Making curry creamy.

Harley Quinn

What syn-free product would you add to a curry to make it creamy? Fat free natural yoghurt, fromage frais, or something else entirely? Going to Asda right now but I'll have my phone so hopefully someone will come up with something soon! Thanks lovelies!

Bit late for your shopping trip but i prefer fromage frais as yogurt splits really easy and although the taste is there it does not look as nice.

also i havent tried it myself as i like tomato currys and Petes peanut curry is creamy enough for me but some people swear by blitzed cauliflower. there is a thread somewhere.

What syn-free product would you add to a curry to make it creamy? Fat free natural yoghurt, fromage frais, or something else entirely? Going to Asda right now but I'll have my phone so hopefully someone will come up with something soon! Thanks lovelies!

I use from age frais, a lot of the SW curry recipes use it and it seems to survive better than FF yogurt when cooked! I add it right at the end though once the curry has cooled slightly just to make sure it doesn't split.

I use grated creamed coconut too (the one you get in a block) - 8.5 syns for 25g but you don't need that much tbh. I end up using about half of that which works out at 2 syns per person and tastes so much better than coconut flavouring :)

Back