Major crisis - Averted!

AmandaJayne

Trainee Maintainer
Well, when I say 'major crisis' it is only in connection with my CD journey. Still, it was somewhat unpleasent while it lasted.

Today I met with former colleagues from previous job for a coffee. All well and good. They decided to have lunch but I said that I'd have mine later (they don't know about CD). I was arranging to meet another friend later, so they said "Oh, you'll be having lunch later with xxx then".

"Yes" I replied. Then the crooked thoughts kicked in and I wondered what on the menu would be 'suitable' if I decided to eat today. Couldn't decide because I was torn between eating something and not eating something.

Fortunately, I was late meeting friend later and we just had coffee, not lunch. Problem averted.

Had a tetra as soon as I got home, plus glass of water and a large tea. Still wanted to eat though. It was like a monster unleashed which wouldn't be placated. I couldn't get onto Minis because there was a problem with the server. So I just put up with it. It was uncomfortable and I was naffed off.

Fortunately there was nothing 'suitable' in the fridge (I looked). I said to myself "Sleep on it, you'll be ok tomorrow". It is true, I will. It's just that I am used to reacting to this feeling, not fighting it.

I am feeling pleased that I have won this particular battle. Back on track now...

AJ

Well done AJ that must have been really hard to do but what a great feeling once youd resisted.

Been meaning to catch up with you for ages.

Hope youre doing ok
*HUGS*

Well done for that! I guess each time you manage to resist it'll get easier for the next time.... you should feel very proud of yourself for refraining! x

Well done you did so well to ignore the food devil!!! :) xx

See????!!!! You can do hard things can't you:cool: Always said you were a star :)

It's just that I am used to reacting to this feeling, not fighting it.

And the more you practice not reacting to it in a negative way (eating), the better you will get at it :clap:

Don't fight it either though. It's a feeling, that's all. A chance to practice 'not reacting' to it by eating. It's good, because the more it happens the more practice you get at resisting, and so you get stronger and stronger at resisting.

That helps in maintenance. Be at peace with it.

Well done AJ :clap:

Well done AJ that must have been really hard to do but what a great feeling once youd resisted.

Been meaning to catch up with you for ages.

Hope youre doing ok
*HUGS*

Aw thanks Sandy, Hanloje, Emma, Irene and Bev for your support so quickly!

These thoughts come out of nowhere and catch us unaware, before we know it we are sucked in and find ourselves justifying a course of action which is ultimately disasterous for us.

I didn't have the opportunity to do a thought record, but also, I didn't want to fight back. I wanted to eat something and feel the agitation cease. It is not the answer though and I KNEW that too. I visualised tomorrow morning, how I would feel, and that was helpful to stop the thoughts, and bring me back to reflecting for a while.

I'm just watching BB and it has made me feel better, just watching Rex and Nicole sniping:D:D:D:D.

AJ

See????!!!! You can do hard things can't you:cool: Always said you were a star :)

And the more you practice not reacting to it in a negative way (eating), the better you will get at it :clap:

Don't fight it either though. It's a feeling, that's all. A chance to practice 'not reacting' to it by eating. It's good, because the more it happens the more practice you get at resisting, and so you get stronger and stronger at resisting.

That helps in maintenance. Be at peace with it.

Well done AJ :clap:

Aha! CD Counsellor Extraordinaire:D.

KD it's good to hear from you.

I get the feeling that I'll be 'practicing' not reacting a lot. I think it is a good idea to continue with SSing plus milk for a while longer before AAM. I've just started my third week and have lost 12lbs so far. I can get into my size 20 trousers easily now and that's a bonus.

AJ

Aha! CD Counsellor Extraordinaire:D.

:rotflmao: Not quite yet. Working on it though :D

I think it is a good idea to continue with SSing plus milk for a while longer before AAM.

Not sure whether anyone has mentioned this to you yet, but you know AAM doesn't exist anymore?

You can SS for 12 weeks at a time :)

How are you finding the shakes?
I've just started my third week and have lost 12lbs so far

Well in the zone :clap: Oooh, so good isn't it :clap:

Not sure whether anyone has mentioned this to you yet, but you know AAM doesn't exist anymore?

Yes KD I know the format has changed, but what I meant was, at the moment I am having 4 packs and 200ml milk - no food, but I could change to 3 packs and a 200cal 'white and green' meal at some stage (is that a bit like the old AAM?) and still be on step one, before moving to the next step (810 cals a day).

You can SS for 12 weeks at a time :)

Yes, but I don't think that I'll do that this time. I am hoping to be a bit more flexible.

How are you finding the shakes?

I just use the tetras because they are the most convenient. Can't be bothered with making up shakes and soups to be honest. I know there is a new flavour coming out (strawberry), so looking forward to that one, but I like the banana and chocolate well enough.

I was going to ask how it was to be back at school, but of course you are still on holiday:D - basking in the....rain?

We started back this week, the kids going back on Tuesday. I have moved to a new school and went out on strike on Wednesday:eek:. Met former colleagues (also on strike) at Wetherspoons for lots of coffee and gossip;).

Very much enjoying the job so far. Have hardly got lost at all:D.

Funnily enough, am supervising in the dining hall for 15 minutes at lunchtime and it is proving to be a bit tortuous. Not the kids, who are well behaved and relatively quiet, but the lovely smells coming from the kitchen - chicken curry on Tuesday and sausage and mash today. Awfully hard not to grasp hold of a passing sausage today, I can tell you:eek:.

