Jumping to JUDDD to get me to goal, and beyond!

How's it going for you Cate? xx

Day 26 - DD

Had a reasonably good UD yesterday in terms of calories but the food wasn't especially healthy. It's 6pm now and all I've had today is a tiny slice of cheese at breakfast time and two coffees with milk. So I have about 400 calories still available to me tonight. Think I might have some oatcakes and butter bean spread for tea rather than shakes. Haven't been particularly hungry either. Maybe in future I'd be better on my DDs not eating all day and saving all my calorie allowance for the evening.

So, two UDs to look forward to as of tomorrow. Am going to try and be good to make up for my failed DD on Wednesday. What I'm realising is that, at the moment, I don't feel like big meals and would rather snack on things like crackers and cheese or toast and pate throughout the day but that doesn't seem very healthy so I'm almost forcing myself to eat a 'proper' meal on my UDs. I think it's time to start listening to my body and going with the flow.

Wishing everyone a fab weekend.

I know what u mean about snacking rather than big meals :) Enjoy ur UDs! X

Me too - I've been like that for a while although started to cook a proper evening meal from yesterday due to upping my running distance.

Glad it's going well Cate - enjoy your up days :) x

I much prefer to snack too. That way you can spread your food out and make it last longer. Nothing like a bit of pick and mix. Hope your weekend is going well Cate x

Day 27- UD

It's frightening how quickly calories add up. I went back over the food I've eaten today, even though I don't feel like I've pigged out and just eaten normally, the total is alarming!

Breakfast: sausage sandwich - 2 x slices bread (260), 2 x sausages (240), butter (30) = 530 cals
Lunch - 6 x oatcakes (300), butter bean dip - guessing about 150 cals = 450 cals
Dinner - Sainsbury's chicken tikka masala (860), 2 x samosas (260), 2 x glasses wine (200), fruit and yoghurt (200) = 1520 :eek:
Nibbled bar of chocolate all day = 550

Day total 3050!!!! That's 1055 over my TDEE.

I've got to change what I'm eating on my UDs as I look at this and honestly, it didn't seem like a lot as I was eating it - a sausage sandwich, a few oatcakes, a supermarket ready meal, a couple of glasses of wine and a bit of fruit and a couple of dessert spoons of yoghurt. And the chocolate, which I know was OTT. But it's all so calorie dense. Have to make changes. Funny that when I was VLCDing I was craving salad. Since I started JUDDDing I haven't craved a salad once. LOL.

Can't eat anything else tonight so am having to gorge on Inspector Montalbano instead. LOL.

Just redone my figures and have a new plan.

3 x 500 fast days Monday, Wednesday, Friday
2 x 1560 BMR calorie days Tuesday and Thursday
2 x up to 2200 calorie days, Saturday and Sunday

Fast days as the plan. Have worked out that that my TDEEE is 1880 x 4 = 7520. Minus 2 days at 1560 = 4440. Divide this by the weekend days = 2200 per day or 4400 for the weekend in total. So had better stick to around 1300 calories tomorrow to make up for today's massive over calorie consumption.

That looks good Cate, hopefully it'll work better for you with your new plan - it is amazing how soon the calories add up xx

Cate, have just sat with a coffee and read your diary right through. I love the honesty, the thought processes and the inspiration! You are doing so well and seeing this as long term rather than a quick fix has got to be right and adjusting as you go. Having been on a VLCD since February and nearing my goal I am thinking seriously about JUDDD and have been reading the book ( not finished it yet as always so busy!). You have inspired me that JUDDD could work for me too going forward, so I am thinking about tomorrow being my last weigh in on VLCD and then adjusting to JUDDD, which will be a real learning process. So please keep posting and keep inspiring. Am salivating at the thought of butter bean dip (though butter beans are hard to come by in France and don't think haricot blancs will work the same)! You are doing great girl! x

Day 28 - UD

Well didn't stick to my 1300 cals today as my sister, her husband, my niece and nephew got back from Barcelona where they've been on hols for the past month so my mum cooked a family meal. Roast pork and syrup sponge with cream. But I didn't know we were going until about 1pm so had already eaten quite a lot for breakfast. So, now going to have a couple of glasses of white wine tonight and new regime starts tomorrow! ;)

Just a shout out to the GB and NI athletics team - you've been great. I've lost my voice today screaming for Mo Farah in the 5,000 metres and the men's and women's 400 and 100 metre relay teams. Truly amazing performances. James came down when I was watching the girls' 100 metre relay and said he thought I was being murdered!! Don't know what the neighbours thought. :eek:

I know what you mean about shouting and cheering. I was like that too. So exciting!!! There were a few tumbles yesterday. Poor guy looked like he'd knacked his hamstring during the 1500m...

Have a good DD :) x

Day 29 - DD

Today has been fine despite the extra early start. I should have done some work yesterday because I was due in the office today but I hadn't done it so ended up getting up at 5am to get it done. Didn't have my first bar though until 9.30am with my first coffee of the day when I arrived in the office. Had another coffee during the day and lots of water. Then when I picked James up from mum's I had a smallish portion of her homemade fish pie with a few french beans. Although I was ready to eat by the time I had my evening meal it hasn't been a hungry day. Almost 11pm now and yes, am feeling a bit peckish but nothing major. Weigh-in tomorrow but I'm not confident. Have been doing this for a month now and unless I've miraculously lost 2.5lbs taking me close to a 7lb loss then this isn't going fast enough for me. Still, new regime started today so having a 1560 calorie day tomorrow and going to fit in 30 mins on the rebounder too. I will do this.

Good luck for weigh in Cate x

Good luck cate!

Back