Maintenance and the skinny gene

miss jelly tot

CWP Consultant
Juddd is def my maintenance diet no doubt but It has got me thinking about anyone who takes a break and moves diets, gets to target, then wants to swap back :confused: like I am planning too.

I wonder if you need to start doing DDs and UDs for at least 2 weeks. Surely your calories allowance on maintenance 50-60% will be too high to turn on the skinny jean? Think I had better read my book again after my 'new recruit' at work gives it back. Any ideas?:D

Didn't he say 50% would do it... turn on the skinny gene again? Can't recall now if it was 50% or 500 cals. There was a comment from him in the Mail article also and he for sure would not want to lose the health benefits long term.

Edit:
Just checked on the JUDDD site and he says that 50-60% for maintenance but he says the induction phase gets the SIRT1 to high levels quickly so maybe it is worth doing induction for that. There were some examples in the book that showed the skinny gene charts over time - yes we will have to re-read those parts.

Last edited:
Yes I think if I remember rightly that at 50% the gene does activate, but by doing the 2 weeks at 20% or 500cals it'll kick start it quickly x

Thank you. I dont think I actually saw it in the book thinking about it:confused: but what you two has said does make sense. Thanks:D

Okay I re-read parts of the book last night. He deosn't talk about that specifically but he does discuss a study that says a complete fast of just 24 hours causes a sharp rise in SIRT1. Also the asthma study people had no symptoms return until 10-14 days after stopping JUDDD suggesting that SIRT1 carries on for quite a while until it slowly drops. So you may still have raised levels of SIRT1 and then to kick start it again you could have a comeplete fast day or close to that?

Okay I re-read parts of the book last night. He deosn't talk about that specifically but he does discuss a study that says a complete fast of just 24 hours causes a sharp rise in SIRT1. Also the asthma study people had no symptoms return until 10-14 days after stopping JUDDD suggesting that SIRT1 carries on for quite a while until it slowly drops. So you may still have raised levels of SIRT1 and then to kick start it again you could have a comeplete fast day or close to that?
Oh thats intersting as the the mo Im only taking around 400 calories a day:confused: I think what I will do it jump straight back to the induction phase and see what happens. If i end up stabbing the husband ;) I know the PMT side hasn't kicked in and if a lose a couple of lbs it's not a bad thing.

If i end up stabbing the husband ;) I know the PMT side hasn't kicked in and if a lose a couple of lbs it's not a bad thing.

Oh blimey I am going to end up as an accessory to murder! Wonder what jail food is like at Christmas.....? ;)

Hahaha, luckily my ups and downs recently with the diet didn't effect the PMT side, I still didn't get any :D So I'm not likely to stab anybody lol! Jelly you'd better tell your OH to run!!!

Haha he had better after the day Ive had!
Oh blimey I am going to end up as an accessory to murder! Wonder what jail food is like at Christmas.....? ;)
Hehe prob porridge

Nah they get fed well in prision! It's better than hospital food! They have more money for prision food than they do for hospital and school meals!!

Back