major fail

sonyamc

Can't believe I have fallen on day 3 of attack :( . Went out for a friends birthday lunch with all good intentions. The salad with the chicken was just too much temptation. I was good with mineral water but then totally blipped with a glass of white wine. I felt so guilty not joining in for my best friends birthday it was just too much for me , I am so mad now I am home and looking at tea(chicken and cottage cheese) so....what do I do now? Carry on attack or do I have to start all over again? Please please please tell me how you have all managed to resist temptation ? I can't believe I have let myself down. . Where do I go from here? :(

You did exactly what I did. On day three for me too. Though I think I way super indulged more than you. I felt bad, but have learned to let slip ups go and look at them only positively for what I learn from them .that way I come out super more motivated. Know how after it, it wasn't that enjoyable, not worth it, and not where I want to be.

I'm not sure what is proper. I started all over but think that was not the best maybe. Someone will come along and give opinions.

Hi Sonya, dust yourself down and carry on! How much attack were you planning to do in total?
After you have done a number of days in attack (depends on the person) your body will 'switch' to ketosis mode - at that moment you may experience a bit of 'dukan flu' - feeling unwell, lethargic, headaches, again it varies. After that moment though you may find the the tmptation has gone and saying 'no thank you' becomes remarkably easy. In fact some people have to make themselves eat because the feeling of hunger goes too. So stick with it for a few more days, today's blip will have done no damage (but you should not repeat it).
Try to avoid social occasions until you feel more comfortable with the diet. Take your own food. If necessary give a 'medical' excuse for not drinking etc etc.
If you have more social occasions coming up maybe wait to do proper attack until they are finished? I deferred my start by a week and a dya to get a number of parties etc out of the way. A few weeks later. at my daughters birthday party, I made a lovely chocolate cake and plenty of other goodies and it was no problem not eating any. In fact I had permitted myself to have a piece of cake but in the end I did not even want it.

I'm afraid I only resist temptation by avoiding it - I have been known to say no to invitations (always tactfully). But sometimes I know you can't do that!

I was planning to do 6 days attack...so day three fail. Thanks for making me feel not so bad and I am going to jump straight back onto it. I was actually thinking about having some cheese on toast befor I saw your replies!!! So...lots of water for me tonight..and hopefully I won't undo the last 3 days . Thanks for your replies and support, its just what I needed!! :) x

Best thing is to carry on as if it didn't happen - it's too much on your insides to restart and end up repeating attack over and over....just finish your intended attack phase and get onto cruise as soon as you can - you need veggies :) x

and don't just drink water eat lots of protein too!!!!!

if you get any hunger pangs this evening, eat some protein, it will help you stay away from the toast!

If it makes u feel any better i ate cake and chocolate today, i got so wound up with someone it was that or kill them!!

Needless to say after a cup of tea i carried on with my PV day as normal, im sure you will still see a loss with 3 days to go! I lost 5lbs after 3 days of attack!

I presume you've not been on the official website to calculate how many days' attack is right for you (leastwise, if you have, I'd be surprised ifthey're recommending 6 days at your weight)? Check out our FAQs for more info!

Good luck!

Thank you everyone! I only had protein and water last night so don't feel as bad today. I checked what my dukan site said for attack and it says 7 days but I personally thought it was too long for me. I am going to do another 2 days including today and start the next stage on saturday, I am not even going to bother weighing till tomorrow so I don't get de motivated. Thanks again all! I am finding this forum really helpful and its so much better talking to real people rather than having to "look up" info and refer to the book. Knowing real people are also having the same problems and supporting each other is great. X

After you have done a number of days in attack (depends on the person) your body will 'switch' to ketosis mode - at that moment you may experience a bit of 'dukan flu' - feeling unwell, lethargic, headaches, again it varies. After that moment though you may find the the tmptation has gone and saying 'no thank you' becomes remarkably easy.

Good to know!
When I first done that in 2008 I panicked even if I had read the book and the headaches were mentioned... it was more like a flue, sickness and all!
But it passed... temptations too...
:)

Best thing is to carry on as if it didn't happen - it's too much on your insides to restart and end up repeating attack over and over....just finish your intended attack phase and get onto cruise as soon as you can - you need veggies :) x

I can't wait for a massive bowl of salad!! I have to say I am craving fruit so much..:(

If you crave fruit, you could try goji berries.
I let them in a little yogurt overnight and have them in the morning.
Delicious&fruity!

Also think about rhubarb might help the fruit craving! x

Looking forward to rhbarb and goji when I have finished this attack!! Thanks :)

you're all doing great!

Job well done by everyone who has posted - even if you have "failed" after a few days, at least you're trying. Sometimes it takes a while to get in the right mindset.

I just re-posted my recent post again because I am a newbie. Please take the time to read it and offer support.

HAPPY LOSING! :)

Last edited:
Back