Maintainers challenge: Wins & sins! Loud & proud confessional

+ no snacks during the day
- too many post gym cals, maybe, but worried have been losing and not replenishing glycogen
+ good session at the gym (a new Pump release today, was fun)

At last a GOOD weekend :)

Friday:
+ low carb breakfast, walked (1hr) - out for lunch & ate soup & steamed fish
- wine in the evening (but much less than last week)

Saturday:
+ 2hr walk, low carb + low fat breakfast & lunch, low cab dinner
- a little wine (2 glasses only so really that's a +)

Sunday:
+ very low carb all day, no alcohol
- no exercise

Sunday for me...
+ decent amount of fruit and veg
- no exercise
- didn't eat anything 'til late in the day then basically constantly ate or drank for rest of afternoon/evening. Seem to find it very hard to sit around at home without something in my hands/mouth. Had an overeat of ~1200cals, very p*ssed off with myself.

For today I have one good thing so far - I've written a bit of a letter to myself to keep handy so when I get into a binge/overeat mode I can read it and hopefully it'll help get me back into control and back into Adult.

Weekend

+'s) Lots of veg and salad, not too much meat and very low carbs. Did include the wine but totalled 4 glasses for 3 nights which I was really pleased with.

-'s) damned if I can drink the water!! Really, really struggling to remember and I never have an urge for it!

Good weekend for me too...

1. Made good food choices.
2. Was starving while out shopping on Sunday, had a quick bar rather than make bad choices, this let me carry on and eat something sensible when the time came.
3. Ate good amount of fruit and veg and not much in the way of carbs.
4. Back down to my pre-holiday weight.

Minuses...

1. Not done much exercise since last Tuesday. But plan on going for a 40 minute run tomorrow.

Mon-Wed very good this week :)

- walked every day for at least 40 mins despite freezing temperatures
- low carb & low fat meals every day
- went to see LLC for 1st time in 3 months but she was in the bath!!!
- 'weighed-in' at home back 4lb under envelope weight :)
- no negatives

Thursday
- good as above re food & exercise (I'm back in the groove)
- negative, did have a slice of bread last night
- small glass of port before bed

lol, proves I'm human at least (and Friday night is pub night :) )

Last week - really, really good and even lost a couple more pounds.

This weekend - Really, really bad. Mega splurge with daughter and partner home.

The week ahead - I've already done the day's water quota, the veg are steaming and I'm on a roll....

It is really good to read you guys posts here in Maintenance!

Thank you, you are all amazing!

Kat xx

You'll soon be here too Kat!!

Monday, Tuesday and today have gone well. Pushing to do the water but getting there!

Not sure if this is crooked thinking or forward planning. Yesterday I ordered a months worth of Exante for the New Year. I've used it before for a quickie and I know I'm going to want to shift some in January. Exante is 60% off at the moment, that's £76 for a whole month! That will kick start January.

You know me, I bend the rules. :rolleyes::D

what do the exante packs taste like?
i tried the slim shakes from tesco and gagged, they were disgusting really sweet and yukky.
would like to have something in for the odd time but don't want to risk spending money on something i hate
daisy x

My sister loved her exante packs, I tasted a few and they were certainly lovely. A little less artificial tasting than some of the LL packs.

Jez
xx

Thet're not too bad Daisy. I even like the chicken. The bars are a bit squishier but good and I think the shakes are about the same but I never was one for them anyway.

You can buy just a weeks worth for £36.75 but with the 60% at the mo it's seems better to buy the whole months worth and have something in reseve whatever! There's a full of everything pack and a shakes only one and they are delivered next day. They are 3 a day and not four but I was going to have a light salad type thing in the evenings with it.

Mon
+3 hrs at the gym
+Ate well

Tue/Wed
- On a conference with work, overate big time Tue evening and Wed breakfast and lunch. Been using the fact that I'm having surgery tomorrow as a bit of justification, grrr. Anyway tomorrow does mark a day of getting very strongly on track, I'm having a tummy, thigh and arm tuck and need to be very strict with myself as I will be bored and lonely while I recover, which can be a strong eating trigger for me. Hopefully posting here will help keep me on track!

Wow G out D! That's a big list there! I'm sure it will be a fab result. Don't forget to weigh before, it will be interest to see what They take away!! Best of luck.

Thanks Foxtrot! Apparently that lot will take 5 hours to chop off and I'm going to be very interested to see how much weight comes off. I really want to get 11lbs below my current maintaining weight through the skin coming off, and also some dieting after the op as I wont be exercising and find it easier to eat less when not supporting that. If I get down that 11lbs I'll have lost half my starting weight :D In Mid Jan I really want to be able to say I'm half the woman I was a year ago... (physically anyway ;) )

Must do measurements tonight too as I'll be interested to see how they change, particularly in the hip area.

ps. having fun today at work trying to sound excited about the 3 week "holiday" people think I'm having... none of them know it's actually for an op. Must go and figure out what fictitious injury I'll come back with in Jan to explain soreness and lack of time in the gym...

For me gym = sorness! :D:D:D

Fingers crossed you reach half of you too! :cool:

G_o hope everything went swimmingly today. That's major surgery so will be thinking about you.

Can I be nosey and ask if you did it privately or NHS?, no worries if you'd rather not say. Well done on your weight loss and your determination with the gym. I'm inspired...:d

It's private (currently killing time for 20mins before the taxi turns up to take me there!). My parents are very kindly paying for it for me. I'll be in hospital until Monday. It should take 5 hrs, I'll keep you updated and will probably blog it at some point :)

Thanks for all the good lucks!

Back