Maintainers challenge: Wins & sins! Loud & proud confessional

Hey G_o, hope all went well and you're having a chilled out time recovering...:)

Thanks Morticia :)

Surgery was on Friday, got out on Sunday evening so at home with loads of dvds now. It's going well, still a tad painful but getting better all the time. It's weird having a flat stomach, despite all the swelling! Apparently 3kg of skin came off, I've lost a bit more than that on the scales because I've not exactly been eating much :)

hi there
glad it went well - hope your recovery is a fast one
daisy x

Glad it went well. Just do as your told and rest!!! You don't want to stretch all those stitches!

So glad it went well. What a lovely time of the year to be putting your feet up and having people run after you...:D

general musings:

+ Have been dieting since the op, weight just slipped under 11 stone for the first time ever, putting BMI into the healthy zone.
+ I actually feel slim!!!
+ Have not eaten anything off plan for the last week despite being home alone, bored + lonely + sore = big comfort eating triggers for me

Today will be my first time out the house since coming back from hospital as I'm going back there for dressings to come off (and hopefully antibiotics as I think some stiches are infected). Tomorrow my goal is to walk to the shopping outlet about 300m from my flat and get a coffee, and maybe buy some jeans that fit (everything is now too big) if I'm feeling really up to it.

Then flying to parents in Jersey for a fortnight for some real R&R!

Happy Days.

How did the venture out go? I think it takes ages, sometimes weeks, just to get over the anaesthetic as well as any op.

Made it for the world's slowest lap round the shopping centre, via Costa. And managed to try on a couple of things, yay trousers now fit properly!

Mostly I'm fine now but I have burning pain in my thigh muscle which is apparently just damage from being scraped around in the op that will pass with time, but it means I'm limping around the place!

And a guy came to collect a canoe I sold this morning who hasn't seen me for a year and was literally speechless for a few mins :)

It's seems you're doing well!! Have fun at your parents and rest well too. These things will take the best part of a year to heal as it is, so start them off right.

Good to hear things are going well. Here's to the New Year and new you...:)

Congratulations on getting under the 11st. for the first time ever. WOW.
please take it gently. Foxtrot is right.
Recivery time will be crucial.
Lovely that the guy didn't recognise you - if you see what I mean.
Have a fab Christmas with your family.

Thanks :) Now back home with the parents so doing not very much and enjoying it, I was looking after myself when I went home from hospital which was a bit tough.

Back