Man knows best or not........

Alia

Silver Member
So my hubby is doing Exante with me - he did really well in the first week, he dropped 5kgs (he's foreign and does n't do stones lol) anyway this week he has decided that he can eat some stuff and it wont affect his loss - tonight he has had some pistachios and cashews and a huge bowl of salad cause no one else will eat it ( i would if i was not on plan) and he detests food being thrown away - thats quite funny really cause it reminded me of when his mum came to stay for 6 months and i would end uP with a fridge full of uneaten toast, buttered bread, basically anything that could be eaten did not go in the bin - anyway I digress, what I am wondering is how much will these odd bits of food affect his weight loss?

Well it could knock him out of ketosis! Maybe he should do the working solution instead of the total one?

The salad won't be too bad depending on if there is dressings and stuff in it - then its bad

But the nuts (and I hate him for having them cus I love nuts lol) will definitely knock him out of ketosis!!! So it's just making it harder for himself!!

The salad won't be too bad depending on if there is dressings and stuff in it - then its bad

But the nuts (and I hate him for having them cus I love nuts lol) will definitely knock him out of ketosis!!! So it's just making it harder for himself!!

i love nuts too :(

Especially pistachios!! They are my favourite lol

Hahaha.

Mmmm. Pistachios are my fav too!

Strangely I haven't found it brings me out of ketosis yet, and I eat very similar most weekends. This weekend I had burgers, salad and pistachios on both days and still lost 3lb. I guess like someone mentioned he's most probably better off doing the working solution though and factoring some food in. I have done shakes only before but found it turned me a little neurotic in thinking about food all the time. This is the most calm I've felt doing a diet/weightloss plan as I've not put any rules on myself and not being weighed in most probably helps!

Hello to everyone btw. I've been a 2 week lurker but thought I better register and say hello :)

Hiya Plymscuba!!

Soooo....do you scuba dive???

In Plymouth? lol

Haha. I used to scuba dive too!! I miss it SO much! I got my advanced open water certification. Have you ever been diving in a cave? It's amazing!

No I always fancied Mexico for that. I did most of my diving in Sharm, and here in Plymouth. I also travelled about 10yrs ago so did lots in Thailand, India and Australia.
Sold all my kit last year as I doubt I'll do much unless on holiday now :(

I went cave diving in Florida. Blue Grotto and Devil's Den. They's Springs. They were beautiful! I've also scuba dived in Italy, although I wasn't certified then lol. And in South Carolina.

Would love to go in Australia! Sharks terrify me though! Have you ever been on a ship wreck?

I had to leave all my kit in the states when I moved to England! So I know how you feel!

I love sharks :D Swam with 16 hammerheads circling beneath us in Sharm oh and we saw a tiger shark there too, but I didn't realise what it was and went chasing after it trying to get a pic :rolleyes: Not sure I'd be as happy to see a great white in Oz though :eek:
Night dives were a favourite for me in Egypt, amazing diving there and would love to go back!

Oh what? That's crazy! You're much braver than I am! Although, I might have been diving with sharks on one wreck dive. The visibility was so bad You couldn't see your hand in front of your face. Worst. dive. ever. Also my buddy ran out of air!

Great whites are super scary! :hide:

I don't think I've ever done a night dive. I'm assuming it's similar to diving in a cave because it would be dark?

Not a diver but talking of sharks, we are saving up to go to South Africa after our honeymoon so that I can go shark cage diving!! I love sharks too!!

That sounds like a blessing and a curse all rolled in to one!! Haha

what an advdnturous lot you are, chelly stick your leg out the cage and you'll lose a good few lbs that way mate lol

Haha! No way would I ever go in a shark cage! :gen157:

Ooh I'd love to try cage/shark diving. My chap done that in S.Africa with a load of friends and they all got sea sick, ha ha. Free chum for the sharks!!!

Back