Making it through the day

floss

Hi lovely cc'ers

I'm just looking for some advice really. This past week has been incredible for me. Iv literally had a "lightbulb" moment where I realised on wednesday that I need to stop constantly trying silly diets and just eat sensibly, count my calories and lose weight. My binging used to start around 2.00 after not eating all day, but the past 3 days iv eaten my healthy porridge brekkie, a fruit snack, my tuna pitta and fruit for lunch then a banana.

My problem is I just cant seem to get through the full day! I keep telling myself "okay, today is the day I will properly start my weight loss plan" but around 6.00 I convince myself somehow that starting tomorrow is a much better Idea and to go and eat something not on plan! Last night I didnt even really binge badly, just ate a few naughty things. I dont know if im scared but I just cant seem to let myself successfully get through the day and actually start this diet! :confused:

It's so stupid! I want nothing more than to lose weight. Anyone been through this or got any advice?

Tbh, Nobody can give you the will power to start this thing, you need to think 'no. not tomorrow. today'
I also think you're eating a bit too well... factor in bite sized pieces of things you love.. you usually eat quavers? Factor them in.. chocolate? have a 100 cal portion of a freddo or a curly wurly. I eat so much food that I enjoy that I can't justify binging anymore.
The first week or so is the hardest, or was for me.. once you see losses you'll be motivated.

Also.. Log everything, even things you're ashamed that you've eaten, otherwise you'll sneaky eat (like I used to) and that's a bad habit. You can also look at it and think 'that was so not worth it'

If you Start TODAY, you have about 15 weigh ins until you anniversary. At 2 lbs loss a week.. you can make your target! Just think of how you don't want to have this weight then. You can do it.. I'm about 50lbs heavier than you! I had a serious attachment to food, and I'm doing it.

Sorry for the tinnnny ramble there, just really want you to succeed

thanks katiepillow, that was actually really helpful. Plus, im ecstatic to report that I stuck to my guns and today has become my day 1! I'm so proud of myself, and i'm so full! Lol eating 3 meals a day is really doing me wonders! haha im such an idiot!

I think as time goes on the freddo is going to become a firm fixture in my diet! I just need to stay away for a while or I know I may trigger a binge. Anyway, thanks so much again :)

I had the same thing, when I first started i ate SO much lettuce, didn't eat any nice food, but I felt so deprived. Since I've settled down a bit more, I feel so much better.
Great Job on day 1! :) what day is your weigh in?:)

I agree with katie, for me its the naughty treats that keep me on track! having 100 cals of chocolate helps stop me crave it and devouring a family size bar! I have to trick my mind into thinking im being naughty which also keeps me on track! Messed up i know! like today for tea i had a full plate of stir fried veg with lean beef and sweet and sour sauce, and 1/2 a large bag of prawn crackers- this came to 505 cals and i feel both full and in no way deprived as in my mind i had a chinese on a saturday night! don't cut things out just substitute and you'll soon see results! i'm looking forward to tomorrows breakfast of a figure friendly bacon sarnie and a healthy sunday roast lunch round my mums (potatoes in frylight, no skin on the chicken and plenty of veg!) Think of it as a lifestyle change (sounds cheesy!) not a diet where you call "fall off track" and just try to be a little better each day! Best of luck hun :)

katiepillow - I guess my weigh in day is now saturday!

Thanks both of you, this forum is so helpful and I really appreciate your comments :)

Back