Making a promise to myself!!

Sammixi

I have tried to lose weight so many times in the past, sometimes I have lost weight but more often than not i fail and end up being heavier than I was before. My Husband is always supportive no matter what and has always said he would be concerned about my weight only if it started to effect my health, now it has....I have recently been diagnosed with diabetes this has made me think long and hard about my lifestyle in general so I am making this promise to myself and to all of you, this time I will lose all those extra lbs, I know I will have my ups and downs, days when I let myself down but I won't give up I will pick myself up, dust myself down and carry on here's to a brighter and much healthier 2010 for all of us!!:)

Sammixi
Well your in the right place for help and support...this is a really good web-site to keep you motivated...I had a really bad day today (as per a previous post) and knowing that this forum is here to rant and rave on about whatever, really does help.
What diet are you going to try? I'm doing Go Lower. Find it a really good diet ('cept today - didn't get the job!), but will be back on it properly tomorrow. I always think of 1 day at a time. Today not so good, tomorrow will be fine. I've only been doing Go Lower for just over 2 weeks now. 1st week lost 5lbs and the second week 4lbs. You are supposed to loose a stone a month, so, so far am on track.
Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do. The fact that you have a supportive hubby is a good start.
xx

It's difficult isn't it? Sometimes when we start a diet, our intentions are good but our heart isn't quite fully in it so we give up and start the cycle all over again.

I have been just like you in the past - I joined minimins over a year ago, over a stone lighter than I am now! Say no more eh?

I've found that this time instead of thinking of it as a "diet" (because I truly believe that's where a lot of people stumble) I have decided it is a lifestyle change. I keep telling myself that every piece of fruit/veg/healthy protein etc that I put into my mouth the healthier I am becoming. Usually by the time all that healthy stuff has gone in I don't fancy the rubbish any more but even if I do, I don't deny myself just a little of it.

Minimins is fantastic and you will find so many like-minded people on here who have been where you are now and come out the other side glowing :)

My advice to you is to keep positive about it as much as possible and never say never! You CAN and you WILL get there Sammixi! :D

Last thing, if you ever need anything, just ask! Everyone here is really helpful x

It is hard, but it is very true what they say. The small changes add up to the bigger change. Take it day by day, week by week. We all have good days/weeks and bad ones. It will just become habbit and before you know it you will be there.

Back