maintenance with 5:2

Made a pot of carrot soup this morning and my low cal fruit jellies and not ate yet. Done fast n furious, day 18 abs n thighs and now hula hooping. Stripped beds and even done a cooked breakfast for them. 2 loads of washing done and all dishes done. Will shower and take a walk to tesco I think. I WILL balance yesterday out! Not ate anything yet but last nights Chinese is very much still in my belly lol xxx

So ended up pushing the homemade soup over to tomorrow's fast day as hubby and I will have half each at 154kcals. Today I had a sushi snack pack, some pineapple, a ww chicken curry, pk velvet crisps, glass of Pepsi max, 5 thorntons sweets at 62kcal each and 100g pomegranate. Came in at 980kcals so hoping to have evened yesterday's "feast day" lol. Tummy still very full so feeling good with what I chose today. All exercise done. I'm looking forward to my fast tomorrow xxx

Today's fast going well, on 173 so far. Vanilla latte for breakfast, ww chicken noodle soup for lunch, and 4 pieces of 2kcal gum. Fast n furious done, day 19 of abs n thigh challenge and currently got 11 mins left of power hula. Busy at work today and some really crappy hours but overall better than last week so hoping that things are slowly getting a bit better? I really hope so xxx

Finished on 492, carrot and onion soup 154kcaks for tea, 250mls diet irn bru 2kcals, aldi sf jellie with blueberries 19kcals, butterscotch hot choc 39kcals, pink n white 50kcals and tesco sweet popcorn 60kcals. Fast day done! Xxx

So up, coffee, quick tidy, fast n furioused, showered, made breakfast, now eating breakfast and boy is it good! 2 x whole meal toast with 30g smooth peanut butter and 1 small banana and a black coffee. 440kcals of pure heaven xxx

image-3597386089.jpg

I gain weight so easily, I'm always going to have to be mindful to some respect, the two weeks I couldn't exercise my average cals were around 200-2200 per day when worked out over the week and I gained. Everytime I've hit goal before I've ended up regaining everything and more. For me it's a choice, of course there's somedays if we're out for a meal I don't know the exact cals but I just choose healthy low cal options through the day so I can indulge a bit at my meal and I do choose wisely. It's about balance and I hand in heart can honestly say I find it easier knowing what I'm putting in my body than guessing. I know it can be depressing and another year or even months I might say otherwise but I'm only 5 months into maintenance ( 5 months tomorrow) which is the longest in my 21 years of dieting I've ever kept within my weight range. It does say it can take 1yr for the hormone levels or something to balance out after weight loss to maintain but I do know I wouldn't be maintaining if I wasn't counting. Mfp is my saviour. And it's a small price to pay for me to feel happy and in control, I don't want to fear any type of food but I do wang to know the cals so I can decide if its worth it? I don't know if it makes sense but I'd love to say maintenance is easy, it's not. It's easier now than it was but it's because I know what cals I need to maintain weekly. I can only maintain with counting at this moment in time. Xxx

That makes a lot of sense Carrie. I suppose maintenance will be different for everyone, and I know I'll probably be exactly the same when I finally get my weight to where I want! I guess I kind of hoped there would be a natural readjustment of my metabolism, helping to maintain a lower weight, but that's just wishful thinking probably! I also envisioned just keeping an eye on my weight more than food, and making adjustments as and when needed. I think I just hate weighing everything and feeling restricted!

That makes a lot of sense Carrie. I suppose maintenance will be different for everyone, and I know I'll probably be exactly the same when I finally get my weight to where I want! I guess I kind of hoped there would be a natural readjustment of my metabolism, helping to maintain a lower weight, but that's just wishful thinking probably! I also envisioned just keeping an eye on my weight more than food, and making adjustments as and when needed. I think I just hate weighing everything and feeling restricted!

