Maintaing afterTW

sididd

Gold Member
Hi all, On this lazy Saturday morning I have been looking over recipes and my private diary in which I log my weigh daily since I started my journey on Dukan in February 2012. Today I weigh the same as I did a year ago slightly over my tw but within a tolerance of weekly fluctuations. Think what I am trying to say is that DUKAN WORKS and after you get to TW and rules are relaxed and life carry on it is possible to have the odd treat, to have your holiday gains and the odd slip off the Dukan wagon as long as you get straight back on, before old habit return. There are loads of Dukaneers who have lost the weight and are maintaining well over a year after the 'cruise' stage has finished. Just Thought I would post this, as reports state that a high percentage regain after they lose and I just want you to know there are just as my successes are there is (I wont say fails) Folk who Dukan life style doesn't suit xxx Happy Dukaning all xxx

Hear hear xx I've maintained at tw for over a year now - something I've never done before in my life!! Dukan does work!!! It's an amazing diet :)

Last edited:
You two are amazing and thanks for this post Sid!

I hope you both regularly take time to congratulate yourselves on what you've achieved - it's brilliant.

Thanks for all the support as well.

Joodle x

Sidd and Scooter I am probs just repeating what Joodles has said, but thank you so much for this post it is exactly what I needed to read right now. I am going to re-read it if I start to struggle with conso, you are amazing and positive dukan role models for everyone on this forum xx

Hurray, Dukan love-in alert!!

I do like a god love in xxx:heartpump::heartpump::grouphugg:

I don't think it's fair of studies to say things like that anyway because diets are all about will power and no diet in the world will give you that if you're not committed already. People tend to forget that the right diet for your body may be easier but it's not easy and it's not magical either. You have to want it no matter what diet or plan you're on.

Maintaining TW successfully sort of assumes that it's a realistic TW in the first place. Hence I suppose all those questions when we start. It also assumes that that we behave ourselves and don't go completely tonto when we get sight of naughty stuff again, and that the regime has trained us into a degree of restraint. Or at least educated us a bit about the likely effects of various foods on weight.

I've not done too badly but at times I'm struggling a bit. Weight has crept up, but then it had dropped remarkably low - lower than my original TW. Trouble is I got used to the new low me, so it's irritating me that I can't stay at that level - and have lots of cake, chocolate, biscuits, bananas, etc. as well.

The way I've resolved it is during the week, I do mostly conso style meals - breakfast is boiled egg, rhubarb, and maybe stawberries/ blueberries; lunch is salad, (no sandwiches, 2x muffins for snacks, sf jelly for pud), in the evening I have fairly free hand, but no potatoes or starchy stuff. Cheese, a glass of wine and a small pud of ice cream or creme caramel are allowed in moderation but not obligatory. Then at weekends I can have whatever takes my fancy, just so long as I've done the pp Thursday. I think the pp day is the key, along with keeping up the exercise - I still swim 3x a week for 20 mins or so, plus a bit of walking or cycling if the weather allows.

So yes, on the whole, I think i agree weight loss can be maintained, it's just it does require a bit of managing post Dukan.

Fantastic post supertonic, xxx

Supertonic definitely has it down. I think you need to find balance after the Dukan. It's not a once off fix and you have to do a little bit of up keep. You don't just mow the lawn or cut your hair or shave your legs once a year, you have to keep doing it. The same applies to dieting.

I have maintained with no problem, but I never intended to eat high carb food ever again so maintaining is actually quite easy. My diet consists of meat, fish, veg, some dairy, a little fruit, and nuts. And alcohol of course..... By doing Dukan I learnt a lot about herbs and spices, but really did appreciate that for me food is fuel and not a comfort thing. I seek out meals that have nutritional value rather junk calories and I still exercise daily. Without a doubt though Dukan was one of my better ideas, it really really is a life changer!

Back