Making up shakes for next day

Charlie Woo Woo

Silver Member
.... do you? Dont you? I gather the nutrient contrnt drops when you store the shake but Im a ickle bit lazy and making up my shakes in one go and storing rhem in bottles until I want them would help me!

When I was on LT I used to make my shakes up in the morning and take 2 to work with me. I haven't done that on S&S and to be honest they taste much nicer being made up when I drink them.

I always make mine fresh as I thought they had to be consumed within ten minutes? How do you make them and can you change this to enable you to make them fresh each time?

do you use a shaker? I find that the quickest way at work.

Should be made fresh hun, it takes less than a minute to shake in cup. I take mine everywhere make them at my desk, gym changing room, walking to work.

don't get me wrong having something premade (other than a bar) would be ideal for me especially on days out with the kids. I would love to see a s&s version of the tetra pack CD do (big hint if s&s are reading :D )

Hooked said:
I always make mine fresh as I thought they had to be consumed within ten minutes? How do you make them and can you change this to enable you to make them fresh each time?

do you use a shaker? I find that the quickest way at work.

I use a hand blender as dont have a shaker. I have arthritis of fingers and wrist and find it hard to shake. Its actually not that im lazy but its washing up wach time i make something... i wash up enough as it is with 2 kids and a boyfriend. Also find it hard at work as canteen us full of nurses/DR's and I dont like making products up infront of people. One downside to S&S.... no tetras lol x

RebekahR said:
Should be made fresh hun, it takes less than a minute to shake in cup. I take mine everywhere make them at my desk, gym changing room, walking to work.

do you have to shake vigourously because my wrists/fingers arent great (medical reason) x

Hooked said:
don't get me wrong having something premade (other than a bar) would be ideal for me especially on days out with the kids. I would love to see a s&s version of the tetra pack CD do (big hint if s&s are reading :D )

ha ha.. i just said about the tetras!
Days out are sometimes hard for me with making up products x

BordersGirl said:
When I was on LT I used to make my shakes up in the morning and take 2 to work with me. I haven't done that on S&S and to be honest they taste much nicer being made up when I drink them.

hmmm i didnt even think of how they'd taste x

I use a shaker with a metal ball and the S&S ones are not that hard to shake up. They mix quite nicely. S&S said that the cost of postage and the risk of tetras bursting and ruining an entire order have put them off looking at stocking ready made shakes.

BordersGirl said:
I use a shaker with a metal ball and the S&S ones are not that hard to shake up. They mix quite nicely. S&S said that the cost of postage and the risk of tetras bursting and ruining an entire order have put them off looking at stocking ready made shakes.

Ok so these shakers sound much better than the CD ones. I used to dread using CD ones because of the shooting pain od get up my arm and as silky as it sounds my fingers would swell after a few days of using the CD shaker.
Makes sense regarding the tetras with S&S x

I use a blender shaker with a metal ball in also. It's literally three shakes - I will do it gently next time and see how it is.

If its convenience just have other packs, you don't have to have shakes at all hun

Hope that helps xx

RebekahR said:
I use a blender shaker with a metal ball in also. It's literally three shakes - I will do it gently next time and see how it is.

If its convenience just have other packs, you don't have to have shakes at all hun

Hope that helps xx

i considered that but really like a shake. Almost put of the hot meals by the cottage pie lol.... I know that particular one is hit and miss with everyone but I couldnt stomach it and im REALLY not a fussy eater lol.
If you dont mind, let me know how you get on with the gentle approach on the shaker and maybe it'll be worth me getting one.
Thanks for the replys peeps :) x

other people can think what they like is my moto! Drs and nurses are only human at the end of the day and you would be surprised what unhealthy habbits they are hiding ;)

if I haven't got my shaker what I do at work is empty my pack into a tall mug (got some nice tall ones in Ikea with no handle) I mix in a little cold water with a spoon and then add some hot water. It doesn't get rid of all the lumps but I don't mind it. No one has noticed what's in my mug isn't the usual tea and coffee. Another useful item is the little battery operated milk frothers in Ikea, think they are £1.99.

Hooked said:
other people can think what they like is my moto! Drs and nurses are only human at the end of the day and you would be surprised what unhealthy habbits they are hiding ;)

if I haven't got my shaker what I do at work is empty my pack into a tall mug (got some nice tall ones in Ikea with no handle) I mix in a little cold water with a spoon and then add some hot water. It doesn't get rid of all the lumps but I don't mind it. No one has noticed what's in my mug isn't the usual tea and coffee. Another useful item is the little battery operated milk frothers in Ikea, think they are £1.99.

Thank you Hooked :) x

I still want tetras, bursting or not as they are so flexible - days out, frozen as ice cream, lazy days etc

what are tetras? im thinking of startins S&S next week, i just cant stomach LT its vile!!! xxxxx

They're ready made shakes in a carton.

I use a whisk , rubbed between my hands for a shake. So no actual shaking at all. It gets all the lumps out for me. I dont know if you would find that any easier x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

tinkerblonde said:
I use a whisk , rubbed between my hands for a shake. So no actual shaking at all. It gets all the lumps out for me. I dont know if you would find that any easier x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Probably woul still aggrevate my wrists but thank you for the suggestion :) x

Back