MancBird's Weightloss Diary

Hey SB, and welcome, the more the merrier!

2.5lbs is a PERFECT loss! You should be proud of yourself! I only average 1/2 a pound a week, so would be made up with that amount. The key to success on SW is to not expect massive losses every week, just keep going to class and the weight will come off, somewhere around 1-2lbs a week would be fantastic but if its slower don't panic... it will come off for you eventually if you stick with it :)

Its not a race, its a journey, to be enjoyed with MM friends!!

WI for me tonight, I have been cold turkey on my home scales for a whole day (ahahaa) so will be a suprise, I am aiming for a maintain after the weekend's excesses so fingers crossed!

I AM ALSO 30 YEARS OLD ON FRIDAY!!!! ARRHGGGHGHGHGGHHHHH!!

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the welcome MB. 2.5 is a good loss but when I want to lose 5 stones it's just a drop in the ocean. I was just hoping for a big loss in my first week then steady away from then on plus my friend who joined last week with me lost 6lb, I was pleased for her though, but made me feel even worse!

You're right it is a journey and the last dieting journey I ever intend to make.

30 is not bad - I'm 35 this month - now that is argghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Good luck tonight. I can't seem to break the habit of getting weighed every morning and every night if I rememeber - why I don't know - mental, it's just torturing myself! Ha

xxxx

2lb ON!!! OMG!!!

Thats my weekend catching up with me then.... eeekkk!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh dear - are you having a big party for the big 30?? If so I would discount this week and start afresh after the weekend... Anyway, you deserve to have a good time, just ignore the gain in the meantime!! xx

I've got a mad weekend planned, dinner out with family tonight, staying at the Hilton in Manchester tomorrow night and then an 80s themed party Saturday... going to try and stay within a higher syn limit for the next 3 days and be 100% the rest of the week!

Sometimes life gets in the way of slimming though doesn't it? I know those 2lbs will melt off as soon as I'm back on it 100% again.

Well done on your loss this week!

xxxxxxx

Exactly - you need to enjoy your life, thinking about what you eat, esp on your birthday isn;t much fun!!!

2lb ON!!! OMG!!!

Thats my weekend catching up with me then.... eeekkk!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

could have been a whole lot worse babes - 2lbs is nothing (plus check my diary tonight - i think ive gained 6 this week!!!)

ps - i am in Manchester this weekend!!! Stopping in some hotel near Old Trafford tomorrow!!! (yuk - i am a MCFC fan!)

xxx

could have been a whole lot worse babes - 2lbs is nothing (plus check my diary tonight - i think ive gained 6 this week!!!)

ps - i am in Manchester this weekend!!! Stopping in some hotel near Old Trafford tomorrow!!! (yuk - i am a MCFC fan!)

xxx

Woohoo! What you up to in Manc, didn't think the derby was til next weekend?! Forgot you're a blue (I'm a Red but I don't go any more, I have a season ticket to my local club Altrincham instead and enjoy it much more than OT) xxxxx

Woohoo! What you up to in Manc, didn't think the derby was til next weekend?! Forgot you're a blue (I'm a Red but I don't go any more, I have a season ticket to my local club Altrincham instead and enjoy it much more than OT) xxxxx

Not going to Eastlands - although i may do - cos there are some tickets still for the Baggies match - but right next to the away fans - *eek*

We are seeing Russell Howard tomorrow night at the MEN - so stopping over and having a day in Manchester on Saturday :) woop woop!

So if you see me - please say 'hello'! Snuggle69 spotted me in Norfolk, but didnt say anything so we missed the chance for a chat - :wave_cry:

so make sure you go 'Oi Elle' and i am sure to turn round :) xxx

Not going to Eastlands - although i may do - cos there are some tickets still for the Baggies match - but right next to the away fans - *eek*

We are seeing Russell Howard tomorrow night at the MEN - so stopping over and having a day in Manchester on Saturday :) woop woop!

So if you see me - please say 'hello'! Snuggle69 spotted me in Norfolk, but didnt say anything so we missed the chance for a chat - :wave_cry:

so make sure you go 'Oi Elle' and i am sure to turn round :) xxx

Brilliant, I will keep my eyes peeled on Deansgate, I am going to Bem Brasil for my birthday dinner tomorrow night so will be the one staggering around after too many mojitos...

I love Russell Howard! Saw him in Blackburn a couple of years ago, he was brilliant xxxxxx

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a great weekend xxx

Brilliant, I will keep my eyes peeled on Deansgate, I am going to Bem Brasil for my birthday dinner tomorrow night so will be the one staggering around after too many mojitos...

I love Russell Howard! Saw him in Blackburn a couple of years ago, he was brilliant xxxxxx

Ooh cool - i am looking forward to seeing him!

We got tickets for the game too - so im off to Eastlands!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Hope you have a wonderful Birthday xxxxxx

So I'm 30... had an absolutely fabulous, if very off plan weekend!

My lovely fella got me a Tiffany chain and a Radley bag, I'm so so lucky he is such a star!

Foodwise, my plan to be 50/50 kind of went ok, apart from quite a few (synned cupcakes), my big downfall was the drink, had so many cocktails Saturday night at my 80s disco I think they will def show on the scales... but going to be 100% from now to WI in the hope of a STS - I'm not going to beat myself up too much, you are only 30 once!!

Zumba tonight to start the repair work!! xxxxxxxx

Glad you had a great weekend and as you say, you only turn 30 once! Your fella sounds very thoughtful too, did you have to drop hints??!!

I wouldn't worry about what damage you may (or may not) have done, get back on plan and any blip will soon be forgotten!!!

xx

Glad you had a great weekend and as you say, you only turn 30 once! Your fella sounds very thoughtful too, did you have to drop hints??!!

I wouldn't worry about what damage you may (or may not) have done, get back on plan and any blip will soon be forgotten!!!

xx

Hiya Mav, how's your week going?

I didn't have to drop hints amazingly, he's a gem and took note of things I like when we're out and about, little superstar lol!! I have a lot to make up for on his birthday for sure!!

I'm back 100% last 2 days and went to Zumba so looking a lot better, a STS would be a total result so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Hope you're feeling better about money and everything this week xxxxxxxxxx

Stole this idea from EB... I've just worked out my WI to Wedding ratio:

I have 73 WIs left until the wedding, and 75lbs to go to target... easy maths there, 1lb a week and I will get there... but as I seem to go up and down throughout the month I am going to take it monthly and go for 4lb a month as a target!

Great way to focus and thank you EB for the Thinspiration! xxxxxx

I think the number of weeks to go is SCARY!!! :D and we must be twins cos i had a tiffany necklace off my fella for my 30th too!! :) its a Picasso kiss limited edition thingabibob! They dont do them now so its even more limited! lol!

Good luck for weigh in - i am sure Zumba and 100% will benefit you xxx

WI today... agh, not looking forward to it...!! Only myself to blame.

Had such a cheaty week this week, one of those "just one won't hurt" type of things, where before you know it you're averaging 30 syns a day... birthday cake, cupcakes, chocs... all mounts up and equals one fed up MB!

I can't use the birthday excuse any more, its well and truly gone!

Time for tough love - this week I need to be 100% all week, whatever the result tonight xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Back