I think it's a different feeling of restriction once were at goal though its more protecting ourselves. I do feel deprived sometimes but I know I can have whatever I fancy on another day. I think that's why ill always continue with 5:2 or 6:1. That one or 2 days a week is enough to maintain for me. And a diet a few days a week to keep this body I've worked so hard for, is nothing. I've lost and regained so many times that I know my calories were never right once hitting a weight I was happy with. This way is manageable now, may find I can be trusted to gage calories later but not at this moment, I am a fat person. Just coz I've lost the weight doesn't make me thin, yes I appear slim but I very much still have the mindset if a fat person. My bmi was over 40 at my biggest. I was classed as morbidly obese. Morbid? I'm happy to measure and weigh lol, infact I'd say I enjoy it. I'm one person amongst thousands on this forum. Others ( yourself included ) may excell at maintenance with not a log of effort and I do wish you do. I know sadly I'm not one of them. This is always going to be hard work, but I feel and look good. Feel confident, and that reminder every day is enough to keep me right. Yes I have blips and bad days knit I get straight back to my usual way. :) xxx

Started at 7:45 am and finished at 7:05pm today, hubby met me on my lunch break and tested to me to costa, I had 1 x small skinny latte, 1 soft cheese and salmon sandwich and a jammy biscuit 769kcal lunch. Had the rest of my soup when I got in 154kcals and a white choc magnum 260kcals. According to my tdee I should have 374kcals left and I dunno if ill manage it. Don't wanna eat so late at night just for the sake of it. Doing my hula now as put youngest to bed. Looking forward to my fast day tomorrow xxx

As ever so motivating! A really good day and definitely no deprivation there either! I can't wait to get rid of this stone and a bit and then onto 5:2 (again) and for the long term.

Really liking the idea of doing a 5:2 or 6:1 to maintain once I've lost. Thanks for sharing Carrie :) x

Very busy tiring day today, only had 168kcals so far, hula hooping just now then will put youngest to bed and have my tea and snacks that I've planned. Tomorrow will be another busy day but I'm only 6hrs tomorrow ( through school hours with no break ) feeling like I'm burning the candle at both ends a bit but, needs must and I always knew this working week was going to be tough. But am pleased to report I still MAKE time for exercise, it's my release and I love the sense of calm once I'm done. Sorry I'm not posting on others diaries, but I'm reading. Work is taking up so much of my energy just now. Can't weigh tomorrow due to work so ill weigh in in sat again. Must say looking forward to it. I'm working so hard for a body, mind and a confidence that always seemed so far away... It's here it's now... Can't explain the feeling of contentment. Xxx

Can I ask you something about your exercise, i am currently doing crossfit which is quite tough and haven't yet dared do it on a DD, do you find you can work out ok all the time? Thanks! Xx

I personally find it no different, I do my cardio first thing, always have so I've never had any calories ( except the day beforehand cals lol ) and just do strength and hula after work so no exertion really. I was exercising daily before I started 5:2 so just carried on and have never had problems. I don't know if I could do cardio at night after a fast but I prefer doing it first thing when the kids are still asleep lol xxx

And I did do the 63 day insanity challenge during fasting some of which was 1hr 26mins of intense cardio and was completely fine. Xxx

Wow! Imam still in awe of you. It is wonderful you have incorporated exercise into your lifestyle and make time for even though you are a busy working mum! Jeez! I am ashamed of myself so having become so lazy! Ok that's it no more procrastinating for me I WILL get exercising again properly (I have done two walk/runs this week and a short walk today). I think I need to have daily exercise plan.

Thanks again for always sharing the good and the bad:) x

It's such a lovely thing for you to say, I'm just making time for me, I'm a mum, a wife, a cleaner, a cook and a worker, but I'm also me. If it means getting up at 5:30 so I can do what makes me happy then ill take it. I'm
On my feet all day at work and coming home to some "fun" hula after getting the kids and hubby sorted is 30 mins of Me time again is fab. I honestly don't want anyone to think my way is the only way, but it works for me, I enjoy it, so am not gonna change lol xxx

Been a busy day today but trying to get everything done by hubby getting in so we can sit and watch a movie. Had branflakes, fat free strawberry yoghurt, banana, 1 slice wholemeal toast, with 10g peanut butter and a black coffee for breakfast, not had lunch but had 12 maoam sweets in work... Tiny little things and mfp has them at 236kcals! 3 x pink n whites, caramel latte, pk whisps and a strawberry water. On 937kcals so far out a possible 2005. Lazy tea for me, I honestly have no oomph at night to make myself a decent dinner. More a feeder lol. Kids and hubby will be having gammon, eggs n chips... Ill prob have a ww meal with extra veg. Done fast n furious, day 22 abs n thighs and doing hula now. Packed lunches done, school clothes ready and 2 loads done and I just finished at 3pm! Looking forward to 3pm tomorrow as were off till Monday and my wee pal is coming from Edinburgh for a catch up and a wine or 3. Last fast of the week tomorrow! Then weigh in Saturday! Exciting!!! Xxx

Back