Later, during my lunchtime I tried to visualise my tetra into a plate of sausage and mash - didn't work:(.

Still, my choice - who needs sausages?

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, KD.

AJ

Ack. Sorry AJ, missed this:eek:
I was going to ask how it was to be back at school, but of course you are still on holiday:D - basking in the....rain?

Yep. One more week of rain, then it must be time to go back to school:cool:
We started back this week, the kids going back on Tuesday. I have moved to a new school and went out on strike on Wednesday:eek:.

OMG, was it that bad? Would have been a good idea to try a few days before you went out on strike :D

Very much enjoying the job so far. Have hardly got lost at all:D.

:D. I used to have this thing where I was too scared to ask where the loo was in a new job. I would hold on all day:eek: After a few months, unless I found it sooner, I found I couldn't ask....it was too late.

"Excuse me...I know I've been here 6 months, but could you tell me where the toilets are". Get what I mean :D

Funnily enough, am supervising in the dining hall for 15 minutes at lunchtime and it is proving to be a bit tortuous. Not the kids, who are well behaved and relatively quiet, but the lovely smells coming from the kitchen - chicken curry on Tuesday and sausage and mash today.

Ouch. Tough one. I was lucky as we don't have school dinners at school. There is no kitchen! The eat a packed lunch brought from home. Rarely a whiff of anything, though I have had to open a few too many packets of crisps:rolleyes:

Awfully hard not to grasp hold of a passing sausage today, I can tell you:eek:.

:D I bet. Don't think kiddos would be too pleased if your nicked their sausages though;)

Later, during my lunchtime I tried to visualise my tetra into a plate of sausage and mash - didn't work:(.

Need to brush up on your visualizing skills. I had this mighty fine technique when I was on SS. If I wanted something...say a bar of choc...I would pretend to have one. I would actually act out the getting/removing wrapper/biting off a bit/chewing/swallowing etc. I could do the whole bar and feel really satisfied after :confused:

I remember being called away once when I was half way through my imaginery bar. So annoyed when I returned as I couldn't find it :D Yeah...very weird like that, but the imagery was so strong, I could believe it was real.

How's it going anyway. I'm so far behind with messages at the mo. Caught up in another part of my life, and not getting on here much recently.

Hello All:wavey:

Thank you so much Lynn and MummyPower and KD for your best wishes.

Things have been going pretty well this week. Have lost just over a stone in three weeks, so am pleased with progress.

Spoke with my CDC today and decided to move on to Step 2 for a week, see how I go. She actually suggesed I eat what the rest of the family (kids) eat but in a smaller portion size, but I would prefer lots of lovely veg, spinach and grilled chicken or salmon. My kids would turn their noses up at that.

Jamie has just cooked himself a fry-up:eek:, and Jayne is cooking chilli prawns and noodles.

I want to remain in ketosis for as long as possible although I realise that that may not be possible.

On another matter, I am pleased that staff at my new school have readily accepted my 'lunch' choice without questions or remarks. They are a nice, pleasent lot and I am pleased I made the switch. I wonder if I'd spent too long at the previous school. I suppose we get used to the way things are done. I am getting used to the different routines and slowly beginning to make changes to the public displays in the school. It'll be a big job!

I've brought a school camera home to get to grips with, first of all I need to figure out how to switch it on:D. No, I'm not kidding, I can't find an 'on' switch. Hehehe.

Regards to everyone.

AJ

Things have been going pretty well this week. Have lost just over a stone in three weeks, so am pleased with progress.

That's brill! :clap:

Spoke with my CDC today and decided to move on to Step 2 for a week, see how I go. She actually suggesed I eat what the rest of the family (kids) eat but in a smaller portion size,

Why:sigh: That wouldn't be step 2. In fact, that wouldn't be Cambridge. Wonder what her reasoning is:confused:
but I would prefer lots of lovely veg, spinach and grilled chicken or salmon.

Phew. Relief!

I want to remain in ketosis for as long as possible although I realise that that may not be possible.

SS+ = stay in ketosis. 810 = probably stay in ketosis. Weigh out portions. Stick to the book. Make it easy for yourself :cool:

I guess you feel the need to eat? You know, you don't have to for 12 weeks, though it is a good idea to face food every now and again as long as it's planned and you stick to the book.

I've brought a school camera home to get to grips with, first of all I need to figure out how to switch it on:D. No, I'm not kidding, I can't find an 'on' switch. Hehehe.

Haha. It's a difficult one. Look for the button 'power' or 'on'. That usually works (unless it's in Chinese) :D

Quote:
Haha. It's a difficult one. Look for the button 'power' or 'on'. That usually works (unless it's in Chinese) :D

Yes, thanks for the advice KD! My daughter found the 'on' button straight away. It sits within another button and I just didn't notice it:D.

"I guess you feel the need to eat? You know, you don't have to for 12 weeks, though it is a good idea to face food every now and again as long as it's planned and you stick to the book."

It's a weird one, KD. I don't want to SS for 12 weeks. I've already done that with LL. I want to trial having a bit of food with three packs to see how I go. If I can't cope, then yes, I'll go back to SSing. However, I really need to start thinking about actually putting into practice what I have learned to date, for the long term.

So, for the moment I will continue to have my pack at breakfast, lunch and one when I get home from school. I'll eat something suitable an hour or so later on. And keep up the water:tear_drop::tear_drop: too.

It may slow the losses down, but as long as there are still losses, that's a result. Then over time I'll move on to the next stage and so on.

Thanks KS for your advice.

AJ

Back