Make A Meal

Texty_F

Gold Member
I don't know if this has already been done - but how about putting a list of ingredients you have handy and someone coming up with a meal idea made from those ingredients.

I took some lean minced beef out of the freezer but im sick of making spag bol or lasagna so here goes :

I have - mince, onions, peppers, tomatoes fresh and tinned, white cabbage, eggs, fresh mint, garlic, curry powder, potatoes and carrots

Any suggestions

0% natural yogurt needed ................

Make as spag bol or savoury mince with diced carrots/onions/spuds. When done, transfer to oven proof dish and pour mix of (whisk together 4 eggs, pot of 0% natural yogurt, herbs & seasoning to taste).

Cook at 180 for approx 35 mins until browning nicely.

I forgot I had the yogurt :) thanks minimunchkins. I sometimes struggle with ideas for meals as hubby and son are so fussy grrrrrr

Have you tried a site called Supercook: recipe search by ingredients you have at home

Put a list of things you have in your fridge etc and it will give you different recipes that you can make and if you only require one or two ingredients that you don't have, it will offer those also but telling you what you need.

My hubby is a really fussy eater and I found this site often helps.

I also get a few ideas from the Quorn website. I only use Quorn for sausages and mince but I get other ideas too.

No I havn't Princesslou thankyou - If anyone else wants to add ingredients to the thread to get ideas from other members please feel free :)

Have you tried a site called Supercook: recipe search by ingredients you have at home

Put a list of things you have in your fridge etc and it will give you different recipes that you can make and if you only require one or two ingredients that you don't have, it will offer those also but telling you what you need.

My hubby is a really fussy eater and I found this site often helps.

I also get a few ideas from the Quorn website. I only use Quorn for sausages and mince but I get other ideas too.

Hey thanks for this link - I am just about to explore!

I don't know if this has already been done - but how about putting a list of ingredients you have handy and someone coming up with a meal idea made from those ingredients.

I took some lean minced beef out of the freezer but im sick of making spag bol or lasagna so here goes :

I have - mince, onions, peppers, tomatoes fresh and tinned, white cabbage, eggs, fresh mint, garlic, curry powder, potatoes and carrots

Any suggestions
How about meatballs? It means the same ingredients as spaghetti bolognese but somehow always feels fancier to me!!

Haha lush but im trying not to eat much cheese at all because once i start i cant stop, i eat it by the chunk and im not talking small chunks :8855:

Stuffed cabbage.
Fry onions and garlic and add your mince. Add a little mint and some beef stock.
Blanche your cabbage leaves, chill in cold water, drain and wrap up the meat mix in the leaves. Put in an oven dish. Make a nice tomato sauce and pour over and bake in the oven.

Stuffed cabbage.
Fry onions and garlic and add your mince. Add a little mint and some beef stock.
Blanche your cabbage leaves, chill in cold water, drain and wrap up the meat mix in the leaves. Put in an oven dish. Make a nice tomato sauce and pour over and bake in the oven.

I have quite a few Polish friends who love this. Not for me though, hate cabbage. Lol. However, little Spinach parcels work well.

Texty_F said:

Any suggestions

Leave out the white cabbage, eggs and fresh mint. Use the other ingredients to make mince beef kheema and serve it with sw chips. (The kheema is basically curry flavour mince and it tastes gorgous) ;)

Back