Making the switch and introcucing myself :-)

Alex_1978

Gold Member
Just thought I'd pop in and say hello properly! I've been lurking here for ages but rarely, if ever get around to posting!
I started on my VLCD journey, back in September with my boyfriend (AKA The Man) We decided on Exante as our VLCD of choice, ordered the bumper pack, but quickly leaned that he only liked the shakes, I only liked the soups, and neither of us particularly liked the bars!
So we remedied the bar situation by getting some of the Tesco Ultralim ones, but it still left us both in the situation of having two soups (me) or two shakes (him) per day.
So I did a bit of research on minis and came accross Slim and Save - this was back in the early days when the only two meals were the cottage pie/spicy spaghetti, and the range of shakes/bars was nowhere near as good.
We couldn't really afford to have 4/5 S&S products each per day, but we decided to mix and match their meals with our Exante procucts for a bit of variety, and that's what we've been doing ever since.

So...as time's gone on, and S&S have released so many gorgeous new products, I've become more and more tempted to take the plunge and do S&S 'full time'. Bearing in mind that I was only having the Exante mushroom and vegetable soups, it didn't really seem like much of a sacrifice.
The only thing stopping me before was that I don't really like the S&S soups, but I've recently tried the new S&S meals (and love most of them) so I feel like I've got enough variety to ditch the soups.
So I placed a BIG order with S&S on Sunday, which arrived today, and the plan is to have a S&S meal at lunch instead of my Exante soup, and a different one in the evening. I like the fact that I can have the allowed veg too, and that I don't need to feel guilty about having a dash of milk in my tea, which I've been doing all along anyway!

I'm going to leave our diary in the Exante section, as it's a joint thing, and The Man will still be having Exante products, but I expect I'll be posting here as much as I do over there.
Exante must be losing so many customers to S&S at the moment! It seems that people are flocking over here at the moment from the Exante forum!

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me now!
Hope to get to know you all better soon x

Forgot to say, I've lost just about 5 stone so far (although had a gain last week during my planned break) and The Man has lost about 6.5 stone :)

Welcome and I look fowatd to seeing more posts from you!

:welcome: hun, well done on your loss so far, thats amazing!

Catdog xx

Fantastic losses so far, well done!

Thanks for the welcome and the compliments everyone :D
I haven't made things easy for myself, as I've had three planned breaks so far including Christmas, and I gained shed loads of weight each time. If I hadn't had any breaks I'd probably be at goal by now, but hey-ho, I'm getting there slowly but surely, and I finally believe that I really could finish the job this time after dieting for the last 10 years!
x

Thanks for the welcome and the compliments everyone :D
I haven't made things easy for myself, as I've had three planned breaks so far including Christmas, and I gained shed loads of weight each time. If I hadn't had any breaks I'd probably be at goal by now, but hey-ho, I'm getting there slowly but surely, and I finally believe that I really could finish the job this time after dieting for the last 10 years!
x

What a great attitude you have chick, with that positivity and determination you will reach your goal for sure, just look at how far youve came and keep going, whats done is done with the past breaks, just keep looking at whats to come :party0011:

Catdog xx

Back