nuts instead of 1. Did not go swimming as I told myself I would. I find these dark wet nights very counterproductive to exercising.

Yesterday:

The good:

1. Ran 10 miles on the treadmill with a silly grin on my face, then did a 20:20:20 and a body combat class. Knackered by good fun!

2. Ate some pine nuts and cream cheese, which wasn't on the plan for the day but was necessary after the gym so I'm counting it as a good thing. Still have dropped 2lb since Monday, must up the cals next week as I'm getting close to being lighter than I want to be (something I find it difficult to get my head around).

3. Head still counters any "you're not eating enough" thoughts with "don't be ridiculous, you're still really fat". Which one part of me knows I'm not, but the other...

The bad:

Was too disorganised to cook quinoa for my lunch today, so had to make do with cous cous (which I generally avoid as I think it's got wheat in it). And I forgot to take out salmon to defrost... neither major issues but ending up eating "off plan" is a bit of a recipe to eat too much for me.

G_o I'm so impressed with your exercise regime.....I cannot comprehend doing so much...:eek:

Monday....

1. Went out for dinner to fish restaurant, had small bowl of soup for starters and a healthy option for mains with veg on the side. Avoided the creamed potatoes and listened to my body when I was full.

2. Friend I went out with had made me a lovely wholemeal loaf so I could try it. When I got home I did try it, but instead of having slice after slice, I cut one slice and put the rest in the freezer. It was lovely.

3. Had a bar for my lunch as I knew I was going out for dinner so wanted to go easy on the consumption until then.

Confessions....

Don't think I have any...:D

Yesterday...

1. I upped my running to 30 minutes. Hoping to up it to 40 by next week.

2. Went for lunch with friend. Parked car 15 minutes walk away despite there being a car park opposite, so I walked to and from.

3. Was a veggie restaurant with so much lovely veggie burgers etc on offer but opted for the carrot and orange soup and left half the bread. Soup was lovely and no guilt associated which is what would have been if I had chosen a burger.

Confessions.

I'm still doing a little bit of unconscious eating with the sultanas.

Today.....

1. Planning on making a big pot of lentil soup to have for lunches over the next few days.

2. Planning on having a light salad at lunchtime as I'm going out for dinner again this evening.

3. Hoping to make healthy choices at restaurant this evening. It's a Korean place, never been before. Tried to look online at menu but no luck so will just try my best. Heading off to see Eddie Izzard after dinner so have decided to walk from restaurant to venue and back. Should be about 30 minutes walk each way...:)

The Good...
1. Did 1hr easy workout at the gym, was tempted to do more which I really didn't need to do (sore today!) but stuck to the hour.
2. Visited my LLC to say hi for the first time in a month.
3. Am closer to accepting I don't need to lose any more weight, and that my goal weight of 11st8 is appropriate for my frame and muscles even though my BMI is 26. Currently I'm 11st6, but...

Bad things...

I just binged on chocolate. Really p*sed off with myself, as I thought "I should leave that in the car, as I'll eat it all if I bring it in", yet in it came. Now I feel sick, and really don't want to know what the scales will show. Annoyed with my lack of self control, suspect I will be up a couple of lbs on the scales tomorrow.

Not good today...
1. Weight up today by 5lbs :eek: Think that was a lot from the cous cous (I'm wheat intolerant, thought cous cous had a bit of wheat in it, didn't realise it's all wheat). Very very horrible stomach cramps and nausea all morning, had to go home from work for a few hours... thankfully feeling better now.

Good today
1. Just ran >10k, will do 2hrs of classes in a mo
2. Got brave enough to wear an outfit I've had for ages to work. Think a few people were perplexed when after having to go home sick, then return, I was wearing a different outfit in the afternoon :rolleyes:

Oooh bummer GO. Sounds unpleasant! Chocolate is dangerous innit! :D I find it very easy to control with dark choc, but the other is DEFINITELY a trigger for me.

Well here are my goods for the last couple of days:

Ate all healthy meals. Passed on offers at work. Did a exercise DVD last night - 75 crunches the last 3 nights, and chose to walk to work today since the sun was out! Oh, and skipped the biccies at a training afternoon while everyone else gorged! LOL

After quite few weeks of picking here and there, partially due to being bored and lonesome without my other half, and partially due to giving in to a few bad habits.

Learning now, even this much later - in fact, more so later, that it is incredibly easy to slip back into some bad habits!! lol So, being very mindful now and aware, the hard work must continue.

I wonder, if my celebrating my year anniversary of maintaining subconsciously has triggered a bit of wanton behavior??

Anyway - thats enough waffling. Just random thoughts.

And now off for a healthy dinner of pumpkin and wildrice soup, with yogurt and toasted seed.....followed by fresh kiwi, pineapple and melon.

No sins!

More crunches, and then a DVD or catch up on SKY +. Feet up this cold windy night!

Hope everyone is having a nice evening. :)
xx

Whoop whoop! I know you lot would solve a problem. I was saying to OH on aeroplane home that I needed something to work on up to Christmas after the holiday that perhaps wouldn't involve full abstinence. This is just the answer :D, you're a diamond BL.

I have weighed myself and I'm 10lb up :eek::eek::eek:. You do not travel half way around the globe to one of the finest regions for wine producing and drink water. :rolleyes: I know a lot of you, in fact most, are good when you go away, and I'm very admirable of you all for that, but I'm not good at all so I have to live with it. I know the bulk of the weight will come down in the next few days and the rest will follow. This watching with a bit of a critical eye will help enormously. :D

Goodies:
1) I've started on the water again. Despite the heat in Oz, water was way down.

2) Just had a lovely meal of Guinea fowl breast and steamed veg and loved every simple mouthful of it.

3) Said no to second glass of wine.

Baddies:
I had first glass of wine on a week day. To be honest this is down to wanting to sleep tonight as I'm still 8 hours out of sync but the gap is closing. OH and I were up at 2am this morning farting around, I was doing the washing and he had the chop saw out doing some household chores :rolleyes:, but we were back in bed by 4am to be out again by 7am. Kept awake all day today but feeling droopy now. Should sleep tonight and be more on track tomorrow.

Atta girl FT! Glad you like our little thread here. It really is helping me get back on the straigt and narrow - not that I had wandared far at all, but I sensed danger, so for a change, decided toa ctually listen to myself!! lol ANd its working! :D

SOunds like a great trip!! Jet lag is a bugger though!! lol

x

It was a great trip BL but do not go to Margaret River if you're staying away from wine!!! :D:D:D

Good things:
1) Wheat bloat seems to be coming off (lighter this evening than I was this morning!)
2) A few km and an hour of box fit at the gym.
3) Exceptionally tempted to get myself a "treat" tonight. But was good and came back with some diet coke instead. Oh the thrills.
4) Have decided on my target for next year, which is to run an Ultra Marathon. Provided they do it next year I will enter the London to Brighton 56 mile trail race in September. Better keep training!

Bad things:
Didn't time my snacks very well this morning, ate them rather early but then did make it 'til lunch time.

1) Still ok with water, not enough though really.
2) snacked on raw veg. I'm snacking like mad, I think its the jet lag.
3) avoided all carbs other than morning porridge.

Bad - can't think of one as yet!

Bad things:
- Ate unplanned chocolate, again. Grrr.

Good things:
- Ran 14 miles (22.5km), feeling quite pleased with myself
- Got everything I need to do my food prep for the week tonight

great day!
virtues
1. had shake for breakfast
2. had no rubbish snacks
3. stuck to my plan completely

- need to up the water

1) Made a good pan of stoup. Thick and hearty that got us through the day.
2) I didn't pick!
3) I had extra water.

-1) Though I had extra water, it's still only about 1.5 litres!! Got to drink more!!!

Bit of a strange day yesterday. After an attack of pain/nausea on Thursday that I put down to wheat I had another minor one Sat morning, then a major attack Sunday night and another yesterday. Went to the doc and current theory is that I have gallstones :( But they're also testing for kidney and liver problems and some kind of bug that lives in the stomach.

The upshot is I'm slightly scared to eat incase it triggers it! And as well as wheat (which may actually not be the problem) I now have to avoid dairy, eggs, nuts, caffeine, anything fatty etc so a bit of replanning needed for the week's food. I'm hoping I can bring myself to eat enough to sustain a gym evening tonight, and I'm also completely dehydrated from 5 days of regular nausea/pain/vomiting attacks.

Back